Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if there will be anyone missing his solid 11 disposals or his ability to go back after we get spanked by Brisbane.

He’s turned the corner alright.
Straight into a brick wall.

IllConcernedEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty disrespectful posts on this thread.

If you can’t say something nice, just say nothing at at all.

Particularly about a guy who wears our jumper.

5 touches and 2 marks today.

If it were up to me I'd stamp his papers and play him in the twos for the rest of the year before sending him on his way because mentally he doesn't have what it takes. Perhaps a change of club may convince him to hang onto those marks he is so loathe to take, but I see no future for him at Hawthorn. If six years on the list isn't enough to get his shit together then it ain't gonna happen.

Can’t believe people think that effort is a negotiable act!! It isn’t, so put that aside, Melbourne demons would be scratching their f***ing heads!!! Honestly, please Clarko pick Schoenmakers from here on in.

So what would you like everyone to write? It’s very hard to be positive on his contribution at the moment.

How about a little footy analysis?
How about going to a game, watching his play and his movement and discussing it from a first-hand viewpoint?

I know it's the BigFooty way, but it's so very easy for some anonymous internet nobody to come on here and just insult players.

Not sure what the match committee is doing selecting TO, Cegs and McEvoy....

Surely with McEvoy and Cegs we have the ruck covered and a tall forward option that can bring the ball to ground; hence a more mobile lead-up player who can help straighten us up, like Schoey, might be a better punt; or adding another midfielder, like Cuz or Lovell.

Anyway, TO's 9 games this year have provided the following averages:
- Kicks (7.1)
- Handballs (3.7)
- Disposals (10.8)
- Marks (2.8)
- Hit Outs (2.6)
- Tackles (1.6)
- Goals (0.3)

Would love to know what the club is expecting of him in games. It's clearly not getting the ball, kicking goals, taking marks or providing forward pressure. Perhaps it is providing decoy leads. Do any of the AFL data companies provide a stat on 'leads not honoured'?

I thought he was a little better today. For me, his repeat efforts looked better. His last few games in the 1s I thought he dropped out of the contest too easily after an almost mark.

His almost marks were a bit exciting today. I'd like to see him get a few more almost marks. Does he get a rest next week or go back to Box Hill? Or is that not allowed as he played AFL this week?

The only thing he did that really disappointed me was his set shot in the 1st quarter(?) after he took a nice uncontested mark. When you're TO'B, you can't be missing low angle 40m set shots at goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back