FTA-TV Today Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally Posted by JUBJUB
I think the correct term is "a story no parent can afford to miss".It makes it sound more dramatic.

After you watch you wish you could've afforded to miss it.

It's always the low income families that has to suffer

i_hate_scams said:
hang on, they are running another story about "foreigners taking local jobs":eek:

i swear they ran that same story 2 months ago...

i guess just incase if someone missed the 1st one.:)

They run this same story every 2 weeks.TT love running stories on Asians pinching Aussie jobs.

today tonight should start up a campaign to get aussies to steal asian jobs. give them a bit of their own medicine.

of course now today tonight are going to do just that :(

and itll get support :mad:

TheReason said:
OR

How to cut Years of your mortgage

OR

Which supermarket is the cheapest

OR

Whats the best Credit Card Deal

Repeat again from the top....

And then throw in a "I bought a $50,000 Falcon or Commodore Lemon", once every 3 months.

LOL, What about the old classic: "DIET PILLS"

One ep of Frontline, where they were featuring a story on Aboriginal health, went something like this:

(after learning that the story only went for one ad break)
Aboriginal guy "is that it?"
Mike Moore: "Well we have more important stories to cover.. "
Stu: "Diet Pills"
Mike: "Well after that"
Stu "Part 2, Diet Pills"

:D :D :D

Todd_Gack said:
today tonight should start up a campaign to get aussies to steal asian jobs. give them a bit of their own medicine.

Maybe they could get an Asian reporter on TT.Even better,what about an Asian host to replace Princess Naomi ?

Todd_Gack said:

They are doing that already... They take all the high paying senior executive level jobs in asia, south/central america, russia, africa, etc... i.e.: bejing olympics. But then again, Telstra did hire an mexican to be the CEO of their company! then he hires all his american mates as top executives.

Only difference, australians will only steal overseas jobs if they are high paying.

Today Tonight- 27/5/06

'Slanderous thread found on Bigfooty.com, we must catch these fiends!'

"Their antics are detrimental to society, and WE, the innocent members of the public are paying the price. Our beloved show, today tonight has been attacked for our quality and uplifting stories! Shocking, i know. We suspect the offenders all have ADHD and are not investing in enough property. Perhaps they were scammed by a dodgy car salesman and they are bitter about the ordeal. Whatever their problem is, lets try to flog them some cheap detergent or Woolies will kick our arses. Back to you in the studio annoying lady."

quotations said:
Today Tonight- 27/5/06

'Slanderous thread found on Bigfooty.com, we must catch these fiends!'

"Their antics are detrimental to society, and WE, the innocent members of the public are paying the price. Our beloved show, today tonight has been attacked for our quality and uplifting stories! Shocking, i know. We suspect the offenders all have ADHD and are not investing in enough property. Perhaps they were scammed by a dodgy car salesman and they are bitter about the ordeal. Whatever their problem is, lets try to flog them some cheap detergent or Woolies will kick our arses. Back to you in the studio annoying lady."
Nah more like

''The internet? ( raised eyebrows) A danger or a friend? Well this story from Melbourne might change your minds. What are your children really looking at ? pr0n? Rap Sites? Or maybe a more insiduous product of the internet... forums?

Forums , where free thought is encouraged.. so the next time your child questions you and asks why..blame BigFooty for filling their heads with the ability to talk back and '''troll''

PerthCrow said:
Nah more like

''The internet? ( raised eyebrows) A danger or a friend? Well this story from Melbourne might change your minds. What are your children really looking at ? pr0n? Rap Sites? Or maybe a more insiduous product of the internet... forums?

Forums , where free thought is encouraged.. so the next time your child questions you and asks why..blame BigFooty for filling their heads with the ability to talk back and '''troll''

When questioned, the internet declined to comment.

Now they're having a go at Nine for their Betfair advertising during the cricket.

Pity they can't remember their own football coverage showing odds before games.

Plebs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now they're having a go at Nine for their Betfair advertising during the cricket.

Pity they can't remember their own football coverage showing odds before games.

Plebs.

Don't they also mention them at 1/2 time ?
Of course it's more odd with ch7 footy because one of the commentators who mentions the odds is The Ox,a guy with a well publicised gambling problem.

So if ch7 are bagging ch9 over betting promotion I'm assuming ch7's coverage of the Spring Carnival had no mention of betting.

I caught that "piece" on the cricket and Betfair. Astonishingly low rate "journalism", especially when they added the sound bite of Richie clearly stating "gamble responsibly". I mean, shit. You'd think if you're attempting to exploit something that you'd take that out to make it sound like they were just out and out promoting gambling.

And how is that any different from the myriad of sports programs Seven have presented over the years clearly having alcohol advertising?

And they have a go at Nine for throwing in surprise advertising, or whatever, but yet, you can't watch a show on Seven without them throwing a cheap plug (usually through inane puns) for their shows (Dancing with the Stars, Home and Away et al).

Really gives journalists a worse name than what they deserve. I don't know how those reporters can go 'alright, I'm breaking a big story here, big enough that I'm going to act like a knob on television'. Idiots.

Sigh - Tonight they dredged the bottom of the barrel with a "Shark Plague" story.

The quotable quote - "Sharks, they're killers".

Sharks don't kill people... Unless they have frickin' lazor beams attached to thier heads.

There's one reporter on there who every time I see him I remember him having the Chaser boys holed up and standing there acting like a he's big shot. Dick! :mad:

Sharks don't kill people... Unless they have frickin' lazor beams attached to thier heads.

There's one reporter on there who every time I see him I remember him having the Chaser boys holed up and standing there acting like a he's big shot. Dick! :mad:

I think that was Bryan Seymour [massive tool],who is featured in the Media Watch link 2 posts above yours.Was it him that The Chasers got Asians to say abusive things about ? It was funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Today Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back