Jimmyboy9

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Picking Thurgood at the minute is like picking a 21 man squad. He isnt ready physically and its embarasing for supporters, players and the coaching staff when he continuoes to get smashed and battered. Why the ******** do we continue to play this poor boy. It wouldve been interesting to see how we wouldve gone if we had a Brennan or a Ball selected instead of him!! i think it wouldve made a good 3 goal difference.

Jimmyboy9 said:
Picking Thurgood at the minute is like picking a 21 man squad. He isnt ready physically and its embarasing for supporters, players and the coaching staff when he continuoes to get smashed and battered. Why the ******** do we continue to play this poor boy. It wouldve been interesting to see how we wouldve gone if we had a Brennan or a Ball selected instead of him!! i think it wouldve made a good 3 goal difference.

He broke his cheek because he got hit there, not because he is too skinny. That would have broken anyone's cheek!

Have you seen the prior 2 weeks, or is it just some sort of coincidence. AFL players know how to protect there body to mate, and he left himself open? dont mistake courage for stupidity!!

Jimmyboy9 said:
Have you seen the prior 2 weeks, or is it just some sort of coincidence. AFL players know how to protect there body to mate, and he left himself open? dont mistake courage for stupidity!!
Don't worry, we all know which trait you typify.

Getting smacked in the face has nothing to do with not being physically ready. By that logic, Hird, Dunstall and Richardson should never have played the game as they suffered facial fractures. Thurgood goes in harder than anyone else and that's why he gets injured - it's got nothing to do with his body when he gets hit in the head by an arm brace.

Choota said:
He carved up Deledio last week.

excellent comeback.... :D because he did...

thurgood maybe under weight but he'll be right.. , what he copped on the weekend was not because of his weight..he'll bounce back , they may give him a run for boxhill first up ( for match fitness purposes ) but he'll be back in the one's no doubt about it..i reckon clarkson regognises his courage and wants him in the team to develop..
lots of players have come into the game weighing around 70kg and did ok..
thurgood is no exception...

its fine playing him, he's courageous and reads the play well. Sure he'll be better when he puts some weight on, but that doesn't mean he can't be given a game now. He played well on Deledio, and showed some real signs in every game he's played.

Jimmyboy, do you really think that by playing Bally or Brennan would have made a 3 goal difference????

wake up to yourself boy, Bally was best for Box Hill on the weekend I know but the jury is still out on Brennan, how can you justify saying it made a 3 goal difference?

the boy is skinny, but at least he has balls! more than can be said for other players on the Hawthorn list! How we got rid of Piciaone (hard body) and kept the 22 year old school boy Steven Greene is beyond me!

Jimmyboy9 said:
Very harsh. Josh does need to beef up but he gets hurt because he throws himself into packs and oncoming traffic with reckless abandon. He does need to learn not to leave himself wide open and to cover up a bit but his sort of courage is worth it's weight in gold. Going to be an absolute champion for the HFC with his speed, courage and ability to read the play.

EB_Tiger said:
Height 190cm
Weight: 70kg

I cant beleive he was plyed. I was pretty surprised he got a game in the wizard cup aswell. No where near competitive weight yet.
Josh is listed at 70kgs but has put on 7kgs over pre-season. He said that on an article on the Hawks website.

You may have been surprised he got a game but we have nowhere near the depth and quality of Richmond's A1 stellar backline.BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D
Was good enough to teach Deledio a footballing lesson last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has he done to make him a good player!! Dont forget deledio is a first year player for a team that doesnt deliver to there forwards well and go through Richo all the time. Dont call him a good player, he has showed no signs what so ever to be touted as the next HFC champion.

well i think he is sorry but that is my opinion he shows a lot of courage and has not backed off that courage since getting knocked out against the saints in the wiz but i am no expert in the game i just have my opinion.

who cares about the tiger recruit he is not a hawk and the other one is injured

Jimmyboy9 said:
What has he done to make him a good player!! Dont forget deledio is a first year player for a team that doesnt deliver to there forwards well and go through Richo all the time. Dont call him a good player, he has showed no signs what so ever to be touted as the next HFC champion.
Says you. The guy is lightning fast, has courage in bucketloads, has good skills, reads the play well...Every commentator so far has had nothing but positives to preach about him. I saw him play all year at Box Hill last year, and believe me, this kid has what it takes.

I never said he didnt mate, im just saying he isnt there now and isnt ready for AFL and hasnt shown anything to go against this. He has however, been concussed, broke a cheek bone and been battered through "courage" or just stupidity. A man should learn his limitations.

Jimmyboy9 said:
I never said he didnt mate, im just saying he isnt there now and isnt ready for AFL and hasnt shown anything to go against this. He has however, been concussed, broke a cheek bone and been battered through "courage" or just stupidity. A man should learn his limitations.

Your the one that's been pushing along the lines of "get behind them, support, encourage" etc etc.

Yet when there is one bloke that is showing all that sort of want and desire to really contribute through fearlessness and attack on the ball.. you don't want to play him?

[Commetti]Interesting[/Commetti]

I dont want to play him, becuase i dont think he is ready and he is a liability at the minute to the team. Thats why.

thurgood = ***STAR****

anyone who can put there head over the ball and their body on the line as consistently as he has over the last few games (3 is only a small ammount i know) is definately worthy of some respect. claiming that he is a liability is a disgrace. i havent been so excited watching hawthorn play since 2001. so far i rate thurgood's performances as good if not better than lance franklins.

fevola25_ said:
thurgood = ***STAR****

anyone who can put there head over the ball and their body on the line as consistently as he has over the last few games (3 is only a small ammount i know) is definately worthy of some respect. claiming that he is a liability is a disgrace. i havent been so excited watching hawthorn play since 2001. so far i rate thurgood's performances as good if not better than lance franklins.

BIT EALRY TO BE CALLING HIM A STAR.

It is exciting to see the bloke keep his nose over the ball and I'm sure seeing him do that on a regular basis gives the blokes around him a lift. I like hime, I think he'll be good.

I would like him to hit the juice or something cause damn... he will get himself killed, snapped, broken if he keeps playing thinking he's built like Ricciuto.

We can really use this boy but we the man would be better.

Time will tell on Thurgood, id be ecstatic if i was wrong about him not being ready. believe me id be ecstatic!!

AFL players know how to protect there body to mate, and he left himself open? dont mistake courage for stupidity!!

there's certainly an element of truth in that. i think however he will get smarter as time goes on. the smarter the play and method you use of going hard for the ball the more effective it is. currently its just him throwing himself in and getting cleaned up. i do believe however he will get wiser as the season goes on. hopefully anyawy : :eek:

Mate with a name like i love boys, i really hope your a girl!! not that it matters, u know thats cool if ur not, i aint gonna have a go at any gay people. If thats what ur into just as long as u back Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thurgood Not Ready

Remove this Banner Ad

Back