Thoughts on Cameron Wood being re-rookied?

Should Cameron Wood be re-rookied if Richmond don't take him?

• Absolutely! Our window is open, he's essential experienced ruck depth.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Yeah, might be handy.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Nah, very unlikely to be needed.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • No way! Insane to even consider it.

Votes: 62 76.5%
  • No opinion, show me the poll results.

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah Cam Wood has had his days at the Pies now. If we are seriously considering recruiting an experienced ruckman, then I'd look at Stephenson because he has a bit more grunt.

But I think now that we have Grundy, it would be a mistake to get any more rucks. Both Witts and Grundy are physically ready for senior football. They may be inexperienced, but getting another ruckman will affect their development now.

If Jolly goes down for the season, then I doubt any backup ruck will carry us to a flag. But if he goes down for a month of two with a groin injury or something, then I have faith that Witts can come in and hold up. He'd get adequate backup from guys like Keefe and Lynch.

I think we've settled our ruck stocks now. There be a gulf in experience, but we need to back them in and start developing them seriously.

This quote came up in another thread.

What are your thoughts on Cameron Wood being re-rookied?
Sorry 76 but my thoughts are I'm not even going to read the rest of this thread, no offence mate.

Cam wasn't a great player, and I think he was just the kind of person who just didn't have the talent to make it. He trained every week for years, played shittybgames in the vfl every week, and kept at it despite just not having the natural body movement, skills and instinct to make it. I think his body got less coordinated as he bulked up and it was to his detriment
There's a lot of talk about him having a poor attitude, but he wasn't as bad a bloke as its made out.
I wish him luck, but no matter how hard he works he just doesn't have what it takes, and he shouldn't be attacked for that. He's made it further than most people would dream of...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Gone Brad Dick, you practically ARE the rest of the thread. The Hudson news killed off further posters.
Excellent, the words killed off (recruiting sense) in a Wood thread.:D

(MMD that green smiley face is an emoticon :p)

It's a shame that a player could become so disliked.

Sure, our opinions of a player count for nothing as far as the club is concerned. But I think in this case it's an indication that he was kept on much longer than he should have been.

It's a shame that a player could become so disliked.

Sure, our opinions of a player count for nothing as far as the club is concerned. But I think in this case it's an indication that he was kept on much longer than he should have been.

Not as long as Guy Richards how that guy got to almost a decade on the list is mind boggling, Ben Kinnear was also a lucky man.

Not as long as Guy Richards how that guy got to almost a decade on the list is mind boggling, Ben Kinnear was also a lucky man.
I don't understand why Wood deteriorated rather than improved as a footballer, but I don't hate him. I feel sorry for him, because he has lost a lifestyle and good friends/work colleagues and a nice income. He is to blame for his predicament because he lost the inward fire, and maybe he also exercised the fluency out of his body, becoming the rigid stick insect we know so well. How will his absence effect Travis's performance?

Great call on Kinnear. I couldn't understand why he kept getting game. From memory he played in our 2003 gf side.....which makes me realise why we couldn't beat a side who just threw everything at the contest....

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Cameron Wood being re-rookied?

Back