Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies if this has been discussed already - I'm sure it probably has - but does it annoy West Coast fans that they have navy and royal blue on their jumpers? Why can't they choose a shade of blue and stick with it?

Eh. The navy looks great under lights at home, and the royal is a great tie to our roots.

I know the dream for a lot of Eagles fans is the royal and gold, but I have no problem with the navy.

Apologies if this has been discussed already - I'm sure it probably has - but does it annoy West Coast fans that they have navy and royal blue on their jumpers? Why can't they choose a shade of blue and stick with it?
I don't mind. West Coast's colours are blue and gold so I don't care if they play around with different shades, providing everything is still blue and gold.

I'd actually get bored if the club kept churning out the same jumpers year after year. I'd love for them to keep tinkering with the blue and gold shades, wings shape and eagle head every few years.

I don't mind. West Coast's colours are blue and gold so I don't care if they play around with different shades, providing everything is still blue and gold.

I'd actually get bored if the club kept churning out the same jumpers year after year. I'd love for them to keep tinkering with the blue and gold shades, wings shape and eagle head every few years.

On that note, I'd love to see maybe some minor patterns start being used. I reckon dual shaded wings like what Carlton have with their new clash with the grey and white curved lones would be a way to keep the look fresh. Just a theoretical example but I think there's a lot that can be done with the wings, even if they're already perfect.

I personally want royal and gold but navy will never be dropped. It seems popular by the general public as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks nice but surely it time for a new design. This is pretty lazy.
On the one hand , I'm ok with them keeping the same design, because the eagle is so awesome (maybe the *different colours , same design* idea is from the #returnthewings movement.... ). It makes sense from a branding perspective too

Then again , it would've been cool if they had made the eagle smaller and added some decorative wings

Bet ya that we will have a royal and ochre version of this, before they do a new design.
Wanted to like this post , but please not ochre
That pic looked royal in comparison to the navy home Guernsey (but admittedly it was hard to be absolutely sure that it wasn't navy from the lighting )
So I dare say we'll get a navy version eventually :p

I really like the continuity in the indigenous design, with the club tweaking the base colour.

Is It ok, if I use this to pester the eagles Twitter girl?

I don't really see a reason to pester the club about it. They will make an announcement when it is time.

Thought it was great to just catch a glimpse of the possible new design, but that's just my opinion.

I really like the continuity in the indigenous design, with the club tweaking the base colour.

I don't really see a reason to pester the club about it. They will make an announcement when it is time.

Thought it was great to just catch a glimpse of the possible new design, but that's just my opinion.
By pester I just mean ask but they answer alot of my questions like I'm pestering them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back