HB: Guerra, Roughead, Brown
C: Ladson, Hodge, Bateman
HF: Clarke, Boyle, Vandenberg
F: Everitt, Williams, Dixon
FOLL: Campbell, Mitchell, Lewis
I/C: Birchall, Kane, Young, Miller

In: Grant Birchall, Ben Kane, Tim Boyle, Harry Miller
Out: Shane Crawford, Trent Croad, Danny Jacobs, Nick Ries

Our backline is in alot of trouble with out D.J and even Croad to pinch hit down at CHB if we need it.

Thats a great team. I'm stoked that Kane, Birchall and Boyle finally get a go - and hopefully Harry can show some of the promise that we all know is there. Boyle at starting CHF is something i'm particularly pleased about.

Also glad Buddy isn't in it. No need to rush things. Wait will his wrist injury recovers, give him a week at Box Hill and then play him. :thumbsu:

Disappointing to have injuries to our best players but it opens the door for some of our talented youngsters. Adds dimension of interest to the game at Carrara.

Gary Shadforth said:
Dissapointing to have injuries to our best players hut it opens the door for some of our talented youngsters. Adds dimension of interest to the game at Carrara.

Gary, thats a very positive outlook you have. I really think that your team will beat Brisbane despite not having some of ur best in. (But then again, who wont beat Brissie this year?? haha:D )

If we can win this game we are going to play finals this season. We are good enough too if we can pass this test.

Brisbane will be pumped up after this weeks dramas surrounding Aker and their poor form.

Good to see Kane get a go I think he could be a player, has a good kick and composure. Good to see Boyle get a crack and Birchall back and also Harry Miller get to make his mark.

Not sure how easy the Brisbane game is going to be. They may be rock bottom at the minute but when you're in that position the only way is up. Let's face it, they're a better squad than their position suggests. Remember their poor start last year?? Most of us would have thought that the Roo's were there for the taking last week and look what happened there...

1. The Lions will be galvanised after the nonsense that has been going on there recently. They have some quality players (Black, Voss, Charman, Brown, Bradshaw etc) who are game winners and who will be capable of stepping it up a gear when the fire has been put into their bellies. Also some exciting young guys like Sherman and Clark.

2. We are missing some important players, like Croad and Crawford. These are guys who will more often than not give you a solid performance and are vital in close games.

All in all I think the squads are pretty even at the minute. Hoping our midfield is on form (Hodge and Sammy had a freakish off-day last weekend) as that could be the key for us - its our biggest strength IMHO.

Will still be tipping the Hawks, but think it will be a scrappy, hard fought win by no more than a few points. Hope I'm wrong though.

www.glasgowredbacks.co.uk
www.glasgowsharks.co.uk
www.sarfl.org.uk

Bennycoff said:
If we can win this game we are going to play finals this season. We are good enough too if we can pass this test.

You're right Bennycoff - if we're going to make the finals these are the games we have to be winning (i.e. the "easy" wins). Last week was a surprise against the Kangas, but hopefully the heads will be back up this week.

The aim for this year has to be at least 10 wins/40 points I reckon. The guys have given themselves a good platform to do that now.

Roughie said:
The team

B: Smith, Dawson, Sewell
HB: Guerra, Roughead, Brown
C: Ladson, Hodge, Bateman
HF: Clarke, Boyle, Vandenberg
F: Everitt, Williams, Dixon
FOLL: Campbell, Mitchell, Lewis
I/C: Birchall, Kane, Young, Miller

In: Grant Birchall, Ben Kane, Tim Boyle, Harry Miller
Out: Shane Crawford, Trent Croad, Danny Jacobs, Nick Ries

Our backline is in alot of trouble with out D.J and even Croad to pinch hit down at CHB if we need it.

would have player Taylor instead of Miller and rotated Spider / Taylor at FF

Appears also very light on for experience, can see 11 players! with less than 50 games experience in dawson, sewell, roughie, ladson, boyle, campbell lewis, birch, kane, young, miller.

Wouldnt mind seeing someone like smith play on brown allowing roughead to provide a big target at ff with miller at his feet and williams leading, with boyle, dixon and kane providing targets across half forward,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wanted to say I enjoyed the lead up to the game talking to the Hawk supporters. No trolling, just wanting to have a civilised conversation. You're a credit to the club.

Cheers:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Team Vs Bris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back