Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Never has a players trade worth grown so much in a game they never played in as it did today in GWS vs Hawthorn

1st and 2nd rounder is the deadset minimum. Otherwise im happy to see Hawks finish 9-12th in the next few seasons while the big forwards single handidly defeat them week in week out

Price just went up…..
To be honest its probably more of a pick 10,29 and future 2nd for Barass and pick 56 at this point.

I cant really ever see a trade where one club has been so needy and so desperate while the selling club has this much power over them . I imagine Sam knows they will have to pay through the absolute nose on this one

Price just went up…..
Maybe to me it felt the need went down. We look like we could still be a few years off it if we can't close out games. Best to keep a to the original strategy by hitting the draft for a little while longer. Think the doggies might actually be the perfect destination.

Maybe to me it felt the need went down. We look like we could still be a few years off it if we can't close out games. Best to keep a to the original strategy by hitting the draft for a little while longer. Think the doggies might actually be the perfect destination.
Monday be like

"Im sorry Tom, this trade isnt going to happen"
"Why, what happened?"
"We lost by 2 points to GWS. Its over for the next 4 seasons. We dont need you anymore"

Original strategy was to trade for Smoth wasn’t it.

Definitely need for TB at least we won’t have to hear that’s not the case from the Hawks fans for a week

Monday be like

"Im sorry Tom, this trade isnt going to happen"
"Why, what happened?"
"We lost by 2 points to GWS. Its over for the next 4 seasons. We dont need you anymore"
Lol wat? Has Barrass even made his decision yet, has WC made theirs?

I've been questioning the decision from a Hawthorn perspective for a while now, was hoping the hawks could show a bit more and prove me wrong.

To pay the price needed to get him out he would need to be the final piece, I don't believe he is I believe we have a little while to go before we are at that point.

To be honest its probably more of a pick 10,29 and future 2nd for Barass and pick 56 at this point.

I cant really ever see a trade where one club has been so needy and so desperate while the selling club has this much power over them . I imagine Sam knows they will have to pay through the absolute nose on this one
Nah 1st and 2nd future or 2024 depending what the teams that want to bundle prefer. (throw in the soon to be delisted DGB if the coaches and recruiters fill Gov can put him under his wing for a year or two)

Lol wat? Has Barrass even made his decision yet, has WC made theirs?

I've been questioning the decision from a Hawthorn perspective for a while now, was hoping the hawks could show a bit more and prove me wrong.

To pay the price needed to get him out he would need to be the final piece, I don't believe he is I believe we have a little while to go before we are at that point.
Hawks made a decision when they came on hands and knees begging Barass to come. Eagles made ours when we didnt offer him a new contract. Thats the two decisions that have been made so far

Original strategy was to trade for Smoth wasn’t it.

Definitely need for TB at least we won’t have to hear that’s not the case from the Hawks fans for a week
There's a need for TB yes but we have more needs than just that. Not in a position to pay the price for the final piece, which is what we'd need to do to get him across.

Hawks made a decision when they came on hands and knees begging Barass to come. Eagles made ours when we didnt offer him a new contract. Thats the two decisions that have been made so far
You speak with such authority 😂

There's a need for TB yes but we have more needs than just that. Not in a position to pay the price for the final piece, which is what we'd need to do to get him across.
AFL Main board - ""Sam Mitchell is the GOAT and we have one of the best young lists in the AFL"
Trade board - "I dont think we are contenders yet. We shouldnt pay a high price for any trades we do. We need to get better"

You speak with such authority 😂
Not sure saying exactly what has occured infront of our own eyes as speaking with anything besides factual statements. Hawks having fly to meet him unscheduled to convince him into joining mid season while in finals contention is the biggest desperation move we have seen in recent trading history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure saying exactly what has occured infront of our own eyes as speaking with anything besides factual statements. Hawks having fly to meet him unscheduled to convince him into joining mid season while in finals contention is the biggest desperation move we have seen in recent trading history.
Well if you say so 🤷‍♀️

Eagles fans are funny 🤣

I do wonder if the handshake deal behind the scenes is we let English walk as a FA, offer those dollars to Barrass, and WCE trigger band 1 and get that pick for Barrass with a "floor" so if that pick is too late the Bulldogs stump up an extra pick.

In cap terms we'd be paying Barrass instead of Tim so no change to our cap. West Coast effectively get an extra first rounder and Tim English for Barrass.
We ruck Lobb/Darcy next year.

Cap terms could end up in Dogs favour. Eagles can pay some of his contract for another 3 years as his current deal goes to 2027.

Sounds like Mitchell is in his ear though.

Will end up being a straight swap for their first rounder you'd think. Hawks will ask for something back, and we'll ask for their second rounder as well. Meet in the middle.
If he was OOC sure WCE may accept that. Can’t see them releasing Barrass from a 3 year contract for anything less than Hawks 1R and pies 2R. Right now that’s 9 and 28.

Pick 10 , 29 and future 2!! Hahahahaha. Hang the phone up Hawthorn and block there number. He can have fun in there backline for the next 3 years on shite money

Hahaha,
Barrass manger- hey Sam Tom is really liking what he’s sees at the Hawks and would love to be apart of it.
Sam- um, ok I’ll come hear what he has to say but I’m not promising anything.

If you can’t answer that question for yourself you shouldn’t be commenting in this thread.
I can answer the question. It does nothing for the Eagles but have him getting smashed in the backline for the next 3 years till he likely retires, and you get nothing for him!! Happy days, in an Eagles jumper I’ll enjoy watching him get smashed, in a Hawks jumper I’ll enjoy watching him put a premiership metal around his neck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back