The Stadium!

What kind of stadium do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just making a comment with regards to the other thread which might get merged across, the process of state significance requires the proposal to go through the Tasmanian Planning Commission, in which the planning commission can either recommend or not recommend the project go ahead. Even if the TPC decides to not recommend it for whatever reason, the minister can still send it to a vote in parliament where at the moment the majority of members of both houses openly support the stadium.

So unless the TPC finds something disastrously wrong with the plan that can flip its support from the members of parliament, it will be approved.

Just making a comment with regards to the other thread which might get merged across, the process of state significance requires the proposal to go through the Tasmanian Planning Commission, in which the planning commission can either recommend or not recommend the project go ahead. Even if the TPC decides to not recommend it for whatever reason, the minister can still send it to a vote in parliament where at the moment the majority of members of both houses openly support the stadium.

So unless the TPC finds something disastrously wrong with the plan that can flip its support from the members of parliament, it will be approved.
Mmm I believe we still need the "go ahead" from Roland Browne..... :expressionless:

I really hope you are right, but I know some believe it has no chance of being approved. I'm just Interested do you believe any part of the deal could cause some to backflip on their support and if the stadium wasn't approved would they likely consider the Racing track or Regatta Point proposal?

I'm just Interested do you believe any part of the deal could cause some to backflip on their support and if the stadium wasn't approved would they likely consider the Racing track or Regatta Point proposal?
No clue, but it would have to be something drastic and unexpected. What do these people you supposedly know (and totally aren't just you concern trolling) who say it has no chance think?

No clue, but it would have to be something drastic and unexpected. What do these people you supposedly know (and totally aren't just you concern trolling) who say it has no chance think?
These are just from people on social media I have tried to show how great it's going to be. It's just the usual concerns about it bankrupting the state and how it's a bad deal for Tasmania. I personally think some of these people are against any development in this state that can help improve the place for the better.

These are just from people on social media I have tried to show how great it's going to be. It's just the usual concerns about it bankrupting the state and how it's a bad deal for Tasmania. I personally think some of these people are against any development in this state that can help improve the place for the better.
To be honest, I wouldn’t worry what people online say. It will bring money into the state from visitors and sponsors and concerts. Should look fwd to it.

I just can’t see how Cricket Aus will add more tests though?
Aside from India and England they don’t draw the crowds? Maybe they push an Indian series to 5 games but along with being very doubtful, we have to beat Brisbane too it.

Say we get a Sri Lanka. Do we think the place would be completely packed for multiple days?

i think the energy needs to be put into attracting other content.
I dont think tests are the big draw, just something in the mix. One day games, Shield, etc will all add to the use of the ground. Not every even has to be big & ground does not need to be at capacity all days.

They're getting desperate. I saw a post somewhere claiming the cost will be near $4Billion. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tassie Devils have passed 200,000 foundation members with around 125,000 from Tasmania. The south eastern region of Tassie has 58% of those members with the northern region signing up 42% of the tassie contigent. The team also has well over 20,000 that don't currently support a team in the competition which I think is a good sign it comes to attracting new supporters. I personally think people are going to be pleasantly surprised to see how many people will sign up as season members when they become available.

The Tassie Devils have passed 200,000 foundation members with around 125,000 from Tasmania. The south eastern region of Tassie has 58% of those members with the northern region signing up 42% of the tassie contigent. The team also has well over 20,000 that don't currently support a team in the competition which I think is a good sign it comes to attracting new supporters. I personally think people are going to be pleasantly surprised to see how many people will sign up as season members when they become available.

Crowd figures when hawthorn first played there would support that. It’s not that theoretical

Sold to who?

Where is Clarence then going to play? The largest football club in Tasmania. Remember this is for football yer?

I would think shield would be played at the TCA or remain on Blundstone.
Can only pass on some of the info from conversations I’ve had, once Bellerive is sold, it’s cricket at Mac Point. There will be variables that come into play no doubt, time frames etc, perhaps the TCA will be a short term fix, but like I said, not been mentioned in the chats I’ve been involved in.

Ps: Red ball was to be played at Bellerive & white ball at the new multipurpose infrastructure, all that has changed with CT looking to sell up. I’ve mentioned that Bellerive would be a great home for the TIS, but so would the HPC I guess…

Can only pass on some of the info from conversations I’ve had, once Bellerive is sold, it’s cricket at Mac Point. There will be variables that come into play no doubt, time frames etc, perhaps the TCA will be a short term fix, but like I said, not been mentioned in the chats I’ve been involved in.

Ps: Red ball was to be played at Bellerive & white ball at the new multipurpose infrastructure, all that has changed with CT looking to sell up. I’ve mentioned that Bellerive would be a great home for the TIS, but so would the HPC I guess…
So where do you think Clarence football club will play and base themselves?

Once Bellerive is sold, yes.
Bellerive is owned by Clarence Council and is. It is not going to be sold.

Cricket Tasmania are/were trying to leverage their product by saying that all cricket will stay at Bellerive unless the state builds them a new high performance centre elsewhere. CT own the current cricket training centre there, and would sell that off (would have limited value). Clarence FC will remain there.

This is an old article but if that is still CT’s position, the TAS govt should call cricket’s bluff and say they will lower the roof at the new stadium if no cricket.

Unfortunately, with the costs of stadiums these days it would probably have a roof to enable other events to use the facility.

As for me? If it was a football-centric stadium then you can’t have a roof. A legitimate home ground advantage forcing teams to play in the elements!

Cricket Tasmania are/were trying to leverage their product by saying that all cricket will stay at Bellerive unless the state builds them a new high performance centre elsewhere. CT own the current cricket training centre there, and would sell that off (would have limited value). Clarence FC will remain there.

This is an old article but if that is still CT’s position, the TAS govt should call cricket’s bluff and say they will lower the roof at the new stadium if no cricket.
Obviously the roof is required for other events like concerts so they will not be getting rid of the roof.

I know the designers have run tests and believe that 50m is required so no balls will hit the roof.
If you were to tollerate a ball contacting the roof very rarely could the roof be lowered?
Lets say we took 5m out of the roof, would the roof be undamaged if a ball hit it? Given the energy in the ball after it has travelled 45m up I suggest the roof would take that pretty easy.
Maybe make it that if you the roof it would be 6 and out (just like playing cricket in the back yard when you hit a ball over the fence).

Cricket Tasmania chairman and former Test cricketer David Boon said he was excited about what the stadium could provide for the sport.

"The bottom line is, yes, we will be able to play cricket there and we're very much looking forward to it," he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Stadium!

Back