Roast Ticketex - Hopeless!!

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI to all those who wish to get tickets for any MCG match this year through ticketek

Ok.......my brother this morning had to wait for almost 2 hours in line at ticketex this morning to get our reserved seats for Round 1. sure enough he may put in his 2 cents worth on this forum later!!!

supposedly there were only around 10 people ahead of him and he was quite suprised that the people at the counter had no clue really on how to book tickets for the footy at the MCG

so be aware for those who wish to book Round 1 tickets or any other at the G, make sure you get in early or maybe book online to get MSG tickets

Or perhaps just instruct the people not to go to the outlet that you went to?

probably true....was chadstone!!!

but never had any luck with great service through Ticketek before, so its just a warning!!

Well that brother is me.

What the main issue was is that some other games eg Anzac day match went on sale today also.

Now, the issue with this particular outlet was this was the first time it had been used either by the newsagents or by the person operating it. It took forever to serve one person.

Firstly, there was a ticket system, where you get a ticket so you keep your place in line. Found out purely by accident and lucky we got one. No warning etc.

Secondly, when we finally got served, there was one fault start because we could only get 16 tix in one transaction (i was with a friend and we needed 18.) So we split it up. Though we were only told when she was about the confirm the booking after we had picked where we wanted to sit and details.

The next fault start was putting in details incorrectly. So she had to start again.

I finally did my tix and had to tell her 2 times that my guest passes were concession. So twice we had to start all over again.

Now a big slap to Ticketek and the AFL. Ticketek - Surely they would have trained users on how to operate the damn system? This poor girl had no idea and every time she made a mistake she was getting more and more frustrated, mind you so was everyone else in line, and kept dropping the F-bomb.

Classy to say the least!

Now to the AFL. Why would they release X amount of games on the same day? Wouldnt it be logical to separate games and days when tix go on sale to stop a mad rush and frustration amongst the tix operators and customers?

It almost pays to buy your tix on line and pay the booking fee.

FYI to all those who wish to get tickets for any MCG match this year through ticketek

Ok.......my brother this morning had to wait for almost 2 hours in line at ticketex this morning to get our reserved seats for Round 1. sure enough he may put in his 2 cents worth on this forum later!!!

supposedly there were only around 10 people ahead of him and he was quite suprised that the people at the counter had no clue really on how to book tickets for the footy at the MCG

so be aware for those who wish to book Round 1 tickets or any other at the G, make sure you get in early or maybe book online to get MSG tickets

is that the new Chinese stadium.....

Well that brother is me.

What the main issue was is that some other games eg Anzac day match went on sale today also.

Now, the issue with this particular outlet was this was the first time it had been used either by the newsagents or by the person operating it. It took forever to serve one person.

Firstly, there was a ticket system, where you get a ticket so you keep your place in line. Found out purely by accident and lucky we got one. No warning etc.

Secondly, when we finally got served, there was one fault start because we could only get 16 tix in one transaction (i was with a friend and we needed 18.) So we split it up. Though we were only told when she was about the confirm the booking after we had picked where we wanted to sit and details.

The next fault start was putting in details incorrectly. So she had to start again.

I finally did my tix and had to tell her 2 times that my guest passes were concession. So twice we had to start all over again.

Now a big slap to Ticketek and the AFL. Ticketek - Surely they would have trained users on how to operate the damn system? This poor girl had no idea and every time she made a mistake she was getting more and more frustrated, mind you so was everyone else in line, and kept dropping the F-bomb.

Classy to say the least!

Now to the AFL. Why would they release X amount of games on the same day? Wouldnt it be logical to separate games and days when tix go on sale to stop a mad rush and frustration amongst the tix operators and customers?

It almost pays to buy your tix on line and pay the booking fee.

Hey Dorotich and Pamam (also any other AFL members)

Sorry that you had that experience. Just so you know, ON LINE is better.:thumbsu::thumbsu: I actually bought my tickets on line this morning through Ticketek and it was simpler than the Ticketmaster system. I logged in at 8.55am and had my tickets by 9.05am. P21 good seats.:) The system also told you what areas still had tickets available. ie: N, M Open or Roof, P or Q.

