No Oppo Supporters The TAN 84 - NO yank politics.Brand names with a dash of groupthink

Remove this Banner Ad

They probably need a far softer ball for ALFW.
Almost like a Nerf ball.
They cannot kick the current football far enough into open space, to score goals.
The players regroup behind the short limited kicks, to create an ugly unwatchable rugby-style defensive scrum.
If they change to a nerf ball then whankley can play

How can you improve the product of aflw in the immediate future?

I understand that the talent pool is thin and it’ll take time to develop into a decent product but what rule changes or amendments can be made now that will have a positive impact? They use a smaller ball which I guess helps with the skill and I think there’s a less player on the ground. I was going to suggest a smaller ground but it seems like they are playing in smaller stadiums.

I think a major issue is people comparing it to AFL, doing that you're just setting up the women to fail imo.

One thing - the scoring, it looks bad but maybe we shouldn't be expecting scores up to 100 every game like AFL, maybe we should accept its going to have different scores and mostly lower scores.

Maybe they need a smaller ball too.

AFL/VFL had pretty low scores in its early years as well.

I think a major issue is people comparing it to AFL, doing that you're just setting up the women to fail imo.

One thing - the scoring, it looks bad but maybe we shouldn't be expecting scores up to 100 every game like AFL, maybe we should accept its going to have different scores and mostly lower scores.

Maybe they need a smaller ball too.

AFL/VFL had pretty low scores in its early years as well.
It was 0-3 last night

They should scrap the stand rule in AFLW to improve scoring. Then everyone would go to matches instead of the men's game still with the shitty stand rule.
Reduce the size of the ground and reduce the size of the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the ford fans are still there

majority of holden fans are not supporting chevrolet as its a different name
Skaife silent until a Camaro hits the front

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters The TAN 84 - NO yank politics.Brand names with a dash of groupthink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back