Minecraft The World - Original BF MC Server

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sad to learn of the passing of the server. It provided many, many hours of enjoyment. It must be so bloody frustrating for you Chief to have been left having to manually send the monthlies when everything on the web these days allows auto setups for that sort of thing.

I have so many screenshots from the world that I will still cherish. Also had fun times with some folks like Hellbourne who I would not even have known otherwise.

It was a fun ride!

I'm sad to learn of the passing of the server. It provided many, many hours of enjoyment. It must be so bloody frustrating for you Chief to have been left having to manually send the monthlies when everything on the web these days allows auto setups for that sort of thing.

I have so many screenshots from the world that I will still cherish. Also had fun times with some folks like Hellbourne who I would not even have known otherwise.

It was a fun ride!
We had an issue changing email accounts away from GMail just as their warning notices were coming in.

Frustrating too that "the system" wiped backups after such a short time when we had been a customer for about 4 or 5 years.

But never fear! We will re-install the backup that we have onto a new AWS server we control and that is paid for automatically with the rest of the BF servers.

How many virtual kilometres of rail have been lost Mobbs? :p
Probably something akin to this :
trans-siberian.jpg

But our illustrious leader says an old backup will come back online, so that's something! I'll have to wait and see how much was lost to see how far into my heart I have been violated, and whether it's worth resuming.

BrownDog your place hasn't been updated for a loooong time, I did run a bridge over to it at one point but that was a bloody long time ago.

It was a fun ride!
Many a good night playing Minecraft, to be honest I haven't played it in yonks, neither have I really been on Bigfooty. The rail line that ran 28000 blocks or so was crazy, took about 15mins for a one way trip!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm confused, i can get intro the second world on 1.12.1 but the Original Server tells me it's 1.7.10, which then hangs on the 'logging in ...' screen

Has everything somehow got jumbled on my end?
I got in with 1.12.1 ... adding it as a new server

I think I might be abandoning Sweet though. Too many tears from what's missing haha. Dun Lop Stadium is a paddock ground again!

I think I might be abandoning Sweet though. Too many tears from what's missing haha. Dun Lop Stadium is a paddock ground again!
Did you do that in the last 12 months?

Did you do that in the last 12 months?
I must have, yeah. Same with the town centre, and the terraforming of the land north including a mountain built over the ocean, a hedge maze based on the one down the mornington peninsula, the wharf ... oh just a bunch of stuff ... I'd been busy :p

I went awol about 3 or 4 months ago

I must have, yeah. Same with the town centre, and the terraforming of the land north including a mountain built over the ocean, a hedge maze based on the one down the mornington peninsula, the wharf ... oh just a bunch of stuff ... I'd been busy :p

I went awol about 3 or 4 months ago
My fault for not keeping better backups, but we swapped email services at the time they were sending me reminders to pay (because AusFrag can't set up a proper fecking automatic re-bill service because they are amateurs).

My fault for not keeping better backups, but we swapped email services at the time they were sending me reminders to pay (because AusFrag can't set up a proper fecking automatic re-bill service because they are amateurs).
I'll get over it, but absolutely no cuddling for at least a week.

Maybe a little.

ah yes, 'have you tried turning it off and on again ...'

i did, and now it does

Remove this Banner Ad

Minecraft The World - Original BF MC Server

Remove this Banner Ad

Back