Media The Wizard and the Hawk (A Short Story)

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!’ screamed thewizardmelon.

‘Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgghh!’ cried DemurePrincess.

The East Side Hawk snarl-beast snapped at their heels. Its beak rolled back, then spat stinging anti-Phoenix venom through the air. thewizardmelon and DemurePrincess ducked as the anti-Phoenix venom splattered against a rock. The rock hissed, then melted like ice. The East Side Hawk snarl beast stomped towards them, its thick muscles rippling under yellow and green feathers thewizardmelon gulped.

‘You know what DemurePrincess, I now believe the Eyrie is not the Land of Qooty glory after all.’

DemurePrincess the Phoenix rookie shrieked in dismay, ‘You’ve only just realised that, FFS your my Captain?’

thewizardmelon shrugged. ‘Well, I thought it was strange, all these new players trying to eat us. You know, I think we’ve taken the wrong door. I think this is the Land of Backstabbers. DemurePrincess, DemurePrincess?’

But DemurePrincess was not hanging around. As the East Side Hawk snarl-beast roared, she scarpered towards a field of Spotswood sting-grass and the door to the Ophidian Old Boys HQ.

thewizardmelon stared at the East Side Hawk snarl-beast’s gnashing teeth, then hurried after his rookie.

OIG1.8FN2TPPg.jpg

The Spotswood sting-grass nipped at their legs, but there was no slowing up. The three-headed East Side Hawk snarl-beast had chased them all through the Land of Las Vegas Bears; across the Swamp of Swamprats, into the Ravenous Roys Jungle, to the field of Spotswood-grass. It had already bitten a chunk out of thewizardmelon’s magic cloak and seemed utterly intent on eating him for dinner and absorbing the former Phoenix Captains powers.

‘There it is!’ cried thewizardmelon.

Up ahead stood the door to the Ophidian Old Boys HQ. They scampered towards it, but the East Side Hawk snarl-beast closed with every stride. Its hugs claws pounded over the ground. Its gnashed its teeth and, roared ‘the renaming will happen’, then lunged. With a desperate dive thewizardmelon and DemurePrincess burst back into the Ophidian Old Boys HQ and bolted the door to the Land of Backstabbers behind them.

‘Phew!’ said thewizardmelon. ‘That was close!’

They stood panting and wheezing in a brightly lit magnificently furnished corridor in the depths of Ophidian Old Boys HQ. thewizardmelon gathered his breath, then pointed to a door on the opposite side of the corridor that had a sign saying Spotswood Chancellors Office.

‘That’s the one we need.’
DemurePrincess frowned testily. 'Are you sure?’

thewizardmelon nodded, then looked at the large rip in his magic cloak and the teeth marks in his hat. He was not going to make that mistake again.

‘Yes, this is definitely the door to the Land of Team Loyalty and Comradeship! They’ll have loads of great posters in there.’

DemurePrincess nodded.

The Land of Ophidian Old Boys was extraordinary. The smells were intoxicating. All around them was opulence, there was a Guinness bar, Wine Larder, Dinning Hall, and Cigar Lounge . From east to west, north to south, there was nothing but endless rooms filled with wonder and the best things money could buy.

DemurePrincess shook her head in amazement and said, 'I think I could get used to this place. Why did we stay at that dump called The Eyrie so long?’

thewizardmelon stared out across the Spotswood Facilities and scratched his head. He was just about to pull out his spell book, when 245kg of love muscle popped his head up from behind a desk.

Desk.png

‘Good afternoon!’ chirped Tigerturbulance. ‘What's brought you to Spotswood? How can I help you my dear qooty friends?’

thewizardmelon couldn’t help but grin. ‘Why thank you for your assistance Turbo. We’re looking for the best team in the SWEET F.A. to be part of and I want to be around long enough to play my 100th game.’

Tigerturbulance smiled and said “well you two have just found your forever club”.

The End

Congratulations thewizardmelon on playing your 100th game this Sunday

wizmelon 100 game can.jpg

It's a fair milestone and I congratulate our friend on 100 games but here's the rub... I'm the Wizard. He's a melon. Please don't start threads that make me think I accidentally signed on with other clubs in a nighttime stupor.

‘Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!’ screamed thewizardmelon.

‘Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgghh!’ cried DemurePrincess.

