Thursdays training brief wrap up

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2010
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester City
Just finished up from training. First time I've been for a few years.

Here's a few findings that will interest a lot of you.

-Chris Mayne took no part in any ball drills. Only did light running, looked to be struggling. Possible niggle? I'd be surprised if he plays this week very surprised.

-Sam Mclarty trained well. Spoke to him after the game and can confirm he won't be playing this week. Down played it and said "what can you do" but is "enjoyng" his footy.

-Levi did a few laps, wont play, obviously.

-Fasolo is "one week away" from returning.

-Treloar got on the track pretty late, did a bit of light running and a few drills with the group. Read into this what you will.

-Mason Cox was one of the last four on the track only doing marking drills. Constantly being reminded to use his hands well. A few poor return kicks to the coaches.

-Match simulation, not much has changed. Same old kicking with the switch and turning it over. Pretty concerning.

-Hoskin Elliott going for a spoil, taking out the media blokes camera set up and the media bloke, injuring the media bloke in the process. Only at collingwood.

Sent from my CPH1715 using Tapatalk

Just finished up from training. First time I've been for a few years.

-Fasolo is "one week away" from returning.

Sent from my CPH1715 using Tapatalk

Did Fasolo tell you this?

Bucks seemed pretty clear earlier this week that Fas won't get a call up. Our offence needs to rely on true forwards, like Cox and Adams...

Yeah I heard him on SEN but I have a suspicious (wishful) feeling.

Yeah I heard him on SEN but I have a suspicious (wishful) feeling.

My Mum always said she had 'women's intuition'. She predicted that Jeff Fenech would get knocked out in the rematch with Azumah Nelson, and apparently it was her women's intuition which saw it coming. I called bulls***. I'm more inclined to believe she fixed the fight.

In any case, I hope that your mystical feelings are correct! I don't think Fas will save us, but he would improve our forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a chat with one of Chris Maynes ex Freo team mates this week, and as of yesterday he was still in the dark as to whether he was going to be selected.

Said that Mayne seems to feel a bit hard done by that he hasn't gotten a decent run at it. But is really keen to do what it takes to get back in the senior team and contribute.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Had a chat with one of Chris Maynes ex Freo team mates this week, and as of yesterday he was still in the dark as to whether he was going to be selected.

Said that Mayne seems to feel a bit hard done by that he hasn't gotten a decent run at it. But is really keen to do what it takes to get back in the senior team and contribute.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Mayne certainly never got a second chance last year after being dropped after round 3 and its quite understandable he feels like he has been denied opportunities.

Sounds like a solid character who will never drop his head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursdays training brief wrap up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back