Thommo

Remove this Banner Ad

the only problem is by the time Grant develops our window might have closed.

I'm all for getting Nathan Thompson

By the time Grant, Cordy and Boumann etc develop, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Hill, Harbrow, Addison, Williams, Minson, Ward, Reid etc will all be in their prime, with players like Cross, Boyd, Morris, Murphy, Lake, Shaggy, Gia etc the elder statesmen of the team. The window isn't as open right now as we might like to believe.

By the time Grant, Cordy and Boumann etc develop, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Hill, Harbrow, Addison, Williams, Minson, Ward, Reid etc will all be in their prime, with players like Cross, Boyd, Morris, Murphy, Lake, Shaggy, Gia etc the elder statesmen of the team. The window isn't as open right now as we might like to believe.

Best post since i have been on here, the window of opportunity is not just next year.

Our list is very young, and all have plenty of years left.

Man that is exactly what i've been thinking!.. our premiership window is open a bit that is right, but geez its gonna be open for ages i reckon.. so much oyung talent

Pipedream.

Think Fraser Gehrig and Tony Lockett Mk 2.

Develop the kids!

Agreed!!! Can't think of a worse player to chase at this stage of the game. It was not our lack of a key forward whcih undid us in the finals, it was a lakck of a decent tall backman against the Hawks and then against the Cats it was having Cooney and Murphy on 1 leg between them......plonking a lumberiing 30 y/o at FF is NOT going to result in a premiership.

my sources are telling me that Thommo may not be retired and he will under go a medical sometime over the next couple of days

Well I hope he has a good season at East/Point, Donald, Griffith, Moulamien, Mooroopna, Quambatook, St Arnaud, Dimboola, Wakool, Bachus Marsh or where ever else he is planning to play next year.

But I doubt it will be in the AFL or even the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my sources are telling me that Thommo may not be retired and he will under go a medical sometime over the next couple of days

I would be absolutely devasted if we traded for Thompson, I admire the guy, but he is not a solution for us.:thumbsdown:

Should go for Boyle or Campbell, at least they will have a lot more years ahead of them, no injuries so to speak and if they dont work out, well we havent lost anything if the alternative is Thompson.

The stats on Boyle tell a tale.

31 games. Averages 5 kicks a game and 1.3 goals a game.

I think we can forget him. Can't believe that Hawthorn asked so much for him last year. Hawthorn is always a bad club to trade with because they always try to have the upper hand in negotiating rather than have a win/win out of the deal like other clubs do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thommo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back