The East Side Hawk snarl-beast snapped at their heels. Its beak rolled back, then spat stinging anti-Phoenix venom through the air. thewizardmelon and DemurePrincess ducked as the anti-Phoenix venom splattered against a rock. The rock hissed, then melted like ice. The East Side Hawk snarl beast stomped towards them, its thick muscles rippling under yellow and green feathers thewizardmelon gulped.

‘You know what DemurePrincess, I now believe the Eyrie is not the Land of Qooty glory after all.’

DemurePrincess the Phoenix rookie shrieked in dismay, ‘You’ve only just realised that, FFS your my Captain?’

thewizardmelon shrugged. ‘Well, I thought it was strange, all these new players trying to eat us. You know, I think we’ve taken the wrong door. I think this is the Land of Backstabbers. DemurePrincess, DemurePrincess?’

But DemurePrincess was not hanging around. As the East Side Hawk snarl-beast roared, she scarpered towards a field of Spotswood sting-grass and the door to the Ophidian Old Boys HQ.

thewizardmelon stared at the East Side Hawk snarl-beast’s gnashing teeth, then hurried after his rookie.

The Spotswood sting-grass nipped at their legs, but there was no slowing up. The three-headed East Side Hawk snarl-beast had chased them all through the Land of Las Vegas Bears; across the Swamp of Swamprats, into the Ravenous Roys Jungle, to the field of Spotswood-grass. It had already bitten a chunk out of thewizardmelon’s magic cloak and seemed utterly intent on eating him for dinner and absorbing the former Phoenix Captains powers.

‘There it is!’ cried thewizardmelon.

Up ahead stood the door to the Ophidian Old Boys HQ. They scampered towards it, but the East Side Hawk snarl-beast closed with every stride. Its hugs claws pounded over the ground. Its gnashed its teeth and, roared ‘the renaming will happen’, then lunged. With a desperate dive thewizardmelon and DemurePrincess burst back into the Ophidian Old Boys HQ and bolted the door to the Land of Backstabbers behind them.

‘Phew!’ said thewizardmelon. ‘That was close!’

They stood panting and wheezing in a brightly lit magnificently furnished corridor in the depths of Ophidian Old Boys HQ. thewizardmelon gathered his breath, then pointed to a door on the opposite side of the corridor that had a sign saying Spotswood Chancellors Office.

‘That’s the one we need.’
DemurePrincess frowned testily. 'Are you sure?’

thewizardmelon nodded, then looked at the large rip in his magic cloak and the teeth marks in his hat. He was not going to make that mistake again.

‘Yes, this is definitely the door to the Land of Team Loyalty and Comradeship! They’ll have loads of great posters in there.’

DemurePrincess nodded.

The Land of Ophidian Old Boys was extraordinary. The smells were intoxicating. All around them was opulence, there was a Guinness bar, Wine Larder, Dinning Hall, and Cigar Lounge . From east to west, north to south, there was nothing but endless rooms filled with wonder and the best things money could buy.

DemurePrincess shook her head in amazement and said, 'I think I could get used to this place. Why did we stay at that dump called The Eyrie so long?’

thewizardmelon stared out across the Spotswood Facilities and scratched his head. He was just about to pull out his spell book, when 245kg of love muscle popped his head up from behind a desk.

‘Good afternoon!’ chirped Tigerturbulance. ‘What's brought you to Spotswood? How can I help you my dear qooty friends?’

thewizardmelon couldn’t help but grin. ‘Why thank you for your assistance Turbo. We’re looking for the best team in the SWEET F.A. to be part of and I want to be around long enough to play my 100th game.’

Tigerturbulance smiled and said “well you two have just found your forever club”.

The End

Congratulations thewizardmelon on playing your 100th game this Sunday

View attachment 2003753

Love this! Love you more bestie 🫶🏻🫶🏻

Whoops! Congrats campaigner 😘😘

The Land of Ophidian Old Boys was extraordinary. The smells

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a fair milestone and I congratulate our friend on 100 games but here's the rub... I'm the Wizard. He's a melon. Please don't start threads that make me think I accidentally signed on with other clubs in a nighttime stupor.

He's a very filthy melon. But I probably shouldn't call him that.

I believe DemurePrincess has already copyrighted Filthy Melons for her memoir.

Wait it's not about me? I thought everything was
Ryan Gosling Whatever GIF by Regal

“ The Wizard and the Hawk (A Short Story) “​

Mmm!! Where does it say -
I’m So Vain????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back