Tiller, Tiller, Tiller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiller will be a great player??? Who for Nar Nar Goon..... an under 10's player could have hit Cooney today from 15 meters away. Yes he may be playing out of position but the mistakes he made today were when he was under no pressure, turnovers, misjudged marks, missed tackles, he had one good shepard in the middle of the ground and that was it.

I am going to Brisbane this week and shudder to think if he is lining up on Bradshaw, Brennan, etc.

Unfortunately he is not up to it and hasn't been evertime he has played this year. You people who think he is or is going to make a good player must be watching different games to the rest of us.

Tiller will be a great player??? Who for Nar Nar Goon..... an under 10's player could have hit Cooney today from 15 meters away. Yes he may be playing out of position but the mistakes he made today were when he was under no pressure, turnovers, misjudged marks, missed tackles, he had one good shepard in the middle of the ground and that was it.

I am going to Brisbane this week and shudder to think if he is lining up on Bradshaw, Brennan, etc.

Unfortunately he is not up to it and hasn't been evertime he has played this year. You people who think he is or is going to make a good player must be watching different games to the rest of us.

At-least it won't be so cold!

By the way what about Hanh's shank that caused a turnover and North kicked a goal. That's OK because its Hanh right. Your guys are full off it really need to pull your heads in and get your hand off it.

Bagging kids still learning the game just makes you look stupid. Like bagging an L plater learning to drive.

You have got your hand on it if you think that Tiller is going to be a player. How long has he been there and how many games has he played. Lets face it he is only getting a game because he is 192 cms. He unfortunately like a lot of players is not going to make it.

Not sure which Hahn kick you were talking about as he shanks most of them....

And yes hopefully it will be warmer!

He's only 21, 192cm and played only handful of games. He's got good size, can run and tackle. He needs to work on his disposal and trust his first instinct. With Williams out ,Wight showing not much before his injury and Everitt sadly out of form Tiller is having to learn on the job. He is better than anything else we have got at the moment and worth perservering with.

Tiller will come good.

He has the tools, minus the skill level we've supposedly been blessed with down at Whitten Oval and does show a bit most weeks only to have it undone by errors. They'll get ironed out and he'll end up finding a good role in the seniors at some stage. At the moment he struggles, but I think he's going to find his feet. Probably best suited to playing forward.

Poor Tillsy copped a cruel and unfortunate comparison spray from a GC Kangaroos supporter this morning at work.

He said, and I quote "I didn't realise you guys had your own version of Leigh Brown"

On yesterdays performance it is probably justified but I'm happy to give the kid another chance, he is a lot better than what he showed yesterday.

i'll admit tiller was poor, but cooney was even worse than tiller in the first half
the entire team was bad so don't single tiller out, he lifted in the second half just like everyone else

Sure he may get 10 even but Lake should be able to beat Roughead and if he does there scoring starts to dry up.

Thats the other big problem. Lake does not consistantly beat the likes of Roughead.

He beats them about 2/3rds of the time, then suffers a concentration lapse.

I'm going to step in to defend Tiller.

Tiller's playing in our defence for a few reasons, being that we have few other options (Everitt is the only other fit tall before we turn to the developing players like O'Shea), we want some hardness at the ball back there and he has been playing well for Williamstown.

Tiller reminds me a lot of Addison last year, does a lot of the tough stuff like shepards and spoils but can often undo his good work through poor disposal or decision making. Addison has shown however that this can be improved. Ik now for a fact that last week against Sydney he was ranked third best in the side for chases, spoils and blocks, ranked only behind Dale Morris and Josh Hill (for his chases), so Eade clearly looks to him to provide us some hardness in defence.

His issue yesterday were largely two things, that he screwed up a 15m pass on the run that led to a goal, and that he continually misjudged the flight of the ball in marking attempts.

The positives that Tiller provides are that he can play as a tall at either end, and his willingness to do the team things help our side. At the moment he is probably the best option for this role, as we don't really have anyone else to bring in apart from the out of form Everitt.

Regarding who plays on Buddy should Williams not come up, the unlucky player would be Dale Morris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was Mark MacLure that said on the ABC radio commentary immediately after Tiller coughed up the intercept.

He thought the most disturbing aspect was that none of the Bulldog senior players went over to Tiller after it to console or even just talk to him. He indictated that considering Tiller is still a very inexperienced player at this level, because no one went to him that he saw the Dog's as having a disturbing underlying on feild leadership problem.

Now considering we supposedly have all these onfeild leaders who can find the time to ban players from doing handstands, or complaining to players doing handstands about breaking team rules.

