Time we dropped our senior players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of curiosity, is a broken tackle or a half assed tackle counted as a tackle?

Someone told me tackles are only counted if they result in a turnover or a stoppage, so no.

I assume that broken tackles and ineffective tackles are counted to work out the tackle efficiency stat, but that seems to be the sort of stat that’s not publicly available.

Honestly you think having op for over a year and not being able to do a pre season isnt a reason for his fitness level being down?

You don't play 5 games and return to full fitness mate.
He is 1 of 3 players that can hold their head up as standouts and competitors this year and you question yeos fitness lol.

You have a go at people for slagging off the fitness of our players and then slag off the only one who has a legitimate reason for having fitness issues.

I think you should re-read what I wrote. I said people were slagging players for being lazy. And I wasn't slagging off Yeo either, in fact I was highlighting him because his performance was out of character. I completely acknowledge that having time off with OP is going to affect his performance. The reason why I don't think it's an excuse for the team's overall performance is that players shouldn't be playing if they are underdone. You might take a risk here or there, but it looks like half the team are completely baked.

What the hell is going on with match committee selecting some of them, and/or the medicos for saying the players are right to go?

Darling has created his own issues because he is not working hard enough to get away from his opponent. No player leads backwards more in the AFL than JD.
Defenders must just think it is their birthday playing the Eagles, the two key forwards lead to the same spot and never separate. The small fowards fly for the mark over their key forwards. This is just dream type stuff for a defense.
No excuses for JD though, he has become a lazy player just as 90% of his team mates are.

DO you think this is a gameplan / spacing issue? Don't believe we see it when JK is out...

DO you think this is a gameplan / spacing issue? Don't believe we see it when JK is out...

I think it is a number of things. Slow ball movement plays a huge roll. Starting points of our two key Forwards are way to close in my opinion and it makes it to hard to separate the defenders. Lack of effort and intent to separate and lead to different areas. Like I said, it is a number of different things.
One thing I hate is watching Liam Ryan jump over the top of JK and JD, once ina blue moon of course he takes a screamer and its fantastic but that is not his role. Stay on the ground and use his skills is his role.

I can't believe someone as soft as Simpson can become head coach in afl. He has absolutely no guts
You do understand he's not the only person in the match committee right? They actually have to agree as a majority to drop certain players.

Whilst I'd expect the head coach to have the majority of pull, there's still politics and rubbish like that which goes on behind the scenes.

When someone with a nothing position like Tim Gepp can have so much influence at our club you know keeping certain people happy over making the right call is more important.

Someone told me tackles are only counted if they result in a turnover or a stoppage, so no.
I have heard that it is deemed a tackle if it prevents an effective disposal, which is a bit more of a liberal definition.
Also not one I can verify.

You do understand he's not the only person in the match committee right? They actually have to agree as a majority to drop certain players.

Whilst I'd expect the head coach to have the majority of pull, there's still politics and rubbish like that which goes on behind the scenes.

When someone with a nothing position like Tim Gepp can have so much influence at our club you know keeping certain people happy over making the right call is more important.
He's the head coach. It's his career that is scrutinised. If he doesn't get the say then he's signed up for a title without getting the job

He's the head coach. It's his career that is scrutinised. If he doesn't get the say then he's signed up for a title without getting the job
There were some rumblings back around '15 that apparently Gepp held a lot of sway in regards to how he ran things - put a few noses out of joint - and got told to pull his head in or he wouldn't last. Apparently they used to butt heads a lot in regards to selection over declining champions like Cox. Our club could certainly be a hell of a lot more ruthless, and they should. They give senior players too much of a free reign however and it's always been the case, apart from when Malthouse dropped Woosha for that final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were some rumblings back around '15 that apparently Gepp held a lot of sway in regards to how he ran things - put a few noses out of joint - and got told to pull his head in or he wouldn't last. Apparently they used to butt heads a lot in regards to selection over declining champions like Cox. Our club could certainly be a hell of a lot more ruthless, and they should. They give senior players too much of a free reign however and it's always been the case, apart from when Malthouse dropped Woosha for that final.
This what you get in old boys clubs.

Some people on this site have weird ideas of love.
It's the frustration over putting in pathetic performances and nothing changing. Now some fans hope the club implodes so that they change, but even getting smashed i wouldn't hold my breathe that change occurs. This club has become a disgrace the last few years

You don’t need to hope for failure, it will naturally occur until radical change is made. Something is clearly wrong internally and we will probably never find out what it is.
Simmo and the footy department have an enormous task ahead over Summer trying to sort it and getting the group back on track and excited to play footy.
Right now they are totally lost, they are dejected and passionless. This is not an overnight fix and we all know this.
You don’t forget how to play, you don’t forget what is required to achieve. It all just needs to be blended back together.
Its all on Simmo to drive it and the players to action it. Forget drafts, trades etc as it all means nothing until the footy department and whatever the main issues are get resolved.

I can't believe someone as soft as Simpson can become head coach in afl. He has absolutely no guts
You know he is going to coach us in 2022 don't you? How long are you going to keep this up? Can you last another year posting this vindictive sh!t? I'm starting to get concerned about your mental health.

You know he is going to coach us in 2022 don't you? How long are you going to keep this up? Can you last another year posting this vindictive sh!t? I'm starting to get concerned about your mental health.
Will probably not watch games next year if he's the coach, certainly won't buy membership or attend games

It's the frustration over putting in pathetic performances and nothing changing. Now some fans hope the club implodes so that they change, but even getting smashed i wouldn't hold my breathe that change occurs. This club has become a disgrace the last few years
We have different opinions on disgraceful.
Did we underachieve last year, absolutely.
Poor so far this year, yep.

Disgraceful, far from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Time we dropped our senior players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back