G.F.C

All Australian
Aug 10, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
St Marys FC
Obviously i'm a Cats fan, but my wife is a staunch Pies fan. Our 2 kids are split, with our boy who is 5 a Cats fan, and our daughter who is 7 a Pies fan.

There had been some banter in the house about the PF, but nothing to serious.

But yesterday, my wife upped the ante, coming home with a Collingwood guernsey for our girl, but nothing for the boy.

So whats a good dad to do? He goes and spends nearly $200 on a full kit, plus scarfe and beanie.

It's all in good spirits, with no hatred or anything, but a i'm probably going to come home from work today to find the front of the house decked out in Black and White. :mad:

It's all in good spirits, with no hatred or anything, but a i'm probably going to come home from work today to find the front of the house decked out in Black and White. :mad:

Well just beat her to it and deck the house out in Blue and White!! ;)

Speaking of which, drove through Geelong yesterday. Almost brought a tear to my eye seeing all the decorations in the shop windows and houses. Well done down there peoples. Saw some really cute hand painted stuff too. Well one looked more like Sonic the Hedgehog, but still very cute.

And loved "The Lid is Off" sign too. :thumbsu::)

I have the same problem my wife and daughter(5) are Collingwood and my son(4) and I are Geelong. He has not taken his jumper off except for the odd wash since the first final. Pity it is a night game as he would have loved to go.

My boyfriend goes for Collingwood - he's been stirring me and saying stuff like "oooohhh we're gonna smash you", while I just smile at him and keep my lid on like a good little Geelong supporter. :p

Mate deck the little tacker out in GFC gear. Also by some new sheets for the bedroom, of course the GFC spread would be appropriate :thumbsu:

My boyfriend goes for Collingwood - he's been stirring me and saying stuff like "oooohhh we're gonna smash you", while I just smile at him and keep my lid on like a good little Geelong supporter. :p

Just turn off the tap if he starts getting to cheeky, thats what my wife will do!

Not me :D

In class today walked in, students are going "Go Pies" etc.. I just smile and say "We'll smash you. If we play crap then we'll.... beat you by only 5 goals"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slightly off topic, but was driving to work today and pulled up at the lights at the corner of Barwon Heads and Breakwater Roads, and a car pulled up beside me with Collingwood number plates. The road went from two lanes to one, I was in the right lane, the other car was in the lane that had to merge into my lane. Made a decision that I wouldn't let them in, so as soon as the lights changed, I basically tail-gated the car in front of me, and the person had to brake and wait for the car behind me to let them in. :p

Slightly off topic, but was driving to work today and pulled up at the lights at the corner of Barwon Heads and Breakwater Roads, and a car pulled up beside me with Collingwood number plates. The road went from two lanes to one, I was in the right lane, the other car was in the lane that had to merge into my lane. Made a decision that I wouldn't let them in, so as soon as the lights changed, I basically tail-gated the car in front of me, and the person had to brake and wait for the car behind me to let them in. :p
lol :D

I believe you would do that.:)

Speaking of which, anyone seen the "GO Power" things sprayed painted on the road around Breakwater, Belmont, Grovedale area's?

My girlfriend is a Pies fan. She said to me if the Pies are knocked out she would want the Cats to win. She said it like I should reciprocate. There was only silence...

Speaking of which, anyone seen the "GO Power" things sprayed painted on the road around Breakwater, Belmont, Grovedale area's?

Yeah I've noticed that. I just hoped they were put there by Newcomb Power fans.

Obviously i'm a Cats fan, but my wife is a staunch Pies fan. Our 2 kids are split, with our boy who is 5 a Cats fan, and our daughter who is 7 a Pies fan.

There had been some banter in the house about the PF, but nothing to serious.

But yesterday, my wife upped the ante, coming home with a Collingwood guernsey for our girl, but nothing for the boy.

So whats a good dad to do? He goes and spends nearly $200 on a full kit, plus scarfe and beanie.

Well i guess there needs to be a busy-bee at your house tomorrow!!:D

Similar for me.
Right now at my house there's my second cousin who goes for Collingwood, me, my Mum & my uncle who are all Geelong supporters and my Grandpa who goes for Brisbane.
All my cousins go for Collingwood and all this side of the family go for Geelong.

Was working in Geelong in Saturday morning. Always feels great going back there but this was somethign special. The colours in shops and everything absolutely brilliant. Wagging school on thursday to take my little bro down to training.
Yesterday I was sent home by our staunchly Collingwood Assistant Principal for nbot having a belt (WTF?). Came back looking resplendent in my new belt/geelong tie combo. He was so worried about the stupid belt he didnt even notice the best part, which was both dissapointing and satisfying. i may be the only Geelong supporter amongst a sea of Collingwood, but i sure let them know about it.

Nothing better than beating Collingwood. In the same token there is nothing worst than losing to Collingwood! Add in preliminary finals stakes and you have yourselves a ball game!

Remove this Banner Ad

This PF has divided my house!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back