Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I can answer the question. It does nothing for the Eagles but have him getting smashed in the backline for the next 3 years till he likely retires, and you get nothing for him!! Happy days, in an Eagles jumper I’ll enjoy watching him get smashed, in a Hawks jumper I’ll enjoy watching him put a premiership metal around his neck.
Great so why are you asking me? And they’re called premiership medals, not premiership metals you peanut.

Not sure saying exactly what has occured infront of our own eyes as speaking with anything besides factual statements. Hawks having fly to meet him unscheduled to convince him into joining mid season while in finals contention is the biggest desperation move we have seen in recent trading history.
coach meets player = most desperate move we have seen in recent trading history...

You really do post a lot of rubbish

Never has a players trade worth grown so much in a game they never played in as it did today in GWS vs Hawthorn

1st and 2nd rounder is the deadset minimum. Otherwise im happy to see Hawks finish 9-12th in the next few seasons while the big forwards single handidly defeat them week in week out
Or it shows that a really young team that is yet to play a final (looks very hard this year now) shouldn't be pushing it's chips in to the middle of the table for a 29 year old with back problems :shrug:

Flying across the country to do it before a game in another state. Any examples of something similar ?
Geelong did something similar when they were chasing Travis Boak. Can't remember if they were already in SA at the time or flew during a week but was a big pitch with Scott/Wells/Selwood/Bartel involved.

Flying across the country to do it before a game in another state. Any examples of something similar ?
Did it after the Adelaide game, which is a shorter flight then from Melbourne

Was back on Monday Afternoon ( a rest day )

I fail to see your point other than he flew twice in a week, desperation?, you are naïve in thinking other clubs don't do it

Barrass for pick 10 is the cost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can answer the question. It does nothing for the Eagles but have him getting smashed in the backline for the next 3 years till he likely retires, and you get nothing for him!! Happy days, in an Eagles jumper I’ll enjoy watching him get smashed, in a Hawks jumper I’ll enjoy watching him put a premiership metal around his neck.

So he helps the Hawks win a flag.

You answered your own question then didnt you.

And that is why Mitchell flew all the way to WA to talk one on ine with him.

Why does Mitchell meeting Barrass make the Hawks desperate (whatever that means)? Because it involved a flight? They’re in different states so someone had to fly somewhere for there to be a meeting.

Coaches meet with trade/FA targets all the time. Joe Daniher flew to Sydney mid season to meet with Tom Harley. There’s 10 clubs in Victoria and these meetings are happening all season. It hardly means every team is “desperate” for every potential trade target.

Why does Mitchell meeting Barrass make the Hawks desperate (whatever that means)? Because it involved a flight? They’re in different states so someone had to fly somewhere for there to be a meeting.

Coaches meet with trade/FA targets all the time. Joe Daniher flew to Sydney mid season to meet with Tom Harley. There’s 10 clubs in Victoria and these meetings are happening all season. It hardly means every team is “desperate” for every potential trade target.

guess it can be seen as a last resort or last throw of the dice. I know when scott, bartel and co when and saw boak as he kind of made up his mind to stay.

guess it can be seen as a last resort or last throw of the dice. I know when scott, bartel and co when and saw boak as he kind of made up his mind to stay.

The Cats sending over a whole contingent to try and woo Boak was unusual at the time and pretty far removed from the chats coaches have with prospective targets, which is what this sounds like. Nearly every trade/FA the Dogs have recruited has spoken about meeting Bev at his house for a chat first, even a bloke like James Harmes, who was just a trade of an F3.

If the Hawks are going to potentially offer a 1R and a long contract for this guy then it makes sense that he’d sit down with the coach for an hour or two. It hardly means this:

Hawks having fly to meet him unscheduled to convince him into joining mid season while in finals contention is the biggest desperation move we have seen in recent trading history.

The Cats sending over a whole contingent to try and woo Boak was unusual at the time and pretty far removed from the chats coaches have with prospective targets, which is what this sounds like. Nearly every trade/FA the Dogs have recruited has spoken about meeting Bev at his house for a chat first, even a bloke like James Harmes, who was just a trade of an F3.

If the Hawks are going to potentially offer a 1R and a long contract for this guy then it makes sense that he’d sit down with the coach for an hour or two. It hardly means this:

at no stage did i say it meant the hawks are desperate. I merely answered your question of why some may think is desperate.

at no stage did i say it meant the hawks are desperate. I merely answered your question of why some may think is desperate.

Fair enough, I just don’t see it. Maybe if they’d sent over the leadership team like the Cats. This seems a pretty standard move before going too far down the path with him.

I agree it seems like just business to me. But I don't really know any more than those who want to jump to other conclusions so it is what it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back