FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening: Season 7, 8, 9, 10 + NEW: The Ones Who Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved the episode for the fact they didn't ram Negan down our throats.

The less of the over the top crap the better.

Was a breath of fresh air wasn't it, makes you realise what a detrimental effect he's having on the show.

By removing negan from our view for a few epis is good for everyone. THere'll come a point when we think wonder whats happening with negan? Then he appears and our queries are answered.

Thinking about source material, how shows and movies are made from books. Now i dont read books/comics so will bow to more informed posters every day of the week (except Sundays). I remember the discussion about Negan and how he seems to bounce around a scene, slight bend of the knees and leans back when he talks. Ive seen on other forums people summising that he's like that in the comic. I was of the belief that reading helps with your imagination (at least thats when english teacher said at school). But like anything, one person sees it in her mind differently than that of her boyfriend. So comic book readers, is Negan like that in the comics?

Couldn't have been more obvious…. he's smiling because he sees normal people ( normal in this f***ed up world at any rate ) who he can bring into the fold.

They're obviously not Saviours. It's probably fairly obvious to the new group that Rick and co. aren't Saviours either.

Common enemy. Let's strike a deal.

(I typed obvious a lot then.)

I reckon he thinks he has found soldiers to take on Negan :)

I guess - dunno if you'd have that big a smile on your face just coz you've found some folk who might be recruitable though. Based on previous experience they're just as likely to kill you/take your stuff. I still reckon he saw someone he recognises, although yeah like I said not sure who that could be.

Edit: I got it! Heath is with the new group. For those who have no idea who I'm talking about (completely understandable lol) its this guy:

Heath-Walking-Dead.png

Got separated from Tara before she found the all women community.

I got the impression this new group is the all-women/lesbian group we saw earlier in the season? Struggled to identify a male among them.

That was my first impression too so I watched carefully and there were definitely men there.

I still think the womens group will come back into it at some stage though purely for that shed they have full of guns.

By removing negan from our view for a few epis is good for everyone. THere'll come a point when we think wonder whats happening with negan? Then he appears and our queries are answered.

Thinking about source material, how shows and movies are made from books. Now i dont read books/comics so will bow to more informed posters every day of the week (except Sundays). I remember the discussion about Negan and how he seems to bounce around a scene, slight bend of the knees and leans back when he talks. Ive seen on other forums people summising that he's like that in the comic. I was of the belief that reading helps with your imagination (at least thats when english teacher said at school). But like anything, one person sees it in her mind differently than that of her boyfriend. So comic book readers, is Negan like that in the comics?

Big reader of both books and comics but can't help you out here I'm afraid, never read the Walking Dead graphic novels.

What I do know (IMO) is that his character in the series is one of the most poorly acted and bloody annoying ever to infest a show, and the sooner he gets the chop the happier I'll be.

anyone else think of lord of the rings the return of the king, aragorn getting the ghost warriors to make up the numbers?

how does a huge unknown group just turn up?

seems pretty stupid with everything just falling into place

explosives + herd + extra numbers = easy victory

both cars start up, and the wire coat hanger just slices through the herd as if its a laser, cant believe how stupid that was

It's not like they've got some great source material that has been handed to them on a platter for years, yet they continually **** up the storyline and pacing. Just because it's a show that features no brain zombies, doesn't mean you need to become a no brain zombie to appreciate it in the state that it has degenerated into.

This show has been living on wasted potential for years. I wish I could accept mediocrity. Maybe then I'd go to more Collingwood games.

Fair enough. I have never read the comics so I'm unsure of the source material. Happy to defer to you there as you're aware of happenings that I am not.

I was probably being a bit of a smart-arse when I referred to you as Martin Scorcese. You obviously have a good understanding of the show so apologies if I came across that way. I've worked in the film and television industry for over 30 years and while some aspects of the show can let it down occasionally, for the most part I believe the technical side to be of a very high standard. Inconsistent at times yes, but the directing and writing is often excellent as are the special effects. (Most of the time.) They have been constrained by budgeting at various times over the years but I've always thought their production values to be fairly consistent as well.

Anyway, I'll keep watching. Got nothing better to do on a Monday night. :)

anyone else think of lord of the rings the return of the king, aragorn getting the ghost warriors to make up the numbers?

both cars start up, and the wire coat hanger just slices through the herd as if its a laser, cant believe how stupid that was

I loved that wire cutting zombie scene. Just simple, gory and kill!!

The new group seemed to be wearing the same get up, dark grey/black. maybe uniform?

I was sitting on the toilet earlier today and thought, you know we're suddenly immersed in and with different communities. Whereas early seasons they were a self contained group wandering around with nary a person to hang out with. oh well.

I really like Negan. I get why people don't, and the show certainly has its issues at times, but I'm enjoying Rick being taken down a peg for a while.

Yeah it was nice to see Rick getting knocked to the canvas, cause u know he's gonna rise up again.

A bit like the LA Lakers, you know we're coming.

Pfft. Real fans live for inventive zombie-killing.

And yes, you think it has fallen into place. Hopefully they've got some snags, mistakes and plain bad luck in store to keep us guessing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 336678

notice how rick is well dressed? Shirt tucked in. Im imagining if you're sweating like that, you'd wanna be comfortable, perhaps a tee shirt or at worst a polo to keep cool under pressure
Mmmhmm... wardrobe department has a lot to answer for. Almost as bad as the music and the sound and the lighting and the writers and the directors of this god-awful show!

(Am I doing the painful, pompous, hyper-critical, self-described TV expert thing right?)

Pfft. Real fans live for inventive zombie-killing.

And yes, you think it has fallen into place. Hopefully they've got some snags, mistakes and plain bad luck in store to keep us guessing.

I'm all for inventive ways for killing zombies but let it be realistic.

Would be much more impressed if it cut through the first lot then they started getting stuck and the cars slowed down and also got stuck/stopped.

Cutting them all down the middle like a hot knife through butter is just plain lazy.

I'm all for inventive ways for killing zombies but let it be realistic.
They are the dead risen from the grave. How realistic do you want it to be?

I reckon Rick was smiling at Gabriel, he (and maybe Rick) must have concocted a plan to get another group to fight the Saviours, that is why he took the supplies as a tribute to the new group, that why Rick had the smile.

Cruyff14 loves signatures how bizarre, how bizarre

I reckon Rick was smiling at Gabriel, he (and maybe Rick) must have concocted a plan to get another group to fight the Saviours, that is why he took the supplies as a tribute to the new group, that why Rick had the smile.
Oooooooooo!!!!

Remember that the Saviours drove those cars there and set up the explosives. Every chance the cars would still start.

Why is it stupid both cars starting up?

And you do realise in a heavily decaying state a taut wire going at 30-40km an hour would slice through rotting flesh easily.
It is a little stupid considering petrol goes off, batteries go flat and tyres go down.

Cruyff14 loves signatures how bizarre, how bizarre

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening: Season 7, 8, 9, 10 + NEW: The Ones Who Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Back