No Oppo Supporters The TAN 84 - NO yank politics.Brand names with a dash of groupthink

Remove this Banner Ad

It sorts out who you want to hang out with though
And that's actually a pity. I remember a time when people just got on with each other. Politics was the last thing you spoke about. And we all agreed this morning well before the debate not to talk about it in here because of the divisive nature of it. Appears some just can't resist.

And that's actually a pity. I remember a time when people just got on with each other. Politics was the last thing you spoke about. And we all agreed this morning well before the debate not to talk about it in here because of the divisive nature of it. Appears some just can't resist.

Yeah not interested in discussing it either mate we should just leave it at the door. The last round was pretty awful

I didn't see or agree to anything this morning, anyway there is not much on tv so I think I will watch a debate replay loop 🤣

Last edited:
A lot of the issue stems from the media, both sides weaponised using editorials to muddy the waters between opinion and “news” and everyone now (I’m not immune either) needs to push the fact they think they are “right” when having a debate when the main outcome you should be looking for is learning something

We all ultimately think we are experts on just about everything and it’s simply not the case

Even with the internet we can garner an informed opinion but we also need to recognise that we are definitely not experts on whatever the pissing contest is about today and would prefer to “win” an argument instead of trying to understand the other persons viewpoint and potentially just agree to disagree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of the issue stems from the media, both sides weaponised using editorials to muddy the waters between opinion and “news” and everyone now (I’m not immune either) needs to push the fact they think they are “right” when having a debate when the main outcome you should be looking for is learning something

We all ultimately think we are experts on just about everything and it’s simply not the case

Even with the internet we can garner an informed opinion but we also need to recognise that we are definitely not experts on whatever the pissing contest is about today and would prefer to “win” an argument instead of trying to understand the other persons viewpoint and potentially just agree to disagree
Reality is this, regardless of who “won” today, how does it impact you paying your mortgage, utilities or grocery bill right now in Australia?
And strangers arguing on the internet. Who wins? Just divides further and creates echo chambers.

Attachments

• 1726040738476.png
    1726040738476.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 3
Let’s not open the flood doors mate I agree 100%. It gets ugly for the losers and we don’t need crying babies right now so I am in total solidarity with you
To be honest mate, after yesterday’s pathetic race baiting guys like myself abd Elton Johns Wig endured in another thread, things aren’t real great on this board. But, people can go as hard as they like. It’s their choice to do so.

I suggest the title be changed then, but I think you are being a little sensitive
Keeping civility isn’t sensitivity. I don’t think people want to read a shitfight in the tan.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters The TAN 84 - NO yank politics.Brand names with a dash of groupthink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back