Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, I just don’t see it. Maybe if they’d sent over the leadership team like the Cats. This seems a pretty standard move before going too far down the path with him.
According to Will Schofield's pod last week, it's actually unusual for coaches to not meet with multiple players a year.

Said he'd heard of some coaches meeting with 20+ players every season.

He couldn't understand why this was news, other than them not being overly discreet about it.

According to Will Schofield's pod last week, it's actually unusual for coaches to not meet with multiple players a year.

Said he'd heard of some coaches meeting with 20+ players every season.

He couldn't understand why this was news, other than them not being overly discreet about it.

Yeah, even a DFA like Lachie Bramble had a catch up with Bev before we moved to sign him. I’d assume that would happen with multiple players every year that we don’t end up getting (whether it’s Bev, an assistant, or Sam Power). Not much different to the draftees that the club meets with during the year.

Yeah, even a DFA like Lachie Bramble had a catch up with Bev before we moved to sign him. I’d assume that would happen with multiple players every year that we don’t end up getting (whether it’s Bev, an assistant, or Sam Power). Not much different to the draftees that the club meets with during the year.
I'd say clubs are a lot more mature about it these days too, such is the nature of the industry these days.

I'd say clubs are a lot more mature about it these days too, such is the nature of the industry these days.

100%. Beveridge made a joke referencing it when we opened our new facilities a couple weeks back:

"At this time of year, if you're thinking about acquisition options as far as your list management goes, it is the time where clubs are talking to players, and if you're ever going to have a sneaky visit from an opposition player, it is now a place where it is one of the priorities to say come and have a look…”

So he helps the Hawks win a flag.

You answered your own question then didnt you.

And that is why Mitchell flew all the way to WA to talk one on ine with him.
Yes he would help, but we have Blank back next year who is more than capable of holding down fullback (only about 10 games played and will get better). For about 1st round pick I say get it done for anything more I would walk.

Yes he would help, but we have Blank back next year who is more than capable of holding down fullback (only about 10 games played and will get better). For about 1st round pick I say get it done for anything more I would walk.
Your probably right but I'm not to sure if it's the right decision to be paying the price at this stage. Hope the club proves me wrong but not confident at this stage and hope no futures are involved.

I do wonder if the handshake deal behind the scenes is we let English walk as a FA, offer those dollars to Barrass, and WCE trigger band 1 and get that pick for Barrass with a "floor" so if that pick is too late the Bulldogs stump up an extra pick.

In cap terms we'd be paying Barrass instead of Tim so no change to our cap. West Coast effectively get an extra first rounder and Tim English for Barrass.
We ruck Lobb/Darcy next year.
Don’t waste your thoughts on this one Mof

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vlahos said Cogs was a moral certainty to get to Hawthorn. He was miles off.
Both of them are absolute hacks and I legit cant remember them ever being right on anything but there is only one way Sydney are getting Barrass and it very much suits my agenda so imma run with this as fact.

Doubt it, swans list boss was on Gettable a couple of weeks ago and said due to the TTP you don’t have to be Einstein to work out they won’t be in the market for a high profile player…… (unless things change significantly)

If the Eagle are going to pay a fair Chuck of his salary…. Wow wee 18*/20/Sheldeick and ?

Doubt it, swans list boss was on Gettable a couple of weeks ago and said due to the TTP you don’t have to be Einstein to work out they won’t be in the market for a high profile player…… (unless things change significantly)

If the Eagle are going to pay a fair Chuck of his salary…. Wow wee 18*/20/Sheldeick and ?
There is only one way Swans can afford Barrass given the money being thrown about and Freo are there to assist if needed

There is only one way Swans can afford Barrass given the money being thrown about and Freo are there to assist if needed
He’s only on a low salary for next year, they would at least wait a year before he forces it. I’m sure with all the Swans and Dockers picks in play their can be a 3 way deal there, we pay TB $$ for a couple of years ;)

No Barrass doesn’t. As I’ve said earlier Barrass will make very little difference to us competing for a flag next year.

It’s all about the younger guys upfield being able to back up from the end of this year and go again.

Our club seems determined to go for a KPD having chased McKay and Esava.

So will likely overpay for Barrass. I just don’t see as much value in it.
I guess Mitchell obviously see's what you don't.

Crap teams trading out in contract experienced players and then getting the begging bowl out for priority picks is B/S ….. list tanking should not be encouraged

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tool, how do you know pp have been asked for.
But having said that you'd definitely be an authority on a team being utter sh!t.

Last edited:
One of the best few KPDs in the comp and is contracted for 3 more years, he absolutely is worth a pick in that area
With his ability yes, with his age and back issues, if he was a Carlton player that your club is chasing to obtain for example you wouldn't be saying this.

I guess Mitchell obviously see's what you don't.
That’s what I said. Mitchell wants to overpay for a KPD. Hence going so hard for McKay and Esava who aren’t very good.

Barrass is at least a much better player than those two so that’s an improvement there.

I only don’t want him because of his age, cost and back. Not because he’s a bad player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back