The Sweet FA Pokemon Battle Game

Are you interested in playing this game?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

2000px-English_Pok%C3%A9mon_logo.svg.png

BATTLE! (Beta)

This game is inspired by the current Werewolf game, the Assassin game and of course, Pokemon. I've only come up with the rough concept, but thought I would post this thread to see if there is any interest and for people to critique the rules. The game is designed to appeal to fans of Pokemon while not disadvantaging those without prior knowledge of the series.

The Rules:

To start the game each player is given a random base Pokemon with a random amount of CP. Players will be notified of their Pokemon and CP via PM. It is up to them if they reveal this information in the game thread.

Once the game starts, players will be allowed to challenge other players to a "Battle" in the thread by tagging them along with the moderators. The opponent will need to agree or reject the battle by replying to the challengers post and tagging the moderators. If a player fails to respond to the challenge within 24hrs, the challenger will be rewarded with their Pokemon and they will be Mod killed.

The moderators will then post the result of the battle in the thread. The Pokemon with higher CP will win the battle. The winner will be awarded half of the losers CP and a "Revive" potion. The loser will have to use a revive potion to continue. Players only start the game with one revive potion.

Where 2 Pokemon are evenly match, the result will be decided by a coin toss.

Levelling up and Evolving: With each win a player will become more powerful. Each Pokemon will have a set amount of CP they need to reach to "Evolve". "Evolving" will grant a huge amount of additional CP. As a rule, the lower the Pokemon's starting CP, the less amount of CP they will need to Evolve. Pokemon that cannot evolve will start with a higher amount of CP. (eg. Squirtle may start with a CP of 33, whereas Pinsir may start with a CP of 55).

Capturing Pokemon: When a player is defeated in battle they may only continue if they have a revive potion. If they do not, their Pokemon may be captured by the winner. A player may only have a total of 6 Pokemon in their possession. Once they have 6, if they wish to capture another Pokemon they must select one of their Pokemon to discard. They will not know what Pokemon they are capturing unless their defeated opponent wishes to tell them.

The game ends when only 2 Pokemon trainers are left and the player with the Pokemon with the higher CP will be declared the winner.

I think 30 would be an ideal number of players and due to the pace of the game and up to 3 Moderators may be needed. Players may declare their interest in playing below, however, beware that a start date for the game has yet to be decided and the rules may change before we start.

Myself and Millky95 have been working on the game mechanics, so here is a run down of how things will work (note: players will not have to remember this. This information is mainly for the Mods, however, I'm posting it for clarity):

1. Types matter. How come my 75CP Water Pokemon just lost to a 70CP Electric Pokemon? Because Electric is super effective against Water. When fighting against another types you are effective against, your Pokemon will receive a 1.3x or 1.5x multiplier depending on effectiveness. The Mods will calculate this. Use this chart as a guide:

tumblr_muo82hL5Mh1s62knco1_500.png

2. In Battle, you will use all of your available Pokemon from lowest CP to highest. Millky breaks it down...

Lowest CP vs Lowest CP for both, loser gets knocked out. Brings out next Pokemon

P1: 10 Charmnader and 500 Riachu vs P2: 50 Squirtle , 100 Pidgey and 400 Golem

Charmander vs Squritle, Squirtle wins
Riachu vs Squrtle, Riachu wins
Riachu vs Pidgey, Riachu wins
Riachu vs Golem, Golem wins, player 2 winner overall

3. Rewards: Using the above example, upon winning, Player 2 would receive
the equivalent of half the CP of Player 1's lowest Pokemon (10CP Charmander), and so would receive 5 CP to apply to any of their Pokemon and 1 Revive Potion.

4. Evolving: To evolve your Pokemon you will need to earn them 5x their original CP to evolve to their second stage and the 2x that CP to evolve to their 3rd stage (if they have one). In the above example, the 50CP Squirtle would need to earn 250CP to evolve to Wartortle and 900CP to evolve to Blastoise. Pokemon receive a bonus 200CP upon evolving.

5. Team Rocket: Of course, what Pokemon game would be complete without Team Rocket? 2 Players will be selected as Jesse and James at the start of the game and will receive Ekans and Koffing as their Pokemon. Their mission is to catch Pikachu. If they manage to capture him they will win the game. Team Rocket share a PM.

Mod Notice:

When you battle someone, win or lose, you will find out their Pokemon in your PM. You may use this information any way you wish.

Trainers:

1. Gentlemen - Modkilled.
2. sante
3. Blacky - knocked out.
4. Quivorir - knocked out.
5. Michaels - knocked out.
6. akkaps - knocked out.
7. Bet on Blue
8. JT_the_man - knocked out.
9. dennis crumpet
10. Sterge

11. Hatchy1992 - knocked out.
12. brahj - knocked out.
13. Willo_
14. The_Reaper - knocked out.
15. Golumless - knocked out.
16. joelsyt - knocked out.
17. RedVest4 - knocked out.
18. The Filth Wizard - knocked out.
19. cooney - Forfeited.
20. Far Kern
21. dogs105 - knocked out.
22. tgrs - knocked out.
23. _Cayz_ - knocked out.
24. SM - knocked out.
25. Igloo - knocked out.
26. Mantastic
27. Thatsapaddlin - knocked out.
28. Noobz0r - Modkilled.
29. spookism - Modkilled.
30. Doctor Colossus - knocked out.
31. burningdwarf - knocked out.

Last edited:

Sure

EDIT: If I see a 35 Fire type lose to a 40 Grass type though, I'll lose my shit. Types matter people

Well you can help mod then. ;)

I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible for the first game. If it proves a hit I can modify it... just like Werewolf.

Well you can help mod then. ;)

I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible for the first game. If it proves a hit I can modify it... just like Werewolf.
If you need me to, sure. I can give you the Pokemon knowledge to make it more realistic

FWIW, my 550 Electrode (electric type) took 80% of a Pidgeot (flying type) HP. Types matter :p

If you need me to, sure. I can give you the Pokemon knowledge to make it more realistic

FWIW, my 550 Electrode (electric type) took 80% of a Pidgeot (flying type) HP. Types matter :p

As I said, I would love to be as true to the series as possible, but I think it's something you need to build up to. Remember how hard modding your first WW game was? Well this will be every bit as hard.

As I said, I would love to be as true to the series as possible, but I think it's something you need to build up to. Remember how hard modding your first WW game was? Well this will be every bit as hard.
PM me your thoughts on how the battles will work and I'll see what I can do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't read the OP properly

And I have a very limited understanding about what is good or not, basing what I like basically on appearance

Can I play?

I haven't read the OP properly

And I have a very limited understanding about what is good or not, basing what I like basically on appearance

Can I play?

Yep. You will be assigned a Pokemon at random, so there won't be any picking.

Back