Time for the AFL to put a freeze on the current AFL premiership season

Remove this Banner Ad

white-collar-crime-7.jpg

Same old Carlton.....

Enough is enough! The reigning premiers are not winning because of too many injuries. Croad is out possibly for the season, Lewis is out etc etc blah blah blah.

Even the effect of Luke "Mr Olympia" Hodge has been minimal. No doubt because he plays injured all the time. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Hodgey's currently playing without his lungs, liver and kidneys. He's a marvel is Hodgey.

So Demetriou, do the right thing. Freeze the current season until the Hawks nurse their stars back to full fitness. I dont care if it takes 1 week, 1 month or 1 year, just do it FFS! :mad: Ideally, I would like to see the current season results be scrapped from the record books and we re-start the 2009 season when and only when Hawthorn is ready.

Hawthorn's depth is much vaunted amongst themselves. It hasnt done much for them so far so surely, as a bare minimum, the freeze should be on!

Can they freeze it long enough for Rioli to get over his second year blue's??

STFU bandwagoner!

What? April 09? Looks like you missed the boat buddy!

I've been through this before, but since you are obviously a little slow, I'll do it again just for your benefit.

Definition of 'Bandwagon':

1. a particular activity or cause that has suddenly become fashionable or popular

2. join others in doing or supporting something likely to be successful

We are one of, if not the most successful club in the past 50 years. Also, we have the highest return of Grand Final victories in relation to finals played.

Hence, we ARE successful!!!!

Therefore, by definition, no Hawthorn supporter can ever be accused of jumping aboard the 'bandwagon'.

Now, on your stupid OP. We don't need your, the AFL's, the umpires, or anyones help with anything.

We can hold our heads high knowing that the current minor setback is as a result of our team suffering injuries received playing tough, uncompromising football, all in pursuit of attaining the ultimate prize.

You, however, should hang your head in shame, as everyone knows that your current good fortune rides on the back of years of cheating, and an oversized cheque book.

And remember Barry, the good Lord never closes a door without opening a window, and while your reveling in a couple of Hawk loses, our kids are getting more and more game time, further strengthening our depth, and adding years to our reign of dominance.

What a pity your cheating, scumbag mob of flogs have chosen now to start their climb from the bottom.

When the Hawks are flying again, you'll just be making up the numbers.

Good idea, this would give Carlton the premiership, and the AFL would do anything to handball them some success.

Carlton = Gold Coast :thumbsu:

AFL sanctioned cheating is alive and well.

Therefore, by definition, no Hawthorn supporter can ever be accused of jumping aboard the 'bandwagon'.

Sure they can, when the going gets tough.....the hawthorn supporters are no where to be seen. How was your membership and crowd figures when you guys were near the bottom of the ladder?

Unlike Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and Collingwood. Your crowds disappear without success

We are one of, if not the most successful club in the past 50 years. Also, we have the highest return of Grand Final victories in relation to finals played.

Hence, we ARE successful!!!!

So successful you came within a hairs breadth of merging with Melbourne and subsequently sold your supporter base out to another state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So successful you came within a hairs breadth of merging with Melbourne and subsequently sold your supporter base out to another state.

Clearly I was talking about on-field success, but if you'd like to highlight any other events that have, in one way or another, led to us being one of the most successful clubs off-field as well, I wont stop you.

Clearly I was talking about on-field success, but if you'd like to highlight any other events that have, in one way or another, led to us being one of the most successful clubs off-field as well, I wont stop you.

Pity your "on-field success" has not prevented the wheels from falling of the bandwagon when the Hawks experience a period of non-success on the field.

One would think your historical on-field success might have generated loyal supporters who attend games of football regardless of their teams on-field success.

Not to be I'm afraid, will be interesting to compare crowd attendance figures this week with last years game against Nth.

Which only reinforces how successful we are.

To be able to go to the brink and turn that around within 10years to be one of the top dogs financially, speaks volumes about being successful and I am sure you mean increased our supporter base by again thinking outside the square not selling them out, the membership figures reflect that.

Sure they can, when the going gets tough.....the hawthorn supporters are no where to be seen. How was your membership and crowd figures when you guys were near the bottom of the ladder?

Unlike Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and Collingwood. Your crowds disappear without success

i) Membership numbers from all of the clubs listed tend to follow roughly the same kind of trend line as shown below.

For example memberships tended to go down between 2004 and 2006 for some reason.

(Couldn't find Collingwood numbers, but in truth they are probably the exception to the rule - always have good numbers and well done for it.)

ii) There has been a very heavy push from clubs on memberships rather than just game day attendence in the past three or four years. In addition Victorian football is in a period of resurgance, and hence the incline upwards on membership numbers.

iii) This recent upward trend just happens to have coincided with a Hawthorn premiership, who have managed to continue the upward trend rather than plateau.

iv) We can't really try and correlate Richmond's membership numbers to it's performance because it always finishes 9th.

membership.png

All club membership numbers cycle up and down. But just like a good stock, the next bull run tends to outdo that last loss. Hawthorn may lose a few of these "bandwagon" supporters one day, but the new baseline has been set. It's up to the other clubs to catch up now.

Are you serious? Shit, Bay 13 is becoming a place for dumbshits to take dumps in. That is one of the shittest posts Ive ever read.. if your gonna make a thread - make it well, even if it is about the Hawks, because you know, everyone cant stop talking about them and all. :D

Are you serious? Shit, Bay 13 is becoming a place for dumbshits to take dumps in. That is one of the shittest posts Ive ever read.. if your gonna make a thread - make it well, even if it is about the Hawks, because you know, everyone cant stop talking about them and all. :D

Geez, this is all the thanks I get from ungrateful Hawks fans when all I am trying to do is assist your club find its feet again.

But then again, at 0-2, you guys have things on your mind other than football.

This is a very fair suggestion.
And if anyone knows what justice means, it has to be the learned Barry Zuckercorn QC.

If he's that learned get him to come up with a way for the Blues to stop relying on the AFL teat to keep them going.

Good questions j-ham and I dont have the answers right now. Perhaps they could organise some sort of competition.

For instance, every Hawthorn supporter that attends a game puts their name on a piece of paper. In turn, the name is then put in a barrel and at half time, a name is drawn out. If your name is drawn and you are male, you get to have sex with the Hawthorn player of your choice. If you are a female, your name is put back in the barrel. Sorry ladies.

That’s a bit rich considering the obvious fantasies about Bryce Gibbs shown on these forums.

Pity your "on-field success" has not prevented the wheels from falling of the bandwagon when the Hawks experience a period of non-success on the field.

One would think your historical on-field success might have generated loyal supporters who attend games of football regardless of their teams on-field success.

Not to be I'm afraid, will be interesting to compare crowd attendance figures this week with last years game against Nth.

[Bolded] That's a bit ironic coming from a Richmond supporter, isn't it?

Yeah I've heard you Hawthorn blokes arent too keen on teats.

Luckily there's big difference between a teat and a tit.

I can loan you the money for you to learn that if you like. We'll just hold off the repayment indefinitely, we know you'll be good for it cause you're coming. Like Australia Post, eventually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for the AFL to put a freeze on the current AFL premiership season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back