Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder if the handshake deal behind the scenes is we let English walk as a FA, offer those dollars to Barrass, and WCE trigger band 1 and get that pick for Barrass with a "floor" so if that pick is too late the Bulldogs stump up an extra pick.

In cap terms we'd be paying Barrass instead of Tim so no change to our cap. West Coast effectively get an extra first rounder and Tim English for Barrass.
We ruck Lobb/Darcy next year.
I wouldn't move Lobb away from defence now

With his ability yes, with his age and back issues, if he was a Carlton player that your club is chasing to obtain for example you wouldn't be saying this.
Yes I would. If I thought a KPD was the biggest weakness and we had all the other holes filled why tf wouldn't I do it?

Teams exist to win premierships lol you do what you have to to win them

Yes I would. If I thought a KPD was the biggest weakness and we had all the other holes filled why tf wouldn't I do it?

Teams exist to win premierships lol you do what you have to to win them
Nah, it's all about being young and first round draft picks.

Who cares about flags when you can have the youf?

Teams exist to win premierships lol you do what you have to to win them,
Like Richmond did with Taranto and Hopper? what they think they need from the previous year changes to more needed the next, its not an exact science to what's going to be needed to propel a team to better heights the next year.

Like Richmond did with Taranto and Hopper? what they think they need from the previous year changes to more needed the next, its not an exact science to what's going to be needed to propel a team to better heights the next year.
Richmond were already on the downward slope. They made a dumb decision that most knew wasnt a good idea from the start.

Compared to a club on the rise with years left in their window chasing an elite KPD to try to cover a huger weakness in their side?

The 2 situations arent even remotely comparable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying he isn't good, but deluded to say he would be the almost best player at every club is exactly that.

Why is that not unreasonable? How many “one of the best” players do you think a club has that he has to beat?

He was in all Australian squad (granted, not all Australian) which in itself indicates his abilities, overshadowed by McGovern.

This ain’t tom mccartin or Sam frost mate. It’s a big upgrade. If we were challenging for finals, we would be tearing the club down in protest. But we need to rebuild club and time comes where you have to give up your sports car. He is more than excellent.

Can’t believe I wasted time replying to this shite.

Why is that not unreasonable? How many “one of the best” players do you think a club has that he has to beat?

He was in all Australian squad (granted, not all Australian) which in itself indicates his abilities, overshadowed by McGovern.

This ain’t tom mccartin or Sam frost mate. It’s a big upgrade. If we were challenging for finals, we would be tearing the club down in protest. But we need to rebuild club and time comes where you have to give up your sports car. He is more than excellent.

Can’t believe I wasted time replying to this shite.
You wrote cant believe I'm replying to this, when in fact if you thought that at the end when you wrote it, wouldn't you just delete it and not write it :oops:, its called disagree, a thought many people are entitled to do,

Close to best meaning one of the top few.
If you cant agree with that then you clearly dont belong in a thread discussing his value/trades
Haha. Barrass isn’t top 5 for any club not in the bottom 3.

He’s certainly not in the top few at every club.

Very rich to tell others they shouldn’t be discussing trades when you are over valuing your own by so much.

Very rich to tell others they shouldn’t be discussing trades when you are over valuing your own by so much.
He's better than ben mckay. Not that many decent kpd's around. They don't grow on trees.

Pick any club and name 5 players better than him. Its simply not possible

LMAO ok bro whatever you say

Sydney- Warner, Heeney, Papley, Gulden and Blakey.

Lions- Neale, Dunkley, Daniher, McLuggage and Andrews.

Freo- Brayshaw, Serong, Young, Jackson and Treacy

Port- Butters, Rozee, Wines, JHF and Houston

Cats- Cameron, Holmes, Stewart, Stengle and Danger.

Giants- Hogan, Kelly, Green, Whitfield and Greene.

Need I go on? There’s also more names better than Barrass at all of those clubs that I haven’t listed.

LMAO ok bro whatever you say
Neale, Mccluggage, Andrews, Zorko, Daniher

Gulden, Heeney, Warner, Grundy, Papley, Mills. 5 of those 6 would be close.

Last edited:
Crap teams trading out in contract experienced players and then getting the begging bowl out for priority picks is B/S ….. list tanking should not be encouraged

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

And when they dont move on aging stars the media call them soft and wont make tough decisions.

And if a club isnt trying to help itself in a rebuild why should the AFL help them with any assisyance,?

Mentioned on the Eagles board that Simo being moved on was required in order for the AFL to consider any assistance.

Sitting on your hands hoping someone else will fix the problem isnt.good management.

He would be in the top 5 talls at close to every club.

He would be best 22 at every club.
That's changing the goal posts though isn't it? The original statement was top 5 at any club (any position).
Top 5 talls on any list isn't a great mark of strength either given alot of teams play 5-6 talls per week.
I agree he would be best 22 at every club on current form, but top 22 and top 5 are vastly different.
Either way I don't think it has any bearing on TB's trade value given he is contracted for three more years, and whilst I think many West Coast fans are over-estimating what will be required for a trade the Eagles themselves have the right to ask whatever they want.
On the flipside of that though many supporters on the "Purchasing" teams side are underselling what he will cost.
I think it falls somewhere in the middle and depending on just where the first pick falls both teams would settle at something like pick 10 and a future second.

It's then upto the destination club to decide whether that outlay is worth whatever upgrade Barrass is on what they have and just how long they expect him to be an upgrade for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back