CEO of Ricky Nixon authentic signed memorabilia
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Long queues at Centrelink.
Saw the report on the TV news.
"No cash on premises" sign at the Centrelink office.
They're trying to cut down on handling cash anyway because it's contaminated lel

my mates old man was a butcher and when choosing the cattle he would pick the calmest, that it made for better meat. Surely if they’re skewering an animal and blow torching it it’s stress levels would be through the roof and therefore the meat wouldn’t be as good.
Healthier and tastes better too.
That’s part of why there’s a big movement to be able to kill your own meat on the farm rather than be required by law to send your animals through the stress of travel followed by the abattoir experience.
They can instantly smell death and fear at abbatoirs and the meat suffers.

I typically feel “each to their own” on most subjects but I have a lot of trouble with the cruelty side to the practise here.

Yeah, I feel very much the same.

Could think of a dozen similar things where I try to understand something so culturally different to my own upbringing and just can't move my moral compass enough to not think of it as hideous.

In this case, it did at least allow me to understand that there's a reason - whether or not each individual thinks it's a good reason - things get done that way over there. In my head that's a microscopic bit more understandable than just blind cruelty/indifference.

That’s part of why there’s a big movement to be able to kill your own meat on the farm rather than be required by law to send your animals through the stress of travel followed by the abattoir experience.

that makes sense. Tho I can’t imagine they’ll ever OK the killing of the animal on the farm since they wouldn’t be able to police it and be sure it’s done humanly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I feel very much the same.

Could think of a dozen similar things where I try to understand something so culturally different to my own upbringing and just can't move my moral compass enough to not think of it as hideous.

In this case, it did at least allow me to understand that there's a reason - whether or not each individual thinks it's a good reason - things get done that way over there. In my head that's a microscopic bit more understandable than just blind cruelty/indifference.

very rational, and I agree with the seeing it from someone else’s perspective and therefore, Maybe having it make an ounce of sense. Its so difficult given the grotesque nature of it.

QLD closing the border.
Not sure how they’ll enforce that. Good ****ing luck haha
I work 100m sth of it and have more clients from the nth of it but am being encouraged by the health minister to work and am not entitled to a corona payment unless I am “unable to work”.

China’s Belt and Road initiative at work offering financial support to EU countries, starting to smell like a planned outbreak
Historically the belt road initiative is the current version of China's silk road and the black death, or plague that spread out of the country at the time.
Italy and Iran were two of the first to join the Belt Road, so it's no coincidence in my opinion they are feeling the full brunt of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back