News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

It is widely held that states closing their borders to protect their populations is not unconstitutional under s.92.

"However, constitutional experts contacted by Fact Check said it has long been accepted by the courts that there can be valid exceptions to these prohibitions, where it is necessary to protect the people of a state from the risk of injury from inbound goods, animals, and people."

Get your facts together, or I will come for you again!
I’m talking about s 117

what do you mean ‘it is widely held’? The only people who can say are the High Court.

This season is a waste of time and none of the teams are performing any where near what they are capable of, No crowds is having a significant factor on the performance of players as it would feel like a JLT series game each week..

My team has lost 2 games in a row that I wouldn't never have expected and I don't really care that much... If I can't be there , then it is not the same.

Will the Brownlow be presented to an empty room?
Yea lets call off the season because Richmond are hot garbage this year.

Have they already found a proven method to confirm the effectiveness of that? I knew it’s a possibility, but they still needed to research how quickly virus borne disease lasted in poo samples.

I’d be surprised if they have considering the worlds first saliva COVID tests are only just starting today
Good article here:

I remember when the interstate hubs were first discussed, Gil said that the Adelaide teams should hub outside of SA because it would be unfair otherwise.
Oh and don’t forget the ultimate equaliser “clubs outside vic” can’t train in more than groups of 2 until vic clubs can”...
Which brings me to my next point-

🤔 so apparently vic clubs can only train in groups of ten now ?? , mixed between positions?

how come this wasn't introduced across the rest of the clubs then?... I mean there would be an unfair advantage to non vic clubs...-strange how they no longer care on that one!

**** me y'all are as bad as each other, Interstate side gloating over the plague and Vic's sooking it up about traveling.

Just move interstate and get it done, at least they are allowed crowds. Move the GF to Perth as well so they can finally stop the 'i'll never get to see a GF whinge'

And this is why everyone is laughing at Victoria. Get a job with the Vic media. The combination of ignorance, arrogance, saltiness and the willingness to push a lie based on zero evidence is perfect

Well then it must have been Simmo's doppleganger that I saw in the tv news services threatening that the Eagles will leave the hub early and fly back to WA if they were going to be made to quarantine in hotels on their return to WA.

If they were allowed to quarantine at home with their families then they would see out their full commitment to their time in Qld.

It wasn't fair on the mental health of their staff / players to be apart from their families for up to 7 weeks he said.

Point out anything in this that Simmo didn't say?

Yes it's admirable that as the head of the coaching and playing group that he's come out on the front foot and stuck up for them, but only the most diehard Eagles supporter (which to be fair is pretty much all of you) would agree that 2 weeks was probably a bit too soon. During the presser, Simmo actually looked like he was under the pump himself.

Oh and don’t forget the ultimate equaliser “clubs outside vic” can’t train in more than groups of 2 until vic clubs can”...
Which brings me to my next point-

🤔 so apparently vic clubs can only train in groups of ten now ?? , mixed between positions?

how come this wasn't introduced across the rest of the clubs then?... I mean there would be an unfair advantage to non vic clubs...-strange how they no longer care on that one!

You know Vic clubs were allowed to train as a full squad but the AFL limited it to 10's because the other states were only allowed 10.

sometimes your whinging is just laughable

fu** me y'all are as bad as each other, Interstate side gloating over the plague and Vic's sooking it up about traveling.

Just move interstate and get it done, at least they are allowed crowds. Move the GF to Perth as well so they can finally stop the 'i'll never get to see a GF whinge'

Do they get the batmobile and Angry Anderson like Waverley did for 1991?

Will WC, ADE, Freo & Port take a 5% pay cut during Rounds 8-13 to compensate the Victorian teams having to go to WA to hub over there? ;)

There needs to be more objectivity looked at this situation from a competition wide angle rather than a "How did my club get disadvantaged".
I guess some teams have never had to worry about being disadvantaged by VFL decisions? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no ‘glee’ about the covid crisis. Last thing anyone wanted was for this to flair up again

But quite frankly from a WC point of view I don’t blame WC supporters ‘sticking it ‘ to the AFL
Instead of just saying thank you, WC have been treated like a punching bag.
There is 100% glee from the covid spread in Vic from WA/SA people, people will die but you don't care as long as the games all get played at home for you.

Trying to deny it is laughable, the proof is right in front of you.

Well then it must have been Simmo's doppleganger that I saw in the tv news services threatening that the Eagles will leave the hub early and fly back to WA if they were going to be made to quarantine in hotels on their return to WA.

If they were allowed to quarantine at home with their families then they would see out their full commitment to their time in Qld.

It wasn't fair on the mental health of their staff / players to be apart from their families for up to 7 weeks he said.

Yes it's admirable that as the head of the coaching and playing group that he's come out on the front foot and stuck up for them, but only the most diehard Eagles supporter (which to be fair is pretty much all of you) would agree that 2 weeks was probably a bit too soon. During the presser, Simmo actually looked like he was under the pump himself.
Pretty much 90% of the team has kids and they are seeing exactly what we are seeing

as usual when there is a problem to be solved its interstate teams paying the price.

Apparently not. From Gilligan's presser;
McLachlan also said the Gold Coast Suns will need to quarantine for 14 days after their clash with Geelong at GMHBA Stadium this weekend, and “might not go back to Queensland” at all.
Everyone else has to adjust and looks like clubs will have to get on the 'spike'train. You can't make this up.
Crazy stuff
Surely GC must push back

I think Simmo and the Eagles have shown a high level of restraint and diplomacy given the one sided narrative and decision making they have endured

Imagine Chris Scott in that situation

One good thing, if the season gets that far, Geelong being in the HUB will allow me to see them play a game at Perth Stadium which I haven't been to yet.
Hopefully the Freo game
a) I'm more likely to get a ticket
b) Fyfe's hammy is hopefully good so I get to see him play live for the first time
c) last game I went to was Geelong beating WCE in the semi at the MCG last year so it would be nice for something different.

I think Simmo and the Eagles have shown a high level of restraint and diplomacy given the one sided narrative and decision making they have endured

Imagine Chris Scott in that situation
Even the fox footy article headline is about how Queensland's insane regulations are throwing the season into disarray, not the alarming number or covid cases.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back