The time is ripe to introduce Hodge and/or Hussey to Test cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

eddiesmith said:
The selectors think otherwise, they would prefer a more consistent batsman and a player who makes runs in Australia, not a county dominator, average Aussie batsman

a) The selectors pretty much disagree with everything you say, so that doesn't carry much authority.

b) Am i not allowed an opinion?

c) Huss scored 86 in the past match. Did Hodge?

d) The selectors say otherwise for numerous reason; huss is mainly an opening bat, therefore a replacement for JL or Hayden, Huss is a left hander, i'm convinced they want a right hander at 4, especially with Katich at 5 and Gilly at 7.

Michael Hussey IN MY OPINION will be a much better test cricketer than Brad Hodge. That is not saying I dont rate Hodge, merely prefer Hussey.

sinepari said:
a) The selectors pretty much disagree with everything you say, so that doesn't carry much authority.

b) Am i not allowed an opinion?

c) Huss scored 86 in the past match. Did Hodge?

d) The selectors say otherwise for numerous reason; huss is mainly an opening bat, therefore a replacement for JL or Hayden, Huss is a left hander, i'm convinced they want a right hander at 4, especially with Katich at 5 and Gilly at 7.

Michael Hussey IN MY OPINION will be a much better test cricketer than Brad Hodge. That is not saying I dont rate Hodge, merely prefer Hussey.

Of course you prefer Hussey, every non Victorian and a few Victorians who hate the Vic cricket team prefer Hussey, but as you said they are not competing for the same spot in the selectors minds. Thats the thing I try to tell people all the time, but everyone puts them in direct comparison

Hodge is the next in line, it would take something spectacular for him to go from next in line for the last 12 months, to missing out when a spot opens up in the next couple of weeks.

On the left handed thing, Katich is the most likely player to go unless Watson goes

eddiesmith said:
The selectors think otherwise, they would prefer a more consistent batsman and a player who makes runs in Australia, not a county dominator, average Aussie batsman

So they won't want Hodge then?

eddiesmith said:
Of course you prefer Hussey, every non Victorian and a few Victorians who hate the Vic cricket team prefer Hussey, but as you said they are not competing for the same spot in the selectors minds. Thats the thing I try to tell people all the time, but everyone puts them in direct comparison

Hodge is the next in line, it would take something spectacular for him to go from next in line for the last 12 months, to missing out when a spot opens up in the next couple of weeks.

On the left handed thing, Katich is the most likely player to go unless Watson goes

No matter who goes, I still think they prefer a RH at 4.

My opinion on Hussey and Hodge has nothing to do with me being a west australian. I prefer many eastern states batsman to w.a players. Ie Ferguson, Watson,Jaques,D.Hussey etc etc

I never disputed that Hodge was next in line. However if he doesn't get his chance this summer, I think it could spell the end for him in international cricket.

HOODDDGEYYYY!!!! And Hussey should both be in the team. Should stay this way. Never bring back Katich as he is useless. Pathetic. He will whinge to the press about being dropped.

Good luck to Hussey on the weekend hope he make good runs. HOOOODDGEYY will make runs - best talent in Autralia

We've played 3 Tests since losing the Ashes.

IN: Hodge, Hussey, Symonds
OUT: Martyn, Clarke, Katich

The middle order has been completely gutted, but it doesn't feel like any rushed changes have been made. It's amazing really. The side still feels like it has plenty of experience and is pretty settled, but 3 spots in the top 7 have changed hands in the space of 3 Tests.

The selectors have got it right once more, although only time will tell whether Symonds can make a fist of Test cricket second time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith said:
Consistent?

Hussey 3 centuries in 5 tests.

Only 1 score under 20.

Sounds pretty consistent to me.

So many awesome eddie quotes in here. I just don't have time to quote them all.

just maybe said:
Because I will guarantee you this: the top 7 batsmen in Australia does not include Hodge and it DEFINITELY does not include Hussey. So by your logic, NEITHER should be in the side. Simple as that.
What do you reckon?

Is Hussey among the best 7 Test batsmen in Australia at the moment?

I think he might just sneak in.

Remove this Banner Ad

The time is ripe to introduce Hodge and/or Hussey to Test cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back