AFLW Three clubs, five players: The mega deal set to kick off trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

As previously revealed by womens.afl, St Kilda's former AFLW leading goalkicker Caitlin Greiser is tipped to head to Richmond.

The Tigers are also likely to be busy and could land Courtney Jones from the Suns

But Richmond could lose utility Kodi Jacques to Essendon, Maddy Brancatisano to Gold Coast while experienced defender Harriet Cordner has attracted interest from Carlton.

Current Tigers Harriet Cordner has been linked to Carlton, Maddy Brancatisano is likely to move to Gold Coast, while two forwards – Caitlin Greiser and Courtney Jones – are strong chances of landing at Punt Road, meaning there’s a chance the Tigers won’t enter the draft.

Get it done , HC a loss but we got fb covered with miller

Current Tigers Harriet Cordner has been linked to Carlton, Maddy Brancatisano is likely to move to Gold Coast, while two forwards – Caitlin Greiser and Courtney Jones – are strong chances of landing at Punt Road, meaning there’s a chance the Tigers won’t enter the draft.

Get it done , HC a loss but we got fb covered with miller

Nooooooooooo

not Maddy as well, has our list manager lost their minds

i blame Kate Sheahan, sack her:rage:

Noooooooooooo

why are we trading out one of our better players:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Can't believe this one she was a rock in defense when she played. But i think was dropped for finals game vs North so probably reason may have asked to be traded.As for been dropped for that game what were they thinking as games before was very solid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only tend to watch Richmond games but how is Caitlin Grieser as a player?
Bulky key forward , moves ok , marks it ok , young enough , 22-24? that she could turn a corner , get fitter and really step up , worth a shot . Has previous been AA so has ability

Bulky key forward , moves ok , marks it ok , young enough , 22-24? that she could turn a corner , get fitter and really step up , worth a shot . Has previous been AA so has ability

Sounds like Sabrina Fredericks. No key forward with a bulky build has done anything of note at AFLW level in the last 3 seasons. 16 players on the field means you can't carry a big body with no speed or endurance.

Sounds like Sabrina Fredericks. No key forward with a bulky build has done anything of note at AFLW level in the last 3 seasons. 16 players on the field means you can't carry a big body with no speed or endurance.
Looks more agile and appears capable of stripping fitter than she is right now with options scarce , certainly worth a shot

Looks more agile and appears capable of stripping fitter than she is right now with options scarce , certainly worth a shot

I reckon we'd have been better off spending our $ on a more mobile forward. We have Stella Reid coming through who has a fair bit of improvement to make on her speed and endurance so need pace around her as she develops

Last edited:
I agree, she can get off the mark quickly and has a good long kick.
If she can get the confidence to jump into a pack or not care if she uses a def is in the hole as a crash bag, it’s going to have a big impact I reckon.
When I watch Melb play and they put two behind the ball as soon as they get 15 points up, I reckon it’s only a Tayla Harris type that can split them open or make them nervous.
Wardlaw gets a lot of shots on goal from leads but runs to grass. If one Grieser mark early in the season comes from splitting a pack or a def who tries to block the lane pays a price because Grieser didn’t care and took the mark.
Every def in the comp will have it in the back of their minds for the season.
Might be wishful thinking, but could happen

She changed that up a bit last season, was fitter, ran through the centre bounces a bit more too. Not saying she is any sort of answer to Wakefield, but she is a whole lot younger than her with heaps of improvement in her still if she really wants it. Let's see how she arrives at the Club first before we nail her a Fredricks-like cross - she has the build and skills to be Toogood-like too - with great guidance and a willingness to learn. I'm 50 / 50. The Club has been OK at this in recent times.

Last edited:
She changed that up a bit last season, was fitter, ran through the centre bounces a bit more too. Not saying she is any sort of answer to Wakefield, but she is a whole lot younger than her with heaps of improvement in her still if she really wants it. Let's see how she arrives at the Club first before we nail her a Fredricks-like cross - she has the build and skills to be Toogood-like too - with great guidance and a willingness to learn. I'm 50 / 50. The Club has been OK at this in recent times.

She could be in Richmond colors by as early as tomorrow.

Code Sports report:
Carlton original Nat Plane appears bound for St Kilda with the Blues and Saints in discussions with Richmond about a three-way AFLW trade that would send Harriet Cordner to Ikon Park and Caitlin Greiser to Punt Road.

Industry sources confirmed that the clubs were in talks about a trade that could go through as early as tomorrow.
Draft picks could also swap hands as part of the trade.

Richmond get Caitlin Greiser from St Kilda
Saints get Nat Plane from Carlton
Carlton get Harriet Cordner from Richmond

The Saints are seeking to deal with the Brisbane Lions for season seven leading goalkicker Jesse Wardlaw, who wants to head to Moorabbin.

