Opinion The Trump Presidency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mate the economy is booming in America, Trump has done more for black Americans than abolishing slavery ever did, Hilary Clinton is ugly, Trump is entirely responsible for North Korea talking to South Korea and negotiating things, Trump is a very stable genius and Shillary is in bed with the Russians, Trump's tariffs have helped the workers of Harley Davidson because now they can move to India AND keep their jobs, the Democrats are putting chemicals in the water and turning the frogs gay, there are only two genders, Hilary Clinton hid emails on her private server WHICH IS A CRIME that no other politician ever committed before, Trump won in Wisconsin which Ronald Raegan didn't do, Trump won in Minnesota which was the only state Raegan didn't win, Jordan Peterson is the most important intellectual of the century, Charles Murray should be a respected scientist but everyone is just too afraid of the TRUTH, Islam is the biggest threat to humanity and far worse than climate change, Elon Musk is the greatest human in history and loves me because he is my Daddy, Hilary Clinton LOST the election, if children didn't want to be locked in cages they shouldn't have been born poor, Mexicans are stealing hard working Americans jobs, Germany are a disaster of a country and crime rates are through the roof after allowing refugees in, oh and just in case you didn't realise the person you worship most in the world HILARY CLINTON took donations from corporations.

I think I've summed up just about everything, find the statement that isn't undisputedly bullshit and win a prize :D

You forgot poor Milo!

Statement of observable fact: ad hominem ATTACK

#edgylogic

Consider this your official warning. If you are unable to argue on merit and instead resort to bullying tactics and ad hominem attacks, you will earn infraction points.

Where are your facts? Just smarmy replies the last few pages?

People glean information from sources, filter and assess it, and argue with other people based upon that information.

The problem here is: I consider your sources of information fake news. You consider my sources of information fake news.

In your wildest fantasy, given the above, how would you see our respectful and constructive conversation going?

People glean information from sources, filter and assess it, and argue with other people based upon that information.

The problem here is: I consider your sources of information fake news. You consider my sources of information fake news.

In your wildest fantasy, given the above, how would you see our respectful and constructive conversation going?
If Forza didn’t constantly gish gallop things would be easier. If we can talk about one specific thing it’ll be easier to bring facts into the argument.

Arguing with old mate is a different story though. That will never be productive

If Forza didn’t constantly gish gallop things would be easier. If we can talk about one specific thing it’ll be easier to bring facts into the argument.

Which is entirely the point of gish galloping.

Arguing with old mate is a different story though. That will never be productive

They all kind of run together for me, I guess I was addressing the hive mind at large.

For all the pomp about respectful cogent argument it's not what they actually want, of course. What they want is a safe space. Ironic.

Last edited:

Do we? You make the mistake that the opinion we or I have is formed simply by the lens of the news you assume I get it from. These days I just bypass it all and watch an entire press conference or read an entire transcript if I want to know something so I can make my own opinion, I just go around the media. I think you'll find a lot do that and link to something usually an opinion piece along the same lines. I think the majority of the issue is people reading opinion pieces as news pieces because there's hardly any actual news reports these days.

I think your main problem is you don't want to hear anything factual that might break the caricature of what President Trump is, the narrative he's a Russian spy or a rascist, gonna cause a global financial meltdown, gonna cause millions to die on healthcare etc etc. The longer he's president the stupider these pronouncement looks when he continues to not live up to the level of evil he's touted to be.

In another example, I was reading an article a friend linked on fb the other day about how he's doing test runs of fascist policies and slowly testing them all so that when he's ready he'll unleash his fascist supremacy across the USA. That's ludicrous and yet seemingly normal people have gone completely deranged, if anything if you want to see fascism in the USA wait until the Democrats get power again, the purge through the institutions will be like nothing seen before.

Do we? You make the mistake that the opinion we or I have is formed simply by the lens of the news you assume I get it from. These days I just bypass it all and watch an entire press conference or read an entire transcript if I want to know something so I can make my own opinion, I just go around the media.

Of course you do. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, the schism remains the same: you watch a press conference of someone you think tells only the truth, I watch a press conference of someone I think tells only lies.

I think you'll find a lot do that and link to something usually an opinion piece along the same lines. I think the majority of the issue is people reading opinion pieces as news pieces because there's hardly any actual news reports these days.

Of course there isn't. Trump said so.

I think your main problem is you don't want to hear anything factual that might break the caricature of what President Trump is, the narrative he's a Russian spy or a rascist, gonna cause a global financial meltdown, gonna cause millions to die on healthcare etc etc. The longer he's president the stupider these pronouncement looks when he continues to not live up to the level of evil he's touted to be.

I've never said he's going to cause a global financial meltdown, or millions to "die on healthcare", FWIW. He doesn't have the power to do either.

