The Stadium!

What kind of stadium do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The greens have come out accusing the Tasmanian government over lying about the cost of the Mac Point stadium, They claim it could end up costing $3 billion dollars. I'm thinking that if the stadium doesn't go ahead maybe they need to consider using Utas and Bellerive until a later date and if the demands warrants a new stadium later on then look at it then.

I'm passionate about the stadium just as must as anyone but I'm even more passionate about our team. I think if the stadium doesn't work out then we need to at least see if it can work at the current grounds. The cost of upgrading Bellerive would be substantially less than the new stadium and if we fill it to capacity for several years we can then go to the people of Tasmania and say we are losing out hugely by playing at Bellerive so we are in dire need of a new stadium.

I think we can all agree the number 1 priority is our team and it would be a huge loss if we had to hand our licence back to the afl. I personally don't think they would be pretty headlines at all and I think other major sporting league's would never consider Tasmania for teams in the future. I think the next six months are going to be very big when it comes to our team, so all I'm saying folks is let's keep all options open.
It's not going to cost 3 billion.
Once again..it's pure and simple scare mongering from anti stadium morons who are so desperate they'll say anything to cause shit.

It's not going to cost 3 billion.
Once again..it's pure and simple scare mongering from anti stadium morons who are so desperate they'll say anything to cause shit.
Spot on, Wouldn’t believe everything you read from Social Media to the Media themselves. Let’s celebrate and not focus on the what if’s. It’s Happening everyone.

I'm Interested to know who on here would still back hosting the team out of Bellerive along with Utas if the stadium did end up getting knocked back. I certainly prefer a new stadium, but if Bellerive could be made suitable like a lot of naysayers say then would people be OK with it if it meant we keep the team?

I'm Interested to know who on here would still back hosting the team out of Bellerive along with Utas if the stadium did end up getting knocked back. I certainly prefer a new stadium, but if Bellerive could be made suitable like a lot of naysayers say then would people be OK with it if it meant we keep the team?
The AFL wouldn't accept it without even more government money being tipped in. There's already a $9 million penalty for the first year and if the stadium build runs late to the AFL, plus the Tasmanian government is putting in $12 million per year (plus $60 million for the training base) for the ongoing running of the team, simply because the realities of capacity constraints and fewer numbers of local sponsorships etc. means that the team won't independently generate the $45-50 million per year that teams need to generate. They will generate this from higher-priced ticket options and corporate seats from the new stadium (while still being $12 million per year short).

The AFL wouldn't accept it without even more government money being tipped in. There's already a $9 million penalty for the first year and if the stadium build runs late to the AFL, plus the Tasmanian government is putting in $12 million per year (plus $60 million for the training base) for the ongoing running of the team, simply because the realities of capacity constraints and fewer numbers of local sponsorships etc. means that the team won't independently generate the $45-50 million per year that teams need to generate. They will generate this from higher-priced ticket options and corporate seats from the new stadium (while still being $12 million per year short).
Ok I understand all this, but I still believe a renegotiated deal is not completely out of the question. I'm passionate about the team and a team playing out of Bellerive is still better than no stadium and no team.

Ok I understand all this, but I still believe a renegotiated deal is not completely out of the question. I'm passionate about the team and a team playing out of Bellerive is still better than no stadium and no team.
The renegotiation would be somewhere around the ballpark of the Tas government tipping in up to or around $10 million per year for the team, above and beyond the $12 million.

At that point it's just better to build the stadium, because you get the money back from hosting the additional events (the whole point of building the stadium!)

The new stadium won’t be knocked back. No new stadium no team.

Honestly have you seen the massive opposition to it down here?.. and with the state in serious debt that will only make calls for it to be axed louder unfortunately.
Nah wouldn’t worry and a little concerned all the negative comments to be honest. Celebrate that it is going to happen 😊👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly have you seen the massive opposition to it down here?.. and with the state in serious debt that will only make calls for it to be axed louder unfortunately.
Boy, you don't get it, it's a done deal.

Your "massive" opposition, are the SAME people that oppose everything, Roland Browne, The Greens, Wilkie, Flanagan etc

I can't say I have. Both major parties supporting it and just an embarrassing group of loud boomers opposing.

What massive opposition?
You need to relax.

What massive opposition?
You need to relax.
Just from different groups down here and some everyday people in public. I think you are probably right about needing to relax,but i just think with the state in serious debt calls for it to be axed are only going to come louder and louder.

What major opposition beside the usual suspects who WILL NOT have any impact on stadium?
You've been reassure many times it's happening and yet you still peddle this angle. It's like your going out of your way to find the anti stadium negative stuff.
And you wonder why people criticise your attitude and intentions.
I have one piece of advice for you.
Next time you see an article or news item relating to any anti-stadium stuff - ignore it. Just ignore it. Change the channel. Don't read whatever is written. You'll be saving yourself a whole lot of grief and worry.
Relax. Please.

Every detail of the Macquarie Point stadium application is expected to go public in the next week according to the examiner. Do people know if this will include a lot of information that is not currently known to the public?

What major opposition beside the usual suspects who WILL NOT have any impact on stadium?
You've been reassure many times it's happening and yet you still peddle this angle. It's like your going out of your way to find the anti stadium negative stuff.
And you wonder why people criticise your attitude and intentions.
I have one piece of advice for you.
Next time you see an article or news item relating to any anti-stadium stuff - ignore it. Just ignore it. Change the channel. Don't read whatever is written. You'll be saving yourself a whole lot of grief and worry.
Relax. Please.
Thankyou for your advice,I will keep it in mind.

Every detail of the Macquarie Point stadium application is expected to go public in the next week according to the examiner. Do people know if this will include a lot of information that is not currently known to the public?
I'd expect some of the details will be still be under "commercial in confidence", but there is plenty of detail that could and SHOULD be released........ see how we go.

It’ll be the submission that MPDC makes to the Tas Planning Commission.

Basically a 2000 page document that addresses all the guidelines as set by the TPC.

It’ll go to the TPC then be made public.

I am told it’s extremely comprehensive

It’ll be the submission that MPDC makes to the Tas Planning Commission.

Basically a 2000 page document that addresses all the guidelines as set by the TPC.

It’ll go to the TPC then be made public.

I am told it’s extremely comprehensive
Thankyou kindly,hopefully it includes private investment details etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Stadium!

Back