To spite us..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes.

And they'd be hell happy afterwards as well.

In fact even if they got thrashed but still tried hard, then they'd probably claim that they tanked it, and be hell happy anyway.

Strange bunch of people, hey.

They have a near impossible chance of making the 8. Would need Lions, Crows and Saints to lose, and they would have to make up 5% on the crows percentage if they were to sneak into the top8. So quite frankly, they have nothing to play for.

I don't for a second believe they will tank to screw the eagles, and those posters who think otherwise need to get over their dockers fixation.
But it wouldn't surprise me to see the dockers blood a couple of youngsters and the senior players have an apathetic attitude to the game, with one eye on mad-monday.

They have a near impossible chance of making the 8. Would need Lions, Crows and Saints to lose, and they would have to make up 5% on the crows percentage if they were to sneak into the top8. So quite frankly, they have nothing to play for.

I don't for a second believe they will tank to screw the eagles, and those posters who think otherwise need to get over their dockers fixation.
But it wouldn't surprise me to see the dockers blood a couple of youngsters and the senior players have an apathetic attitude to the game, with one eye on mad-monday.

That's pretty close to my definition of a "tank".

Can Freo be Trusted??? Do they hate us enough to Tank?!

Probably a stupid notion, but if theres one footy club who hates us enough to do it, its them!

Even if its not deliberate and on a sub-concious level..

The dockers are one weird club and have nothing to play for...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people discussing Freo 'tanking' a game they will be favourites to lose anyway?

Port pantsed Freo at Subi in Round 1 which set the tone for their poor start to the season, which has ultimately led to them not making the finals (yes I know they aren't out of it yet). If winning, exacting some revenge over Port, and keeping alive their own finals chances holds less motivation than losing and attempting to make West Coast finish 3rd instead of 2nd, then Freo is in even more trouble than I thought.

Someone mentioned on the weekend that Peter Bell had bought tickets for his parents to fly to AAMI to watch the last game, which is out of the ordinary. We could have a retirement announcement this week and if thats the case no way will Freo lose just to spite the Eagles.

According to reports and the ladder predictor we need to win and outscore Port on the winning margin by 12-13 points to pip tmem on %.

Even though the Bombers play well against us I think Freo are playing well enough to seriously trouble Port, looks like they lost Walkin yesterday (poor bloke, could be his last game judging by how upset he looked post game).

CARN Eagle...kick a cricket score......

carn Freo....can't believe I wrote that!!!:eek::p:eek:

Meh, good sides don't worry about what other sides are doing.

We could have always turned up to play against the Saints, Lions or Bombers earlier in the season, then we might have more than 14 wins on the board.

It'd be nice for Freo to do us a favour, but if they get pumped and we miss 2nd spot, so be it. Let's just hope our boys get the chocolates against the Bombres and we come out injury free.

Ideal scenario for West Coast would be:

1) Thrash Essendon as much as possible, destiny is in our hands, and we can make up the 0.5%

2) Freo Defeats Port Adelaide

3) Freo Defeats Port by at least 3 goals, and we lose to essendon by a small margin

We will struggle over there against Port...

Seems we both have trouble against Port

Yes but will you do your neighbours a favour and win?

Doubtful. Im married to one of you people dont forget.

Inside knowledge. ;)

Meh, good sides don't worry about what other sides are doing.

We could have always turned up to play against the Saints, Lions or Bombers earlier in the season, then we might have more than 14 wins on the board.

It'd be nice for Freo to do us a favour, but if they get pumped and we miss 2nd spot, so be it. Let's just hope our boys get the chocolates against the Bombres and we come out injury free.

What he said.

Cant depend on the "others" to help us out. :thumbsu:

really we just have to keep winning. We can beat anyone anywhere. There is not much we can do about the other games so there is no point in worrying about them.

Remove this Banner Ad

To spite us..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back