The Wine thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tend to go for a lot of McLaren Vale Shiraz

Maglieri
Fox Creek
Shottesbroke
Serafino
Chapel Hill

Being amongst the favourites - Exceptional quality at reasonable prices. Reckon McLaren Vale is easily the most underated wine district in Australia.

Also drinking a bit of Clare Valley Reisling at the moment with Pauletts, Kilikanoon and Skillogalee being some of the best.

Yeah Im starting to more and more get into the Mclaren Vale Shiraz. Wirra Wirra, Scarpontoni and PirraMirra do some pretty good Shiraz as well. I like Tapestry The Vincent Shiraz as well. Good drop.

Skillogalee Riesling is great stuff. Both the normal and the Trevarrick.

Shiraz is my favourite type, but I also enjoy a Pinot-Noir for a lighter alternative. In terms of brand, the Jacob's Creek or the Brown Brothers Shiraz really sits well with me, but there are a lot of quality drops around too, and many of them under $15-20. I buy bottles in pairs - go with one you know and try a new one - seems to work great.

2003-colcetto-syrah.jpg

Dolcetto & Syrah. Best wine I've had in a very long time.

Wine is one of my least favourite types of alcohol but I'd still drink it if I had to. Plus it's genreally cheap.
White wine does it for me over red wine. As for what brand, I'm not sure what it's called from the top of my head (may come to me later but I haven't drank wine in a while) but it comes in different flavours. That generally adds to the taste compared to your normal types.

Wine is one of my least favourite types of alcohol but I'd still drink it if I had to. Plus it's genreally cheap.
White wine does it for me over red wine. As for what brand, I'm not sure what it's called from the top of my head (may come to me later but I haven't drank wine in a while) but it comes in different flavours. That generally adds to the taste compared to your normal types.

The worst thing a person who does not have a taste for wine can do is buy cheap stuff because it tastes crap & just makes you dislike it more.

With a white you can get a good bottle for about $20-30 & you will see the difference in quality straight away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1998 Penfolds Bin 389. Drinking beautifully, fruit is lush, but not over the top. This is absolutely drinking at peak.. Only 7 bottles left :(

also, if you like Grange, I would recommend some Old Adams, its alot cheaper than Grange the quality is about the same

The worst thing a person who does not have a taste for wine can do is buy cheap stuff because it tastes crap & just makes you dislike it more.

With a white you can get a good bottle for about $20-30 & you will see the difference in quality straight away.
I'll take that on board then. I reckon you're correct.

I'm currently hooked to Chianti Wines because they have this really delicious taste. Everybody should have tried at least some wines in his life and I'm not talking about the ones you can get in a box. :)
Try the Borgo San Leo Chianti :thumbsu:

1998 Penfolds Bin 389. Drinking beautifully, fruit is lush, but not over the top. This is absolutely drinking at peak.. Only 7 bottles left :(

also, if you like Grange, I would recommend some Old Adams, its alot cheaper than Grange the quality is about the same
Hmmm how would you rate the Hentshke compared to the Old Adams?

Got its cult status after Halliday gave the '04 a 97 last issue. Haven't had a bottle of the '04, but have had the '02 which was a powerful, full-bodied wine. Right up my alley. Going for >$50 at auctions since then, tough to get elsewhere too. Try the Selkirk for a cheaper and more accessible drink. Retails <$20, a well balanced wine, good length and quite fruit driven. Rebecca has been putting these together quite well.

Have a 2000 Stonewell I'm looking forward to on the weekend, finally getting around to opening the box.

Been very interested in the Spinifex range of late, and finding the different grape vareieties they use fascinating.

Yeh I agree with the people who said goon. Wine all tastes like shit, so just get the cheapest nastiest crap that you can buy in bulk. Carry the box for a while, stick the bag down your pants when you go out to town, and use the bag as a pillow later on at whosever house you stay at. Worked for me when I was younger anyway. :thumbsu:

Celebrate Aussie ingenuity. Get behind the cask wine.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Wine thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back