Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey Guys,

So poor Todd gets scapegoated after every loss that we have, its funny because he is a true barometer of our team, if he plays well we normally have a win if we lose its blame Todd again. Sure he gets beaten just like any other player, but i think is too harshly criticized.

So i am wondering, what is his worth, what are you prepared to give up for him.

The hate for Todd Goldstein from North supporters would have to be up there with the hate for Matt Priddis from WCE supporters as one of the more perplexing "whipping boy" situations I've seen.

I don't particularly like him, but he'd command a top 5 pick. He'd be rated far higher internally and externally by other clubs than he is on BigFooty.

Didn't he very recently re-sign?
Yes he did. So if anyone says something so stupid don't believe them.

benbanjo you should really do your research first instead of posting up rubbish.
Google up Todd Goldstein and read up that he's re-newed his contract and isn't going anywhere. It's not that hard to do.

Hey Guys,

So poor Todd gets scapegoated after every loss that we have, its funny because he is a true barometer of our team, if he plays well we normally have a win if we lose its blame Todd again. Sure he gets beaten just like any other player, but i think is too harshly criticized.

So i am wondering, what is his worth, what are you prepared to give up for him.
srs question, how can a player be a barometer?

They must be one of two things to my mind. Either 1) that good that the team winning is massively impacted by how well they play or 2) only look good when the going is good.

srs question, how can a player be a barometer?

They must be one of two things to my mind. Either 1) that good that the team winning is massively impacted by how well they play or 2) only look good when the going is good.
That would be Ryan Bastinac,

Well its a bit of a chicken and egg scenario i guess.
But for Essendon if Zaka has a good game it generally means you are in with a good shot of winning....

Yes he did. So if anyone says something so stupid don't believe them.

benbanjo you should really do your research first instead of posting up rubbish.
Google up Todd Goldstein and read up that he's re-newed his contract and isn't going anywhere. It's not that hard to do.
What are you talking about, do your research?
This is a hypothetical...
Plus has a contracted player never been traded before?
if you don't like the question don't post here....

Agree with 15-25. His lack of physical presence is a bit of a turn off, gets outmarked by blokes half his size. If somebody could put some mongrel in him he would be in the top 3 rucks in the league. Not sure North can afford to lose him, maybe Sydney would give their first rounder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldy would be worth a pick in the 15-25 range maybe higher for a team who really need a ruck.

With his lack of diversity and intensity he'd be behind both our rucks at Ess.

Bellchambers can't get a game in a team that sits a rung lower than us. Ryder finished 4th in 2009 and scrapped in 2 top 10 B&F finishes since - both 9th.

Goldy has made two AA squads and finished 3rd last year in our B&F. He would command a high draft picks than both the lazy and inconsistent Ryder and the VFL ruckman Bellchambers. Ryder has not recieved 1 coaches vote in 2014.

15-25 - Hampson went at 28!!!

Last edited:
Bellchambers can't get a game in a team that sits a rung lower than us. Ryder finished 4th in 2009 and scrapped in 2 top 10 B&F finishes since - both 9th.

Goldy has made two AA squads and finished 3rd last year in our B&F. He would command a high draft picks than both the lazy and inconsistent Ryder and the VFL ruckman Bellchambers. Ryder has not recieved 1 coaches vote in 2014.

15-25 - Hampson went at 28!!!
You haven't been paying attention if you think that Ryder's been inconsistent this season - or that he's been worse than Goldstein. It goes without saying that Goldstein's well ahead of Bellchambers this season.

You haven't been paying attention if you think that Ryder's been inconsistent this season - or that he's been worse than Goldstein. It goes without saying that Goldstein's well ahead of Bellchambers this season.
He has been average and finally played a good game. Will he be in the top 10 of your b&f? Will he finally get 1 coaches vote from any coach the thought he had some impact on a game?

Ryder has not been good enough - long enough - to be classed at the same level as Goldy. Twice he has been in the best 2 rucks in the comp for a year. Ryder has never come close to that.

He has been average and finally played a good game. Will he be in the top 10 of your b&f? Will he finally get 1 coaches vote from any coach the thought he had some impact on a game?

Ryder has not been good enough - long enough - to be classed at the same level as Goldy. Twice he has been in the best 2 rucks in the comp for a year. Ryder has never come close to that.
Billy boy, while i appreciate you coming to the defense of Goldy, this really is not a Ryder vs Goldy thread although feel free to start a poll.
I personally think Goldy would be number 1 ruck at Essendon and Ryder would play forward... but thats another matter...

Billy boy, while i appreciate you coming to the defense of Goldy, this really is not a Ryder vs Goldy thread although feel free to start a poll.
I personally think Goldy would be number 1 ruck at Essendon and Ryder would play forward... but thats another matter...
I am always going to respond to such a woeful call.

Ryder's got better tapwork, he's better as an additional midfielder, he's better up forward, and he's a better marking target in general. He can also run and carry and has superior disposal. He generally rises to the occasion, rather than shrinking away when the pressure's on. Ryder will probably finish top ten in the B&F, if the Essendon board player of the year votes are anything to go by. Goldstein has never been in the top two rucks - massively overrated player.

Ryder's got better tapwork, he's better as an additional midfielder, he's better up forward, and he's a better marking target in general. He can also run and carry and has superior disposal. He generally rises to the occasion, rather than shrinking away when the pressure's on. Ryder will probably finish top ten in the B&F, if the Essendon board player of the year votes are anything to go by. Goldstein has never been in the top two rucks - massively overrated player.

Stopped reading....

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Back