Things you have learnt for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

MUST find an up and comer who is rare..but ready to dominate...very hard to do....i.e. Jordan Lewis, carrazzo
Don't waste time looking at players returning from serious injury......i.e. N.G.Brown, Tredrea, R.Murphy, etc

Much harder to fill the backline. If you have players ie Chad Cornes that can play both forward or back put them in the backline. I also think some guns are guns year in year out so players like Brad Johnson, Chris Judd etc. need to be bought at the start of the year. I see some dreamteams that have a bucket load of the middle tier players (around $200,000)...they're not much use to you those players....go cheap or go expensive...don't get too many middle tier players at the start.

2. Dont pick Mark Williams
Ha! I learned that one last year :rolleyes:

Don't waste time looking at players returning from serious injury......i.e. N.G.Brown, Tredrea, R.Murphy, etc
Nigel Lappin and Kosi? :rolleyes:

9. Grab a couple of the best mids to share captaincy, but be prepared to take a gamble on your other mids. It is much wiser to spend your money getting the best fwds/backs/rucks. Mids are in abundance, and is easier to find rising stars (Knights, Priddis, Pendles etc)
10. Don't get any reserves who are $69,600. Go for the older ones if possible.

My rookie year, won a Sherrin but made rookie mistakes:

1/ Don't trade someone out because they 'may' miss 3+ games. Hold onto them if you can fill the roll with an ok emg (i.e Kennelly at start of season etc).

2/ Buying 'heart' players such as Barry Hall and sticking with them while they do sh1t all year and lose loadsa $$$$$

Get at least 2-3 out of the following 11 players:

1. B. Johnson
  2. Pavlich
  3. Judd
  4. Bartel
  5. Cox
  6. K. Cornes
  7. Bruce
  8. S. West
  9. Cross
  10. Carrazzo
  11. McDonald
They are consistently high scorers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont waste trades by getting players already injured out for the whole season.

Put time and effort into your team researching yourself with you own thinking on who to pick and dont reply on gossip from bigfooty fans, make sure you know what your doing.

Pick some very high scoring consistent players at the start of the season and try out some noobs.

Dont spend a lot of money on reserves you wont probably use unless to gain money to upgrade.

That the price for the player is like average over 3 games.

Pick new draftees that have been playing in senior football leagues such as SANFL, NTFL and WAFL and that have mature age bodies as they are more likely to get a game and make good reserves/cash cows.

And make Bartel Capt every week and stay off trouble players and drunks like Farmer, Tarrant, Fevola, holland, pickett, cousins ets, etc

Dont waste trades by getting players already injured out for the whole season.

Put time and effort into your team researching yourself with you own thinking on who to pick and dont reply on gossip from bigfooty fans, make sure you know what your doing.

Pick some very high scoring consistent players at the start of the season and try out some noobs.

Dont spend a lot of money on reserves you wont probably use unless to gain money to upgrade.

That the price for the player is like average over 3 games.

here, here

Don't put alot of effort in the first three games as they don't count towards league scores.

Trade in cash cows when they are ripe, do not milk them after they are long overdue. Still have Franklin, Smith and Davey in my team.

1- Don't be stubborn and refuse to trade players who have already lost alot of value and are in poor form because you resent what you could have traded them for. Ie Bock.

2 - NO JARRED BRENNAN :thumbsdown: EVER.

Try to get some "value" with your trades. Don't trade for similar players. Trade for better players. This might mean having a bit of spare cash or using FFGenie to get undervalued players. If possible trade from your weakest players. I worked on my midfield last. I found the cash cows in the midfield increased in value much quicker so I concentrated on getting a solid backline first.

Pick at least one elite midfielder and make him captain for the year.

Don't waste time & points going from one player to another...well...it didn't work for me :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Things you have learnt for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back