In another example, I was reading an article a friend linked on fb the other day about how he's doing test runs of fascist policies and slowly testing them all so that when he's ready he'll unleash his fascist supremacy across the USA. That's ludicrous and yet seemingly normal people have gone completely deranged, if anything if you want to see fascism in the USA wait until the Democrats get power again, the purge through the institutions will be like nothing seen before.

You just accused other people of appearing to be completely deranged (I don't disagree with the example, sounds like left wing derangement par excellence), then went on to say something completely deranged in the same sentence. You're really telling me you aren't an Alex Jones acolyte?

Mate the economy is booming in America, Trump has done more for black Americans than abolishing slavery ever did, Hilary Clinton is ugly, Trump is entirely responsible for North Korea talking to South Korea and negotiating things, Trump is a very stable genius and Shillary is in bed with the Russians, Trump's tariffs have helped the workers of Harley Davidson because now they can move to India AND keep their jobs, the Democrats are putting chemicals in the water and turning the frogs gay, there are only two genders, Hilary Clinton hid emails on her private server WHICH IS A CRIME that no other politician ever committed before, Trump won in Wisconsin which Ronald Raegan didn't do, Trump won in Minnesota which was the only state Raegan didn't win, Jordan Peterson is the most important intellectual of the century, Charles Murray should be a respected scientist but everyone is just too afraid of the TRUTH, Islam is the biggest threat to humanity and far worse than climate change, Elon Musk is the greatest human in history and loves me because he is my Daddy, Hilary Clinton LOST the election, if children didn't want to be locked in cages they shouldn't have been born poor, Mexicans are stealing hard working Americans jobs, Germany are a disaster of a country and crime rates are through the roof after allowing refugees in, oh and just in case you didn't realise the person you worship most in the world HILARY CLINTON took donations from corporations.

I think I've summed up just about everything, find the statement that isn't undisputedly bullshit and win a prize :D
Is no one going to even try? Come on people it isn't that hard!

I did accidentally include a couple of statements that disproved themselves but those don't count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Democrats purging isn't unhinged, they did it during Obama and have gone more extreme in the turnover of people since. There's already mass blacklisting of people who politically disagree in a lot of America's institutions and I can't see anyway that doesn't get a lot worse with the rhetoric and actual actions from their own elected officials at the moment. It's a comment based in reality on their own actions and commentary through various protests and riots. Look at the reaction to the loss and the chaos and rioting etc that occured, that anger is still there and they are feeding it so it doesn't take a huge string to think that it's going to be a free for all if the same people get some power back, no one moderate seems to be speaking up yet.

He is absolutely pushing through fascist policies.

Muslim ban - fascist
Throwing children in prison - fascist
Laws brought in to target Antifa - VERY FASCIST
Appointing extremely right leaning Supreme Court justices - FASCIST

The Democrats purging isn't unhinged, they did it during Obama and have gone more extreme in the turnover of people since. There's already mass blacklisting of people who politically disagree in a lot of America's institutions and I can't see anyway that doesn't get a lot worse with the rhetoric and actual actions from their own elected officials at the moment. It's a comment based in reality on their own actions and commentary through various protests and riots. Look at the reaction to the loss and the chaos and rioting etc that occured, that anger is still there and they are feeding it so it doesn't take a huge string to think that it's going to be a free for all if the same people get some power back, no one moderate seems to be speaking up yet.

AlexJones01-500x275.jpg

Muslim ban - fascist

But at least there's no MASS BLACKLISTING OF DISSIDENTS.

Muslim ban - fascist
Why aren't all muslims banned then? oh only the countries with poor vetting ..bzzrt wrong
Throwing children in jail?
Mate if you steal a car with your kid in tow ... I am sure that the police will separate and try and not lock the kids up..

Now if they come in the proper border gates they stay together whichever way the process goes..
Bzzrt wrong again..

Jesus all parties put in the same leaning judges don't they?
Facist judge ? Prove it..
Bzzrt wrong yet again

Mate stop believing CNN!

Why aren't all muslims banned then? oh only the countries with poor vetting ..bzzrt wrong
Throwing children in jail?
Mate if you steal a car with your kid in tow ... I am sure that the police will separate and try and not lock the kids up..

Now if they come in the proper border gates they stay together whichever way the process goes..
Bzzrt wrong again..

Jesus all parties put in the same leaning judges don't they?
Facist judge ? Prove it..
Bzzrt wrong yet again

Mate stop believing CNN!
I don’t understand what point you are trying to make here. Please summarise in one paragraph.

Pick a single topic you have a gripe with and use facts.

No one even tried.

You missed out on a free beer raman

Edit: Forzaport if you dispute that one of these statments other than the bolded is bullshit I’ll be happy to provide the evidence for you. Only one at a time though, i need to get stuff done today haha

Edit: Forzaport if you dispute that one of these statments other than the bolded is bullshit I’ll be happy to provide the evidence for you. Only one at a time though, i need to get stuff done today haha

Careful there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back