Benny_

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2005
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
L.A.Lakers, Liverpool
Hey guys, anyone got any stories about dream team league contests. Me and my mate had a draw on the weekend. I thought i had won by 4 points but about 10 minutes after the game they added a tackle to Bernie Vince which resulted in us drawing. We also had another match that was decided by 2 points. Anyone been involved in a draw or a very close encounter???

3 points difference between 2 teams who were playing against each other in one of my leagues this week.

One had Hille, the other Harvey. Neither had emergencies.

3 points difference between 2 teams who were playing against each other in one of my leagues this week.

One had Hille, the other Harvey. Neither had emergencies.

Even if they did have emergencies they wouldn't of counted anyway would of they because Harvey and Hille played or is that wrong?

the guy i played had Alan Didak and no emergency which helped me get the 2 points for a draw.

Even if they did have emergencies they wouldn't of counted anyway would of they because Harvey and Hille played or is that wrong?
They have counted.

There's a HUGE thread about it on the first page here. Mostly just whinging and empty threats of legal action but an entertaining read none the less.

I won my Grand Final last year by 1 point :D

It was in my league with my mates too, and it meant I went back to back.

I won my Grand Final last year by 1 point :D

It was in my league with my mates too, and it meant I went back to back.

not to trump you - but my GF was a tie last year.

I won the first final against him - but he finished higher on the ladder - we agreed to call it a tie.

i lost my league match by 3 points this week - damn brock mclean gunned it - it's like watching a slow moving car crash as he kept racking up the touches!!

played my arch rival and it said i had won by 1 point but then they took a handball away from petrenko!! (what made it worse is that petrnko had the ball for about 10 seconds and decided to handball it just past the final siren!

killed me!

Havn't had any thrillers yet this year but had a great one last year.

Freo vs (can't remember, think it might've been Richmond) and it was the last game of the round. He had Pavlich, I had nobody. I was up by 11 points with about 2-4 mins left. But then Pav took a mark about 40m out on a slight angle. I knew if Pav kicked the goal, I would lose by a point. Well, he missed the goal and I won 1776 to 1772 (yes, I still remember the scores because it was so exciting!).:D

Couple of years ago, the last game of the round was Freo v Adelaide. We'd calculated the scores and the only difference in personnel was that I had N. Basset.

Basset kicking in - kicks to himself, kicks long and the siren sounds. Win by 2 points. Epic. Still brings tears to my eyes thinking about it.

Needed about 250 to win in the GF with Reiwoldt and Goddard. Won with a mark, kick and goal from Riewoldt on the siren.

closest game ive had was in round 17 of last yr. scores equal going into the last game between bulldogs and carlton. i had boyd and he had stevens.
boyd scored 95, stevens 93 for a 2 point win. really nerve-wracking

Last year Bulldogs v North. Both of my mates were at my house and it was the last game of the round. Brad Johnson had the ball on the siren 30m out on a slight angle. If he kicks the goal one wins. If he misses the other wins. He hit the post.
Good Stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year a mate of mine had Buddy in the last game, I had no-one. He hit the front by one point with a few minutes to pay. Buddy gave away a free kick with 2 minutes left and didn't touch the ball again. I won by 2.

well i have a possible contender.
the first league game this year, it all came down to the eagles vs the dogs.
the scores stood at 1932 to my opponent, and 1914 to me with about 30 seconds left.
then cox tackles a player, wins a holding the ball decision then gets a kick.
8 points!
but it just so happened, cox was my captain.
so 16 points!!!
scores are now 1932-1930 to my opponent.
then what happens you ask.
gilbee, who my opponent had and i didn't goes to tackle a player with about literally five seconds left.
high tackle!
i won by a point, cause of the most amazing 30 seconds ever.
funny thing is, in that same league, another two teams played and got a draw.
cause of the high tackle!
unbelievable.
the highs and lows of dt...

mine happened last week when petrenko decided to play the last few minutes of the last quarter... i was 9 points down i think but he helped me win by 4 points after he was on -1 at 3q time... he racked up about 13 points to do that...

Petrenko is the only player to "positivly improve" his score by -1300% after 3q time

Last year a mate of mine had Buddy in the last game, I had no-one. He hit the front by one point with a few minutes to pay. Buddy gave away a free kick with 2 minutes left and didn't touch the ball again. I won by 2.

LOL that is text book Buddy Franklin

I drew a match in eliminator last year but went through on higher ranking!

Hey guys, anyone got any stories about dream team league contests. Me and my mate had a draw on the weekend. I thought i had won by 4 points but about 10 minutes after the game they added a tackle to Bernie Vince which resulted in us drawing. We also had another match that was decided by 2 points. Anyone been involved in a draw or a very close encounter???

Man, the exact same thing happened to me. I was four points up at the end of the last match but by the end of lockout we were square. I think he had Vince too... :rolleyes: Spewin'.

This week just gone ironically I had two mates playing each other in our league (They are housemates which makes this even funnier as the banter was great to listen to). Anyway it was the last game Melb vs Ade with the guy who was leading had no one playing and the other guy needed about 50 points to win from Walker and Petrenko. At 3 qtr time Walker is in his track suit on about 30 on the bench and Petrenko was on -1. He was ****en spewing until Petrenko and Walker both came on late in the final quarter and scored a few points. Walker laid a weak tackle and Petrenko got a kick right on the siren. Both were counted in the original stats giving the guy chasing the 50 points the win. However about 5 mins later when the stats were reviewed Petrenko's kick wasn't counted and Walkers tackle was removed as well. His score dropped 7 points and my mate lost to his roommate by 4 points.

Epic.

yeah my mate fell victim to the davis/sidebottom swap

he had davis, his opponent has sidebottom and lost by 30 points

funniest thing is the guy who he lost to was actually a 9 yr old kid lol

This week just gone ironically I had two mates playing each other in our league (They are housemates which makes this even funnier as the banter was great to listen to). Anyway it was the last game Melb vs Ade with the guy who was leading had no one playing and the other guy needed about 50 points to win from Walker and Petrenko. At 3 qtr time Walker is in his track suit on about 30 on the bench and Petrenko was on -1. He was ****en spewing until Petrenko and Walker both came on late in the final quarter and scored a few points. Walker laid a weak tackle and Petrenko got a kick right on the siren. Both were counted in the original stats giving the guy chasing the 50 points the win. However about 5 mins later when the stats were reviewed Petrenko's kick wasn't counted and Walkers tackle was removed as well. His score dropped 7 points and my mate lost to his roommate by 4 points.

Epic.

same thing happened to me, i had walker and petrenko and it said i had won, but lost by 1 point after they changed the score

absolutely shattered!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thrilling Dream Team Contests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back