Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryder having a decent year - well that is way over due. Goldy has had much better years that what Ryder is now producing. Agree it's closer this year - but let mr inconsistent do it for a few years before you want to compare.

The coaches certainly don't agree with you.

Goldstein's is struggling massively for consistency this season. If you take out the Richmond and Saints games he's had a comparable year to Robbie Warnock.

Goldstein's is struggling massively for consistency this season. If you take out the Richmond and Saints games he's had a comparable year to Robbie Warnock.
Funny thing is you take Ryders 3 best games out and he is also comparable to Warnock. Goldy's best has been better and Ryders poor games have been worse. Yet you have essendon supports - on the back of his first good game - putting his name up on the AA thread.

It rightly was laughed at.

Funny thing is you take Ryders 3 best games out and he is also comparable to Warnock. Goldy's best has been better and Ryders poor games have been worse. Yet you have essendon supports - on the back of his first good game - putting his name up on the AA thread.

It rightly was laughed at.

Except Goldstein's had more than twice as many poor games this season. Now your claiming that his game against the bulldogs was his first good game?

Except Goldstein's had more than twice as many poor games this season. Now your claiming that his game against the bulldogs was his first good game?

1st time he has recieved coaches votes - surely if he has played at that level all year he would have picked up another vote - somewhere - anywhere??

Just because you have "paddy love" does not make him better than he really is.

1st time he has recieved coaches votes - surely if he has played at that level all year he would have picked up another vote - somewhere - anywhere??

Just because you have "paddy love" does not make him better than he really is.

That was probably his best game for the year however he was very good against Adelaide, Geelong, Collingwood and Sydney. I'm not saying he's having a ripping year it's more to do with Goldstein having a poor one.

That was probably his best game for the year however he was very good against Adelaide, Geelong, Collingwood and Sydney. I'm not saying he's having a ripping year it's more to do with Goldstein having a poor one.

Poor yet will finish higher in our B&F, will recieve more coaches votes, his opponeants will recieve less coaches votes.

So a bad year from Goldy is still better than a good one from Ryder. We finally got there PL!!!

Poor yet will finish higher in our B&F, will recieve more coaches votes, his opponeants will recieve less coaches votes.

So a bad year from Goldy is still better than a good one from Ryder. We finally got there PL!!!

Why are calls for him to be dropped on the North board then??? He just got touched up round the ground by Woods?

Goldsteins had 3 games where he's failed to register a mark.

He is worth what a club is willing to give for him.

Looking at the bottom sides this year, none of them would give up an early pick for him. I think maybe only Geelong would entertain giving up there 1st round pick in this years draft for Goldy. The only way North would get a trade they would be happy with, is if it what player for player. To sydney for Tom Mitchell would be fair.

Looking at the bottom sides this year, none of them would give up an early pick for him. I think maybe only Geelong would entertain giving up there 1st round pick in this years draft for Goldy. The only way North would get a trade they would be happy with, is if it what player for player. To sydney for Tom Mitchell would be fair.

No Chance

That is a terrible trade for Sydney...

We would never be interested in Mitchell though....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is silly, North are not going to trade Goldstein. They made that decision when they let HMac get traded, they are with Goldy for the long haul now.

And if he were to be traded he would easily be worth a reasonably high first rounder, good rucks hold their value better than other player types.

This thread is silly, North are not going to trade Goldstein. They made that decision when they let HMac get traded, they are with Goldy for the long haul now.

And if he were to be traded he would easily be worth a reasonably high first rounder, good rucks hold their value better than other player types.
Why is it silly? What is wrong with seeing what people would be willing to give up for him..... ?

so a team planning for a couple finals campaigns are not going to push out their own AFL developed and AFL standard ruckman (Quite a good one) Because he's had an inconsistent year?

yeah sure buddy, Might as well trade out Aaron Black and Andrew Swallow as well. Probably do your teams chances at finals sucess less harm

so a team planning for a couple finals campaigns are not going to push out their own AFL developed and AFL standard ruckman (Quite a good one) Because he's had an inconsistent year?

yeah sure buddy, Might as well trade out Aaron Black and Andrew Swallow as well. Probably do your teams chances at finals sucess less harm
I think the op was asking his value. Not to push him out. It would be like asking about Roughy and his worth.

So when a poster claims Goldy would not get a game at Essendon I should just ignore it? If he comes in and admits his mistake I will quickly get over it.

Coaches votes are irrelevant as they only vote for midfielders - top 10 players - nine are midfielders - Only Buddy can break into this rarefied group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Back