Theme songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Palmer Stoat said:
Terrible:
Fremantle
Port - "We'll never stop, stop, stop till we're top, top, top" (Enough said)
LMAO.....its like the ran out of time and money so thought no one would notice!
I also love the "Heave Ho, way to go" of Fremantle. Singing their little hearts out with their purple jumpers they really are 'Steel workers of America' of the AFL:D

Love the Tigers.. my 3 year old does as well.

As a Saints fan, I wouldnt change ours for anything, no matter how unorginal it may appear to some.

Bretski said:
Errr no, Freo's song is clearly the best, its catchy and has the best beat to it, hence why it should dtay, i cant see why you would think its not the best

Freo one of the worst songs going around. Anyone that likes it has problems in themselves.

Is there any reason some clubs (like Essendon) have banned the TV camera men from entering the circle after the game to film the singing from there?
IMHO i think it is because the players realize how sad it really is!

jules101 said:
West coast has the best theme song! We're the eagles, west coast eagles....

Incase anyone didnt know, they're the eagles...the west coast eagles

i think they wanna be like james bond

Beckers said:
There are about 5 or 6 teams who's songs are so camp that it is obvious the players are embarrased to sing them. "were a happy team at Hawthorn" is clearly one of them! It is great after a big win and about 8 or 10 beers but sounds so gay when i am straight.

I tend to disagree there. I find - especially at Hawthorn - the players' sing the song with pride and gusto, with no hint of embarrassment.

Beckers said:
Is there any reason some clubs (like Essendon) have banned the TV camera men from entering the circle after the game to film the singing from there?
IMHO i think it is because the players realize how sad it really is!

I'm tipping losers dont get to sing their song.The Bombers wont get an opportunity to sing their song again until they play Bendigo in the pre season.

Hawkmatic said:
I tend to disagree there. I find - especially at Hawthorn - the players' sing the song with pride and gusto, with no hint of embarrassment.

Being forced to wear that combination of colours would have removed the notion of public shame.

Bretski said:
Incase anyone didnt know, they're the eagles...the west coast eagles

i think they wanna be like james bond

Sorry Bretski, but i have to say West Coasts song in my biased opinion, is the worst song out of them all. Its just strangley different from all the other teams...

The best (after Geelong's)? Melbourne...catchy and uplifting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond and (BIASED OPINION)Collingwood's are the best for me.

Whoever seriously rates either Western Australian team song or the Port Adelaide one needs their head read in very short order.

Port Adelaide's, for a start, sounds like it was done by the Village People (complete with brass backing and rythmic claps - I'm surprised "the Alberton crowd" don't start doing the YMCA after every victory)

West Coast is full of ridiculous, overenthusiastic guitar solos. And, yeah, that backing singer! INTENSE, Weagles! Rock on!

And the only part of Freo's music that isn't either sung by Porky Pig (Doc-Doc-Dockers!) or a tuneless dirge dressed up with more ridiculous guitar riffs is just as unoriginal as the rest of our songs - it's from a Russian tune called "Boatmen on the Volga". Education is fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Theme songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back