Cordner, 30, is interested in a move from Richmond to Carlton.
The key defender, who can also play ruck, became Tigers’ vice-captain following a breakout 2021 in which she was named in the All-Australian squad, but ruptured her ACL early in 2022, missing most of season six and all of season seven.
Carlton would be her third AFLW club, having started at Melbourne.

Plane, 26, has emerged as a circuit-breaker in the Cordner and Greiser moves.
A former Melbourne Renegades cricketer and member of Carlton’s first AFLW team in 2017, she has played 36 matches across seven seasons, used as a midfielder and defender.
Carlton is still on the hunt for a new AFLW coach and head of women’s football following the departures of Daniel Harford and Brett Munro in the wake of the club’s review of its AFLW operations.

St Kilda has already landed Collingwood pair Jaimee Lambert and Steph Chiocci in a deal which sent Kate Shierlaw to North Melbourne and Tarni White to the Magpies.

The Tigers could acquire Courtney Jones from the Gold Coast but lose Maddy Brancatisano the other way.

Last edited:
She could be in Richmond colors by as early as tomorrow.

Code Sports report:
Carlton original Nat Plane appears bound for St Kilda with the Blues and Saints in discussions with Richmond about a three-way AFLW trade that would send Harriet Cordner to Ikon Park and Caitlin Greiser to Punt Road.

Industry sources confirmed that the clubs were in talks about a trade that could go through as early as tomorrow.
Draft picks could also swap hands as part of the trade.

Richmond get Caitlin Greiser from St Kilda
Saints get Nat Plane from Carlton
Carlton get Harriet Cordner from Richmond

The Saints are seeking to deal with the Brisbane Lions for season seven leading goalkicker Jesse Wardlaw, who wants to head to Moorabbin.

Cordner, 30, is interested in a move from Richmond to Carlton.
The key defender, who can also play ruck, became Tigers’ vice-captain following a breakout 2021 in which she was named in the All-Australian squad, but ruptured her ACL early in 2022, missing most of season six and all of season seven.
Carlton would be her third AFLW club, having started at Melbourne.

Plane, 26, has emerged as a circuit-breaker in the Cordner and Greiser moves.
A former Melbourne Renegades cricketer and member of Carlton’s first AFLW team in 2017, she has played 36 matches across seven seasons, used as a midfielder and defender.
Carlton is still on the hunt for a new AFLW coach and head of women’s football following the departures of Daniel Harford and Brett Munro in the wake of the club’s review of its AFLW operations.

St Kilda has already landed Collingwood pair Jaimee Lambert and Steph Chiocci in a deal which sent Kate Shierlaw to North Melbourne and Tarni White to the Magpies.

The Tigers could acquire Courtney Jones from the Gold Coast but lose Maddy Brancatisano the other way.
Don’t mind it , H is returning from acl , could take a season to come good , she’s 30 , could be a good exchange for 24yo . As mentioned prev branc had an average year that culminated in being dropped for final , no idea about jones , I trust it’s a trade up

Don’t mind it , H is returning from acl , could take a season to come good , she’s 30 , could be a good exchange for 24yo . As mentioned prev branc had an average year that culminated in being dropped for final , no idea about jones , I trust it’s a trade up

yeah, i don't mind it as well, if it goes down that way.

Jones is a big upgrade, she kicks goals, 8 goals in both the last 2 seasons, good small fwd, good mark, good kick, good when the ball hit's the ground.
more excited what she can do for us in the fwd line than Greiser TBH

Losing Brancat is a positive I think. While her foot speed is OK, I thought her mind speed let he down the most. Was often slow to react - alst season went up a notch and she didn't, wouldn't or couldn't.

I'm most perplexed about Harriet. How do we go from her being VC, All Aust, and suffering an ACL, rehabbed through it and suddenly she wants out. Something sits awkwardly there for me. I know we can survive without her, but gee if she was 3/4's of her AA season, the flexability we get is enormous. Maybe it's a Tirr thing.

Losing Brancat is a positive I think. While her foot speed is OK, I thought her mind speed let he down the most. Was often slow to react - alst season went up a notch and she didn't, wouldn't or couldn't.

I'm most perplexed about Harriet. How do we go from her being VC, All Aust, and suffering an ACL, rehabbed through it and suddenly she wants out. Something sits awkwardly there for me. I know we can survive without her, but gee if she was 3/4's of her AA season, the flexability we get is enormous. Maybe it's a Tirr thing.

Agree Cordner does not make sense. She may have been unhappy with her rehab or how she was looked after whilst injured? Always a few strange trades from AFLW clubs every year. Suggest some of them might be more off-field motivated ala Phoebe Monahan than we would understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back