The Training the House Down 2017 edition thread (2017 pre-season)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's definitely someone tall. It isn't Frawley. He's to the left of Roughy. Think it's Mitchell Lewis behind Roughy so Fitzy is a good guess.

Perhaps Schoey? We all know Clarke wants him prepared to be playing behind the ball on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't he fly up with the rest of them?
post-31776-Liar-Liar-laughing-gif-Jim-Car-4PHD.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is the right thread. Mods can move it if not. I am just back from sunny Maroochydore where the boys went through a solid 2.5 hour training session. Started with stretching drills, warm up laps, group ball handling drills and some match practice. The temperature was pushing 30 deg and most looked buggered by the finish but they still spent 15 minutes signing autographs.
The crowd was huge. All the car parks ( and there are plenty ) were full. There could have been up to a thousand fans most dressed in some form of brown and gold. As for the players all seemed to be there and take part in some or all of the action. It is a bit hard to signal any one out as they all had gold singlets and caps which hid their hair and faces. I did notice Gibbo came off after match practice with a big lump on his lower leg which he then iced for the remainder of time. Roughy did some of the drills and spent a lot of time leading from the goal square to mark balls kicked to him but didn't seem to do any of the running laps. I spotted O'Meara late walking near the boundary line. His leg had some strapping and he seemed to be favouring it a bit.
This ground is magnificent. There are actually 3 playing grounds. Plenty of car parks and stands. The surface is perfect. The AFL could do worse than put a preseason game up here on this ground as they seldom allocate an actual fixture game in Brisbane. I'm sure there would be other BifFooty people at the ground today so I'll be interested in their input.

Not sure if this is the right thread. Mods can move it if not. I am just back from sunny Maroochydore where the boys went through a solid 2.5 hour training session. Started with stretching drills, warm up laps, group ball handling drills and some match practice. The temperature was pushing 30 deg and most looked buggered by the finish but they still spent 15 minutes signing autographs.
The crowd was huge. All the car parks ( and there are plenty ) were full. There could have been up to a thousand fans most dressed in some form of brown and gold. As for the players all seemed to be there and take part in some or all of the action. It is a bit hard to signal any one out as they all had gold singlets and caps which hid their hair and faces. I did notice Gibbo came off after match practice with a big lump on his lower leg which he then iced for the remainder of time. Roughy did some of the drills and spent a lot of time leading from the goal square to mark balls kicked to him but didn't seem to do any of the running laps. I spotted O'Meara late walking near the boundary line. His leg had some strapping and he seemed to be favouring it a bit.
This ground is magnificent. There are actually 3 playing grounds. Plenty of car parks and stands. The surface is perfect. The AFL could do worse than put a preseason game up here on this ground as they seldom allocate an actual fixture game in Brisbane. I'm sure there would be other BifFooty people at the ground today so I'll be interested in their input.

Thanks for posting. Not good that JOM is favouring one leg though :(

JOM favouring his leg? Was it his knee with strapping? I'm about to melt

Dan Howe on the team website videos as having 'trained the house down' !!!

Anyone else think he looks a little weird?
I recall hearing similar reports last year and he didn't really step up his game this season.

Do we have photos of his kicking action though?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

These kind of posts are absolute gold. Cheers mate

Had a chance to watch the camp on the Sunny Coast as my young fella was water boy for the week. Have to agree, the grounds are impressive but disagree about your assessment of JOM. Today he was in the blue singlet which is awarded to best trainer from the day before. He and T Mitchell on similar program of light running, skills and boxing. Both looking in great nick. JOM competed in semi competitive drills today and looked composed and confident. No sign of favouring the knee.

Mitchell spent some time kicking ball to Rough who was leading out of the square. Geez the big fella has trained well, couldn't help but reflect on what might have been. Have him a lock for round one.

My young bloke told me Vickery was trying hard but I could see he was struggling with instructions and Clarko was pulling him aside for further clarification at times. Hope he proves me wrong but there is a real class difference between him and Rough when watching them doing similar drills.

The new draftees and being nursed along. Mitch Lewis a great size but don't expect any of them to be playing next year as all lightly framed, all look highly skilled though.

The Irish lads are coming along. Both Conors good athletes with the "Nash" version out running Smith at times. Good size too.

Apart from the usual senior stars thought the following looked like making an impression next year:

Stewart...... a real goer
Lovell.........great size and much fitter than last year, could surprise.
Pitttonet.....had the blue singlet earlier in the week. Starting to fill out.
Howe......shows real leadership. Fit and firing.
Burton......... geez this bloke is all class. Can see why he got the #5. Still has size to put on but look out 2018

Track Leaders... Shiels, Smith, Whitecross

Ceglar moving well with no bandage, just straight line stuff,

Interesting about Poppy who was quizzed by the young fella about his modified program. Confessed to carrying a leg niggle throughout last season but played through it. Said he'd be right to go.

Hope this sheds a bit of light about the week that was, happy to answer questions (don't make them too hard?)

Get excited about JOM, Mitchell, Burton, Lovell ...the new era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

The Training the House Down 2017 edition thread (2017 pre-season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back