I think that is disgusting.....Shame to the leadership group :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::(:mad:

I think it was Mark MacLure that said on the ABC radio commentary immediately after Tiller coughed up the intercept.

He thought the most disturbing aspect was that none of the Bulldog senior players went over to Tiller after it to console or even just talk to him.
Bull. I saw three players walk over to him - Lake, Morris & Callan from memory (although the third may have been Shaggy). Two of them were after the goal was kicked.

He thought the most disturbing aspect was that none of the Bulldog senior players went over to Tiller after it to console or even just talk to him. He indictated that considering Tiller is still a very inexperienced player at this level, because no one went to him that he saw the Dog's as having a disturbing underlying on feild leadership problem.

Now considering we supposedly have all these onfeild leaders who can find the time to ban players from doing handstands, or complaining to players doing handstands about breaking team rules.

I think that is disgusting.....Shame to the leadership group :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::(:mad:

Not true, happened in front of me, Morris and at least two other players consoled him with a pat on the back and a "next time' message (I assume). Interesting in the last quarter he was confronted by exactly the same situation only closer to goal and drilled the target.

Remember media people like to sum up situations into packages, like they do when there is "defining moment in a game".

Not true, happened in front of me, Morris and at least two other players consoled him with a pat on the back and a "next time' message (I assume). Interesting in the last quarter he was confronted by exactly the same situation only closer to goal and drilled the target.

Remember media people like to sum up situations into packages, like they do when there is "defining moment in a game".

Well McClure has shown he is a snake in the grass.

He can move over and stand next or behind another similar type Grant Thomas.

Bull. I saw three players walk over to him - Lake, Morris & Callan from memory (although the third may have been Shaggy). Two of them were after the goal was kicked.

I too saw the players console him. One of the players was Cooney. Tiller definitely was not our worse yesterday. His skill level lets him down sometimes but his endeavour can never been questioned.

and what games where you watching last year boofa? forgetting the only player who was giving us a good forward option at the end of the season when no1 else was. his leading role as a forward was good and kicked a few goals. this year he has been moved into defence and is learning it so don't be so hard on him.

Watched every game last year as I have done this year.

He is not up to it!! Yes he may be played out of position and may not be a backman but the fundamentals are not there, everyone says his tackling is good, when he sticks every 5th one, he was running under the ball for marking contests on Sunday, running around in no mans land without a man, beaten in one on ones and his skills and decision making are not at the skill required.

I hope that he does make it and I am proved wrong but I don't believe I will be, unfortunately he is being played because there are few other options as Eade has said. If and when we get a few back from injury he won't be played imo. And yes he is not on his patmalone as there are plenty of others that are struggling with him.

He's only 21, 192cm and played only handful of games. He's got good size, can run and tackle. He needs to work on his disposal and trust his first instinct. With Williams out ,Wight showing not much before his injury and Everitt sadly out of form Tiller is having to learn on the job. He is better than anything else we have got at the moment and worth perservering with.
Spot on.. Tiller is a hard body we need right now and when he missed the pass Cooney, he then gave him a pat on the back after the goal was kicked.

Bagging kids still learning the game just makes you look stupid. Like bagging an L plater learning to drive.

Spot on, gee I wish I had said this!

After a loss BF is full of grumpy people who, not being able to find a defenceless cat to kick, pick the next softest target, an inexperienced kid trying his guts out. We didn't lose because of Tiller. We lost because Cooney, Aker and Griffen have lost their mojo in the centre and up forward. Or should I say, we were winning earlier this year because all three of these players were contenders in all the various media best player awards. These three drop down from exceptional to just simply good, suddenly we go from contenders to making up the numbers.

I am really sick of the attacks on the bottom end players. Of course they will make mistakes, that's why they are bottom end players. I will tell you a secret, in the finals if Cooney, Griffen and Aker don't come to play it won't matter who we play out of Ward, or Hill, or Wight, or Harbrow, or Tiller, or O'Keefe, or Everitt.

Oh, and one last thing before I get off the soap box. It seems that BF rules dictate that you can't get excited until after the last week in September, but you must get depressed immediately after any loss from January onwards.

Only one thing depressed me on Sunday and that was our lack of pressure on the ball carrier, a crime Tiller wasn't guilty of. Also Eade has been spot on all season in his statements of where the team is at. He is still talking positively and I am still enjoying the ride. I actually believe Cooney et al can turn it around and I am sure our 21st and 22nd players will do their bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiller, Tiller, Tiller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back