Fantasy The Terrible Fantasy Manager / Bad Beats Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd have such roster diversity that in every NFL game you'd be cheering for and against every player.
You'd have to be non-partial to the actual sport/league itself, have no team, or don't really care, in it just for the money. I know a guy who gambles hard on the NBA, and is really good at winning "big" money all the time, but doesnt like the game, follow the league, or even watch it much, has no team, just found he had a knack for it so almost exclusively gambles on it, nothing else.

Yeah, some of the leagues are just redraft where they dont even have waivers, once you draft thats it, best ball and offense only
Don’t mind that

Any tales of woe heading in to tomorrow fellow managers? Outside of a few should picked player A over player B for a better score I have hopefully survived Terrible Fantasy Manager/Bad Beats this week.

Any tales of woe heading in to tomorrow fellow managers? Outside of a few should picked player A over player B for a better score I have hopefully survived Terrible Fantasy Manager/Bad Beats this week.
4 of my 5 teams are on fire this week.

Also ended up on the right side of the Calvin Ridley lottery. 31 points after 2 catches last week for 20 yards.

It's mostly my own fault (only took over the team this season but should've planned a touch better in any case) but I've had no starting TE this week. Only realised that once it was too late haha.
If that is in BF Bowl you are going to win anyway so didnt hurt too much.

It is - should still win but when the only two players left are Hurts and Kelce, it makes it all a bit more uneasy haha.

I've got pretty lucky in some fixtures this year.
Get out of this thread then!!

Go Away GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely forgot about the early Thanksgiving game, so forgot to sub out the injured Aaron Jones for Zay Flowers. Won't make a difference to winning or losing, as my team is awful this year, but that's annoying.

Edit - 5 catches for 25 yards and a touchdown, and a 37 yard jet sweep for a touchdown for Flowers. Yay.

Last edited:
Lost by 7 points ... Not usually a bad beat until you realise their RB acquired a total of 2.8 points, and no production frim their TE in Kittle. Should be an easy win... except 1.2 points each from Thielen and Shultz.
But the real kick in the guts was the -6 I picked up on Defense with Washington (who I subbed in last week due to a bye and The proceeded to get lit.up.bynthe Giants). If they'd managed to squeak out a single point I would have won this shitshow

Screenshot_20231127-122541.png

Break Down of my fantasy dynasty leagues

NFL
18 Sleeper leagues
1 Espn
1 Yahoo

MLB
2 ESPN

NBA
5 Sleeper
1 ESPN

NHL
1 ESPN

AFL
5 AFL

You would think with how much I play I would be alot better at this by now.
You must have shares in every player in the NFL. Makes it hard to be hoping a player does well because you are probably playing against them as well somewhere. How do you stay on top of waivers and stuff? I reckon spreading yourself too thin makes it harder to be 'good'.

You must have shares in every player in the NFL. Makes it hard to be hoping a player does well because you are probably playing against them as well somewhere. How do you stay on top of waivers and stuff? I reckon spreading yourself too thin makes it harder to be 'good'.

Pretty horrible lately on staying on waivers lately especially for teams that are struggling.
There are certain players i tend to avoid and tend to own alot of same players which can work out horrible and well at same time.
My draft crushes especially in 2021 of Lance and Pitts have set a few teams back but then my draft crushes of this year of stroud, tank and laporta seem to be balancing it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back