Thursdays training brief wrap up

Remove this Banner Ad

Mayne certainly never got a second chance last year after being dropped after round 3 and its quite understandable he feels like he has been denied opportunities.

Sounds like a solid character who will never drop his head.
He had basically a whole season of VFL matches to put his hand up and earn a second chance. If he had done this I'm sure he might have got one.

Last edited:
Had a chat with one of Chris Maynes ex Freo team mates this week, and as of yesterday he was still in the dark as to whether he was going to be selected.

Said that Mayne seems to feel a bit hard done by that he hasn't gotten a decent run at it. But is really keen to do what it takes to get back in the senior team and contribute.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Hard done by, he gets 500k per year to be a spud

He had basically a whole season of VFL matches to put his hand up and earn a second chance. If he had done this I'm sure he might have got one.

Thats quite possible.

Or maybe he did put his hand up and was overlooked. I dont intend to do a full review of the VFl season though. Others like Cox Kirby and Daicos may well have had the same claims.

My main point however is that it seems his attitude is impeccible, not that he was ripped off.

Just finished up from training. First time I've been for a few years.

Here's a few findings that will interest a lot of you.

-Chris Mayne took no part in any ball drills. Only did light running, looked to be struggling. Possible niggle? I'd be surprised if he plays this week very surprised.

-Sam Mclarty trained well. Spoke to him after the game and can confirm he won't be playing this week. Down played it and said "what can you do" but is "enjoyng" his footy.

-Levi did a few laps, wont play, obviously.

-Fasolo is "one week away" from returning.

-Treloar got on the track pretty late, did a bit of light running and a few drills with the group. Read into this what you will.

-Mason Cox was one of the last four on the track only doing marking drills. Constantly being reminded to use his hands well. A few poor return kicks to the coaches.

-Match simulation, not much has changed. Same old kicking with the switch and turning it over. Pretty concerning.

-Hoskin Elliott going for a spoil, taking out the media blokes camera set up and the media bloke, injuring the media bloke in the process. Only at collingwood.

Sent from my CPH1715 using Tapatalk
Can’t believe they practice that transition crap and stuff it up in match simulation also. This is too much!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed this in the press today, surely if they are trying to get Wells fit they would play him?

Daniel Wells, meanwhile, will not feature against his old club.

“Simply put, it’s a load management issue,” General Manager of Football Geoff Walsh said.

“It’s part of his build up to full match fitness as he looks to play in the VFL next week.”

-Chris Mayne took no part in any ball drills. Only did light running, looked to be struggling. Possible niggle? I'd be surprised if he plays this week very surprised.

You will be surprised, very surprised, you will be STUNNED

Chris Mayne is our secret weapon that we’ve been hiding under wraps for nigh on 18 months now.

Holding him back from the training session on the eve of his big reveal is merely the contunation of a very clever subterfuge.

Chris Mayne has been working up to this behind the scenes for 18 months. This week he has been named as an emergency.

You just watch, on Saturday a player will mysteriously go down ill. That player will be carried out of the changing rooms on a stretcher writhing in feigned agony, stopping briefly to exchange a wink with Mayne, who will nod and calmly unzipper his tracksuit.

The radio game preview shows will announce that Chris Mayne is a late inclusion ... to the groans and rolling eyes of all the Collingwood fans at the ground. When that happens Mayne will give a knowing smile and direct a nod to Nathan Buckley, who will nod back.

The ball will be bounced ...

... and GWS will be STUNNED

Chris Mayne will lead a masterclass in how to play football in a way that it has never been played before. GWS won’t even score - they’ll end the game with doughnuts. Collingwood will kick a world record score, half of it off the boot of Chris Mayne.

Everybody at the ground will be STUNNED , it’ll become one of those “where we’re you when ...?” moments: kinda like the 1930 Grand Final except bigger.

You just watch, you read about it here first ;)

images

Last edited:
Wasn't the entire game.

Yeah based off one game. One trainning session before a Intra Club. Stop with your negative bulldust.

Brown claims it wasn't the day before the intra that he attended the one earlier in the week, said you don't do an hour of contested ball work followed by 1.5hrs of drills the night before a intra.

Followed it up that it wasn't his only training he had attended of pies over preseason. Hmm.

Mayne certainly never got a second chance last year after being dropped after round 3 and its quite understandable he feels like he has been denied opportunities.

Sounds like a solid character who will never drop his head.

Sounds like he gets paid 500k pa to keep rocking up and playing a sport he loves. I don't know a single person who'd walk away from that deal.

IF McLarty is Training Well.

Why is he not Playing?

Because he needs to be kept in cotton wool for 7 years before we decide if he is any good and then delist him. Our development plan in action

Any other club would have the kid in every match they could get into him to build him up.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursdays training brief wrap up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back