The year of the bargain forward

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no real point to this thread, I just want to bring up the huge amount of bargain forwards there has been this year.

Richo
Franklin
Burton
Didak
Giansiracusa
Akermanis
Deledio
Murphy
Medhurst
Porplyzia
Bock
Vince
Roughead
Bradshaw
Rioli
Leigh Harding

To a lesser extent
Fevola
Tredrea
Leon Davis
Mitch Hahn
Lindsay Thomas
Matt Campbell
Douglas
Reimers
Sylvia
Thompson
Dew
Josh Kennedy

That is a ridiculous amount of big/decent improvers this year

got 4 from top list
burton
porpz
rioli
franklin
, 2 from bottom.

the top 4 i had from the start, brought sylvia in before he played tho and dew...

its pretty stupid saying how many u have off that list now, wouldnt it make more sense to see how many you chose from the start of the year? Its bargain buys not trades fellas...

From the start of the year, i chose 5 of those forwards...
Murphy
Didak
Porpz
Deledio
Rioli

and go power, i dont see y hall isnt on that list, technically he was a bargain buy

Had burton, medhurst, rioli, hall, porps, didak from the start

aside from hall's indiscretion - they were all great pickups

the other one i traded out was bernie vince - though i won't take credit here because i traded him out before he went ballistic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its pretty stupid saying how many u have off that list now, wouldnt it make more sense to see how many you chose from the start of the year? Its bargain buys not trades fellas...

Murphy
Didak
Porpz
Deledio
Rioli

and go power, i dont see y hall isnt on that list, technically he was a bargain buy

I know but he's only played five games. So if you include all of those 0's that he would've contributed to your team in his average then he's probably not a bargain anymore.

Had burton, medhurst, rioli, hall, porps, didak from the start

aside from hall's indiscretion - they were all great pickups

the other one i traded out was bernie vince - though i won't take credit here because i traded him out before he went ballistic

yeah i traded him out for BJ 3 weeks ago, not really that bad a trade because BJ has scored more. but i wish id kept him, evolving into a DT gun and when i saw him play for the first time last week, one of my favourite players already.

this thread has been well-named that's for sure!

i'm spewing over Burton, Didak, Murphy, Medhurst.

oh yeah... and picking Travis Cloke ahead of Lance Franklin... noooooooo

:mad:

Murphy
Didak
Porpz
Deledio
Rioli

That is what I meant when I made my post, haven't touch my forward line all year (apart from trading out Hill.

J. Brown, S. Johnson, B. Johnson, Burton, Porplyzia, Akermanis, Bradshaw

Rioli, Hill.

Unfortunately I stacked my forward line with big names at the start of the year:

J. Brown
M. Pavlich
P. Chapman
L. Franklin
J. Porplyzia
C. Rioli
K. Tippett

Although I still get a few good picks (Franklin and Porps) I would have done much better if I'd spread my money around. I was so close to picking Murphy and Didak, but figured that Chapman and Brown would do much better, how wrong I was. On the other hand I still managed to pick up some bargain forwards so it hasn't turned out all bad (Riewoldt at $319,800 and B. Johnson at $330,500)

EDIT: Damn, I figured out with the money I spent on my forward line I could have gotten:
L. Franklin
M. Pavlich
R. Murphy
A. Didak
B. Deledio
J. Porplyzia
C. Rioli
and then had enough money left over to pretty much make a straight swap from Rioli to Jono Brown. :(
Hindsight is 20/20 eh? :p

Another thing about the forwards this year is the price to some of which have dropped.

Brown under $300k
Johnson and Riewoldt around $315k
Steve Johnson took an early hit.
There are others I'm sure

Remove this Banner Ad

The year of the bargain forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back