This Captaincy Curfuffle..

Remove this Banner Ad

Get it over with.

Neitz has it, good for him, now can we move on?

The more it drags on, the less important it gets. Unless of course, the fact its taking so long suggests that they think Brock might just be ready to kick start the new MelbourneFC under his command.

Yep, odd.. Neitz was offered the job 2-3 weeks ago?, but its not confirmed hes accepted yet..

Then there was that consulting group that had a review of the player leadership, wonder what their findings were?

Im with you BC get it over with!

I thought it was confirmed. Weird.

EDIT: I think mike sheahan (FWIW) said that he'd skipper us. So nothing official then.

It would be fairly obvious that Neita is going to be the captain in such a historic year. After all, he is one of the greatest Demons ever.

I think it's a dead issue, everyone knows what the outcome is going to be

all good except
J. Mac, Rivers, Robbo, Yze and one of Jones or Bruce..
definately not green..

Not Yze or Robbo. Just let them play their footy.
I'd have:
Captain - Neitz
Vice - Green
Deputies - Brock and Junior

Some people may disagree with Green as vice, but I'd rather let Brock focus on his footy, and great leaders don't need to be the official captain to lead the side, just see guys like Cousins in 2006 and Hird this year. Brock isn't a great leader yet, but he has the abilities to not only be a star but be a great leader of the MFC.

Green is very underrated in terms of leadership. He hasn't been soft for a few years now, just watch him in the QB this year.

I don't see the point in having deputies. Just seems pointless having a title for the sake of it.

I'd say:
Skipper - Neitz
Vices - Brock, Junior, Green.

Would like to have Rivers as a vice, but I'd rather him stay healthy for a season, first. He can be a great leader, but in 08 I think the best thing he could do is just worry about his footy. This might be the same for Brock even, but if he's going to take over in '09, he may as well get used to it next year.

Captain: Neitz
Vice Captain: McLean
Others in Leadership Group: McDonald, Bruce, Green, Robertson

Jones will have enough on his plate dealing with a tag next year so let's keep the leadership group to proven performers. McLean can be groomed for captaincy under Neitz who gets one last crack in this historic year for the club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

This Captaincy Curfuffle..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back