Hobart stadium Likely POSS outcome or Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Tassie

Senior List
Mar 25, 2024
AFL Club
Tasmania
I'm just interested to know if people think the POSS will recommend the stadium for approval or they will find it too risky for Tasmania and recommend it's knocked back?

Just interested in the latest updates on the POSS and if people think the POSS will recommend the stadium be approved or knocked back.

The people against it say it won't make any money, but from what I can see in the cost benefit analysis that has be proven incorrect if you read the whole analysis. Tasmanian economist Saul Eslake also said yesterday that it is a strong case, so I'm not sure some against are reading some of this information.

Very good post, exciting times ahead. Wish we could fast forward to this.
Ruth Forrest said yesterday the POSS could still take up to 2 years in assessing the application significantly delaying the start of the stadium. People are also saying it may not get through the lower house when the vote takes place. I know people believe this is over the line, but I have to disagree on that,the first thing is that the POSS recommends the stadium but considering the stadium is expected to make a loss I struggle to see that happening. I'm interested to know what people's opinion are on all this and do people think a renegotiation is still possible?

Ruth Forrest said yesterday the POSS could still take up to 2 years in assessing the application significantly delaying the start of the stadium. People are also saying it may not get through the lower house when the vote takes place. I know people believe this is over the line, but I have to disagree on that,the first thing is that the POSS recommends the stadium but considering the stadium is expected to make a loss I struggle to see that happening. I'm interested to know what people's opinion are on all this and do people think a renegotiation is still possible?
This has already been answered in here. Once again with the negative comments.

This has already been answered in here. Once again with the negative comments.
I'm sorry if I'm sounding a bit negative, but I think we have to be realistical on the chance's of this going ahead and that is why a renegotiation will likely be required.

There will be no "renegotiation", because there doesn't need to be.
I just don't understand how you can be so certain. The stadium is expected to run at a deficit so don't you think the Projects Of State Significance will look at that negatively. I also heard earlier that while the upper house will easily vote it through if recommended, the lower house will be less likely to have the numbers. I know you don't believe a renegotiation is possible but I think we will find the afl would look bad if they weren't willing to do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hobart stadium Likely POSS outcome or Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back