The Wrestler

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see why Vince disliked it. Spoilers - It shows him blading, shows the wrestlers discussing spots pre-match, there's a scene involving steriods.

I think in this day and age, though, most everyone knows, or has a fair idea, of these things, but I can see his point. However, the majority of the movie involves Ram's life and current state.
Most teenage avid wrestling fans, many who dont particularly like wrestling will tell you about blood capsules etc. They all know its fake (scripted) but they dont believe any injuries occur.

Drugs in general is common knowledge

If memory serves, didn't Vince try to have Beyond The Mat banned?
Wikipedia: World Wrestling Entertainment chairman Vince McMahon tried to block its release after deciding that the film reflected badly on him and the WWF (hence the tag line, "The Movie Vince McMahon DOESN'T Want You to See!")

Back to The Wrestler:
Good to see Bobby Dempsey get some camera time. :)
and Ernest Miller was the fakest foreign heel in recent memory.

As soon as the heel entered the arena waving his flag, all I could think of was
"I'M NOT FROM HERE! I HAVE MY OWN CUSTOMS! LOOK AT MY CRAAAAAZY PASSPORT!"
haha
Seriously though, great movie. Good mix of the 'human life' story, some great action in the ring (I loved the way they filmed the actual wrestling). Outstandingly acted by all involved.

As soon as the heel entered the arena waving his flag, all I could think of was
"I'M NOT FROM HERE! I HAVE MY OWN CUSTOMS! LOOK AT MY CRAAAAAZY PASSPORT!"
haha

pic00233wo3.jpg

LOL! :D:thumbsu:

Source: http://nodq.com/wwe/237027559.shtml

The Wrestler continues to do relatively well at the box office as its numbers only declined 16% this past weekend. Weekly declines are usually in the 50% range. The movie did $1,848,627 at the box office for the weekend and has grossed $19,336,437 through Tuesday. According to BoxOfficeMojo.com, The Wrestler surpassed the total domestic gross of The Marine on Monday ($18,844,784), which had tons more advertising, was in four times as many theaters, not to mention WWE Films' most successful movie to date.

I liked the movie but i thought his final speech to the crowd wasn pretty lame, i think if a wrestler made that speech for real it would seem just average in comparison to really great performances like the rock, stone cold etc, which i think proves how awesome 'entertainers' they really are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gritty film, that certainly hit a few heart strings. I found myself walking away feeling sorry for the state of things in America more than main character.

On the whole a pretty good movie, not too sure if I appreciated the ending. I normally prefer a bit more finality to my films, I almost hate open ended endings.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Wrestler

Remove this Banner Ad

Back