Nov 17, 2000
Perth, Western Australia.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
We will lose Wooden, R.Jones, Judd, Morton, Chick
We will elevate C.Jones and J.McNamara from Rookie list
That leaves 3 draft picks.
Unless we delist more, and only Ben Sharp comes to mind as a possibility, or Sampi if he doesn't get up.

3 draft picks. I don't see how we can get Kennedy without delisting someone.
Say we do, we have pick 13 already.
Do we trade Judd and Morton for pick 3 and 20? That would be criminal.
Has to be 3 and something much lower than 20 to make sense

And what about our salary cap?

WCE budgeted for Judd. We will be down

Judd 1000K
Chick 300K
R.Jones 200K
M.Morton 150K
J.Wooden 200K

Thats close on $2M, how does WCE get to the 92.5%

Ben Sharp was given his marching orders a few weeks before the season even ended.

And Ben Sharp is irrelevant as he was never on the senior list.

But I agree, there are list management issues at stake, a point I raised in an earlier thread with a proposed trade that didn't really get much reaction (maybe because it made some sense - I don't know).

I really don't think the Eagles will need Kennedy. He is merely the next Andrew Mcdougall. I can't believe Carlton would let an unproven ruckman who may turn out to be Dean Cox, or may turn out to be Josh Fraser get in the way of getting Chris Judd. Picks 1 and 3 would do it and Carlton really don't lose out after all (cue all the Carlton people with the supremely intelligent "Pick 1 won't be traded - get that through your thick head" responses)

Ben Cousins & Michael Braun will be vetrans listed I believe which free up list spots but doesn't help with minimum salary cap payments issue.

Ben Cousins & Michael Braun will be vetrans listed I believe which free up list spots but doesn't help with minimum salary cap payments issue.

It doesn't free up list spots, it just allows people on the rookie list to play senior games without having to wait for a long term injury to open a spot. North melbourne had that with Justin Perkins a few years ago when Archer was on the veterens list. It doesn't improve our drafting situation in being able to pick more than three players.

And Ben Sharp is irrelevant as he was never on the senior list.

But I agree, there are list management issues at stake, a point I raised in an earlier thread with a proposed trade that didn't really get much reaction (maybe because it made some sense - I don't know).

I really don't think the Eagles will need Kennedy. He is merely the next Andrew Mcdougall. I can't believe Carlton would let an unproven ruckman who may turn out to be Dean Cox, or may turn out to be Josh Fraser get in the way of getting Chris Judd. Picks 1 and 3 would do it and Carlton really don't lose out after all (cue all the Carlton people with the supremely intelligent "Pick 1 won't be traded - get that through your thick head" responses)

totally agree , its actually quite simple. isnt it funny how when one of teams think they have the wood over west coast they get greedy and start offering crap

happened with collingwood, demons, blues, essondon

their willing to take the best player in the comp, which they can get got a fair price but want to offer crap like

colllingwood - reid, davis and co
demons - cant even remember but it was pathetic
blues - kennedy
essondon - some other crumb bum

boys schools out, its time for the big boys to come and play and guess what they wont be listening to the likes of some imbocile named lizzy b on big footy

Under AFL player rules, each club may nominate or list what is called a Veteran Player.
  • In order to be eligible for classification as a Veteran a player must have been the age of 30 as at September 30 in the relevant AFL season and be on the primary list of the AFL club for at least 10 years or in the case of Port Adelaide since the inception of the club.
  • From 2006 there is now no limit on the number of veteran players a club can list, as long as the player meets the required classification.
So neither will be on the Vet list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure on the rules. 30 . Brauny 23 March and Cuz mid June. I would have thought you'd have to turn 30 before NAB cup starts.

They need to turn 30 by September 30th so both qualify.

Don't we need to submit a list of 35 excluding veterans and rookies? In which case it'd be:
The current list of 38
Minus Cousins, Braun, Judd, Morton, R.Jones, Chick, Wooden
Plus C.Jones, MacNamara, Kennedy

Giving us four draft picks, probably 3, 13, 19(Morton) and 20.

Not bad, four picks in the top 20. I'd take that.

Not sure on the rules. 30 . Brauny 23 March and Cuz mid June. I would have thought you'd have to turn 30 before NAB cup starts.

They have to have 10 years experience and turn 30 during the season they are listed (thats my understanding).

As such Cousins and Braun should both be ok.

Under AFL player rules, each club may nominate or list what is called a Veteran Player.
  • In order to be eligible for classification as a Veteran a player must have been the age of 30 as at September 30 in the relevant AFL season and be on the primary list of the AFL club for at least 10 years or in the case of Port Adelaide since the inception of the club.
  • From 2006 there is now no limit on the number of veteran players a club can list, as long as the player meets the required classification.
i think that means they can.

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

totally agree , its actually quite simple. isnt it funny how when one of teams think they have the wood over west coast they get greedy and start offering crap

happened with collingwood, demons, blues, essondon

their willing to take the best player in the comp, which they can get got a fair price but want to offer crap like

colllingwood - reid, davis and co
demons - cant even remember but it was pathetic
blues - kennedy
essondon - some other crumb bum

boys schools out, its time for the big boys to come and play and guess what they wont be listening to the likes of some imbocile named lizzy b on big footy

Or newbies called Big Ives.

so source for chicks delisting? cuz i doubt it

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22468855-5013855,00.html

Eagles chief executive Trevor Nisbett said the club was employing a youth policy and would pin its faith on youngsters Mitch Brown, Jamie McNamara, Tim Houlihan and Will Schofield.
Nisbett said the Eagles will attempt to negotiate a trade deal for Chick.
"Daniel hasn't been offered a contract with us, but we will now try to accommodate his request for a trade to another AFL club. He wants to continue his career and we respect that," Nisbett said.
"The way Daniel finished his season he could well be appealing to another club."

Remove this Banner Ad

The WCE problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back