To add insult to injury, you don't pay a booking fee with Ticketek if you use the online booking system, just the reserved seat of $5.50.

I hate lining up for tickets. Had the same problem lining up last year but what does concern me is how they will cope when the AFL members grand final tickets go on sale later in the year (you cannnot use on line for this). Let's hope they iron out their problems well before then.

Hope you got good seats anyway guys.:)

I tried to book online at 9am. I needed 16 tickets. It said that the maximum in any one transaction was 16. So far so good. Entered all the barcodes but the system wouldn't give me 16. Tried every area- even up in Q. No go. Tried for 7 tickets and that was fine. Problem is I needed 16 together. Off to Chaddy I go and waited in line for over an hour. Had to talk to Richmond and Collingwood supporters. What makes it worse is that it's my birthday!!

I tried to book online at 9am. I needed 16 tickets. It said that the maximum in any one transaction was 16. So far so good. Entered all the barcodes but the system wouldn't give me 16. Tried every area- even up in Q. No go. Tried for 7 tickets and that was fine. Problem is I needed 16 together. Off to Chaddy I go and waited in line for over an hour. Had to talk to Richmond and Collingwood supporters. What makes it worse is that it's my birthday!!

Happy Birthday champ :thumbsu:

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that problem. I needed 8 tickets and it worked great. Hope you have a good birthday anyway despite having to talk to the Unwashed Masses in the line at Chaddy!!:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only advantage of going into Ticketek/Ticketmaster is you're able to point out seats on the map and they can book exact seats. The website is random, and you can get stuck with duds when better seats are available.

My ticket-tek debacle day started at 8:30am.

I went to the 163 Spring St office to find 3 people in front of me.... a good sign so I thought.
2 windows open at 9am sharp - another good sign I thought.
2 ladies proceed to take 25 & 30 minutes respectively to sort their aresnal of tickets out & I make my way to the counter at 9:30.
All I want is 4 tickets to be upgraded to reserve seats.
I am then told - no tickets....... not in a row, only singles spread across different areas.
The guy serving shows me the levels and screens he sees.
Basically because the AFL / MCG didnt release all the bays he none on offer.
He advises me to just hang tight & not give up my spot, he basically just kept refreshing the screen on various levels for over 20 minutes and amazingly.... presto, I get 4 seats, 2nd row of level 2a, bay 24.
Brilliant seats, but the poor people behind me are still waiting in line at 9:55 as I take off, with basically only 4 people served.

The problem wasnt actually ticket-tek but the AFL/MCG.

They knew it would be a huge demand, they should have opened up & released more than the initial pitiful amount of seats they allocated in the first instance.

A sensible system would automatically trigger another bay or several bays to be released once the current capacity remaining hit say 80%.

Anyway, I hope all the paient & long suffering Carltonians got their seats.

What a debacle.

alot of people dont make up their minds on where they are going to sit until they are being served , thats why you see people standing at the front of the queue thinking about where they wanna sit

In a seat preferably smurf :p

Got our tickets last Monday for the Richmond game & had no problems at all.

There was no queue and the wonderful lady at the Southland outlet was on the ball as she was a footy fan & she also knew the Ticketek system.
Took appr 10 minutes.

We had to go back on Tuesday to purchase our away seats for the Hawks & Pies game as there was a glitch in the system for those 2 games.

So the Southland outlet is the go for those that live in the South Eastern suburbs :thumbsu:

In a seat preferably smurf :p

Got our tickets last Monday for the Richmond game & had no problems at all.

There was no queue and the wonderful lady at the Southland outlet was on the ball as she was a footy fan & she also knew the Ticketek system.
Took appr 10 minutes.

We had to go back on Tuesday to purchase our away seats for the Hawks & Pies game as there was a glitch in the system for those 2 games.

So the Southland outlet is the go for those that live in the South Eastern suburbs :thumbsu:

Are you sitting in the heavens ohh goddess one ??

I prefer to go to the outlet at least that way I know that we get the seats we want.

Online is a pain as you don't get to chose your seats & I refuse to do ccard transactions online ;)

As i found out today ! also found out level 1 for afl members have not even been released yet :mad: someone please correct me if im wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Ticketex - Hopeless!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back