Tiger Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Cogs

Rookie
Oct 2, 2004
Other Teams
Richmond
Went down to Punt Road this morning with a mate and watched richmond train for two hours and overall i was very impressed and i know some of the people who use these forums would not get the chance to view much of richmond's pre-season so i thought i'd post what i saw.
- Deledio showed skill and presence of mind and also appeared to very strong overhead.
- Tambling showed pace and clean hands, was matched up in a drill against krakouer and made him look slow
- Coughlan appeared to be looking very fit and has bulked up, good signs of conditioning
- Hilton although he made it through the whole session was always moving gingerly on that knee of his
- The two experienced draft pick-ups, Troy Simmonds and Mark Graham trained well and gave the club a fresh atmosphere, with Graham looking as if he will be mentor to our future backline duo of Schultz and Jackson, Simmonds went in very hard and took some very strong marks in contested situations.
- I spoke to Terry Wallace in person and asked him what he thought of our recruits and said they had the "pace" he was looking for and he was very excited with some of the talkented key postitions players we had drafted.
So the future looks up for tiger fans and i hope you enjoy reading my observations from today's training session :)

- Also a new blonde tall bloke with a mop hair style, really looked the goods although i do not know his name or know if we drafted him

Cogs said:
- Also a new blonde tall bloke with a mop hair style, really looked the goods although i do not know his name or know if we drafted him

i was there today aswell! i also saw him but had no idea of name! he did looks the goods! pretty tall aswell! who was the guy who was in rehab doin heaps of running with schultz?

Haychf I am also unaware of his name unfortunately and i think kirby would be the way to go if he is the player you think i'm describing

Cogs said:
Haychf I am also unaware of his name unfortunately and i think kirby would be the way to go if he is the player you think i'm describing

he was very tall and played on richo! he dun allright and put up a good fight. how tAll is kirby? cause he didnt look that young?

Hammerfire said:
I've actually heard the exact opposite, that he appeared quite lost and nervous, can someone confirm or deny this??

nah he looked pretty confident over head...... he is looking the goods..... they had two little practice matches today and he had a go in the midle..... he was constantly getting the hard ball gets and quikly handballing it off. he looks like he has been around afl for bout 2-3 years ..... :D

Bentleigh said:
What Kirby? 19?

im not sure who it was.... he had blonde mop type hair and looked like he was 23 years of age quite tall, and played on richo and put up a decent fight! pretty thin build tho..... if its is kirkby then i say select him over any one in the pre-season draft! he looks tall enough to have a go in the ruck as well! got any extra info cogs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's Kirby's Bio, which i got off footydraft.com

Ruory Kirkby

Details:
Club: Echuca/Bendigo
DOB: 2 April 1986 Hgt: 192cm Wgt: 81kg
Position: Centre Half Forward/Centre Half Back
Natural Foot: Left

Honours:
Victoria Country 2004
All Australian 2004
Back Pocket in TAC Cup Team of the Year 2004
National Draft Camp 2004

TAC Stats:
2004: 10 games, 1 goal, 12.1 PPG

Strengths: Kirkby has been one of the surprise packets of 2004, going from his local side Echuca in April to All-Australian selection in July. He is a very slight key position player who has done well at centre-half back and centre-half forward. Ruory has exceptional foot skills for a big man, can nail targets very well. Is a good mark and usually a good set shot, and can also kick goals on the run.

He really stepped up at the Carnival, doing a good job in defence on Ryan Willits and excelling at centre-half forward in the other two matches.

Weaknesses: Kirkby still needs to add a lot of weight to his frame before he can play AFL. There might be a question mark over whether his carnival was just a flash in the pan, and he still needs to work on his ability below his knees. Not that quick off the mark.

Footydraft.com comment: Bit of a gamble taking him early based on a few good months, but there is plenty to work with. It would be understandable if he slipped down the order a bit because clubs might not have seen enough good performances.
Cogs is now off to bed and will return early tomorrow, have a good one guys

haychf said:
im not sure who it was.... he had blonde mop type hair and looked like he was 23 years of age quite tall, and played on richo and put up a decent fight! pretty thin build tho..... if its is kirkby then i say select him over any one in the pre-season draft! he looks tall enough to have a go in the ruck as well! got any extra info cogs?

No, i know who he is mate.

A very good KKP/ruck which was expected to go in the draft, top 20 by some peoples predictions.

One of the best players not to get drafted. Id like him with the number in the psd. Id take him over McKee, maybe. However i think Plough would go for McKee.

i found out info on kirkby and saw a pic of him, but its not the guy me and cogs are talking about! i really wanna find out who he was? if anyone has info on the guy cogs and i have described or ne ideas on who he may be please post! :D

Damn, that's really annoying, i'm sure someone will have to know who he is or where he is from though

i doubt wether it was kelvin moore, this guy was almost ruckman size, had a wirey frame and had brown hair with blonde through it in a mop-style hair cut

yeh maybe i heard a lot of comments from players such as ritzy and ritz, so it may well be him

I am interested in going down to tsee the boys train and i was just wondering if anybody knows when they are training? Is there a training schedule somewhere, or is it more a case of going down to Punt rd and hoping they are training?

Captain_Brown_7 said:
I am interested in going down to tsee the boys train and i was just wondering if anybody knows when they are training? Is there a training schedule somewhere, or is it more a case of going down to Punt rd and hoping they are training?
You can see times on richmonds website

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiger Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back