Time to move Sauce on

Remove this Banner Ad

This might be a problem of who we can actually bring in to replace.

With that being said if there is noone then lets just be the club that kills off ruckmen and not play one. As stated earlier it cant be much worse.
Richmond dont play a ruck half the time. Lets see what happens with the rule change adjustments. If no more boundary throw ins due to last touch the ruckmans role will be vastly different.The tall lumberer is officially dead. Was years ago, were just slow to the party.

Richmond dont play a ruck half the time. Lets see what happens with the rule change adjustments. If no more boundary throw ins due to last touch the ruckmans role will be vastly different.The tall lumberer is officially dead. Was years ago, were just slow to the party.

Jacobs was able to cover the ground well - we just can't let go.

Jacobs was able to cover the ground well - we just can't let go.
You are talking about Jacobs? Your saying he is a quick mobile ruck that covers the ground well? Because that's how i interpret 'covering the ground well'. Has he ever covered the ground well throughout his career?

You are talking about Jacobs? Your saying he is a quick mobile ruck that covers the ground well? Because that's how i interpret 'covering the ground well'. Has he ever covered the ground well throughout his career?

By your interpretation, no. You are right.

Never will understand why we didn't start spelling Sauce in the last couple of years. I know he "thrives on continuity" but **** him, he doesn't get to make the call. I think I'm not the only one who saw how he came back from a two week mid year break. He needs to be taken into a room and asked break or continuity and when he says continuity, then show him the West Coast game whilst belting him around the head with a 1990s Yellow pages...for Melbourne and yelling "rest, rest, rest."

First it was Thommo, now Sauce, the tail does not wag the dog, nor should a strong footy club allow it. This discussion wouldn't even be happening if our clubs selection policy was based on what is best for the club, not individual players

Doesn’t that tell you something, the club would prefer to play a half fit Sam Jacobs over a fully fit Riley O’Brien.

O’Brien would be a cheap alternative and break glass in an emergency type player.

We should Rookie list 2 big athletic ruckman this year and let them develop. Athletic is the key, not lumbersome
ROB has been injured for alot of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would we have rested Sauce if ROB was available?

No. If Sauce puts his hand up he plays. We could have played Fog and sent JJ to ruck to give Sauce a breather. Is Dear still injured, if not, he could create a decent contest in there. But our coaches are terrfied of going into a game without Sauce in the ruck. Plus, our system requires an exact replacement. So if you can't ruck 100% of the ground for 90% TOG, then you're not eligible.

No. If Sauce puts his hand up he plays. We could have played Fog and sent JJ to ruck to give Sauce a breather. Is Dear still injured, if not, he could create a decent contest in there. But our coaches are terrfied of going into a game without Sauce in the ruck. Plus, our system requires an exact replacement. So if you can't ruck 100% of the ground for 90% TOG, then you're not eligible.
Would like to see us try Hunter after the showdown.

Time to get his back right.

It’s a pity we never played ROB more instead of playing Sauce injured over the past couple of years. We might actually know what we have in the cupboard. Now we have an obviously cooked #1 and an unknown quantity #2, with no obvious high quality trade in target available. We will be losing the ruck for a long time going forward. We’re going to need to get better at roving opposition ruckmen.

It’s extremely frustrating - we never learn this lesson, so the unknown quantities stay unknown, and we don’t know whether we can actually select them.

Sauce has definitely struggled this year and was horrible against Gawn and previously against the likes of Grundy. However, he did give Natanui a bath, so I don't think he's cooked - although he has looked to be playing under duress for a few weeks now. I was disappointed we didn't throw someone like Gov into the ruck given his leap and ability once the ball hit the ground - especially in the third quarter, when they did as they pleased.

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to move Sauce on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back