Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

id start there lol, I dont think Ward is worth as much as the Hawks guys here think. Bloke isnt best 23
A late 1st for him is probably right, and starting the bid at 10 + a late first isnt unreasonable
Again that’s fine as long as you are willing to consider an early 2nd + DGB as a counter offer ‘not unreasonable’ because neither are going to happen

Again that’s fine as long as you are willing to consider an early 2nd + DGB as a counter offer ‘not unreasonable’ because neither are going to happen
I think itll get done for a 1st + 2nd(not future, the one linked to the pies). DGB is not really relevant as hes basically delist fodder anyway

If Ward is worth a late 1st rounder, then its not that ridiculous at all. 10 + Ward is not that much more valuable than 10+ 27 which is the likely trade
10 + 16-18 is a lot more than 10 + 27

But I also still hope we stick far at our first and very very minimal change as our max offer or just walk away

Well you also have to pay overs for award as he’s contracted so that makes it better than a late first 🤷‍♂️
Dude I just said its a starting point. Itll be 10+ 2nd rounder more than likely.

What I said is still far less ridiculous than your suggestion of a 2nd rounder alone

Its up to the Hawks to come to the party here, theyve gotta find something suitable. The Eagles cant do that for them

Dude I just said its a starting point. Itll be 10+ 2nd rounder more than likely.

What I said is still far less ridiculous than your suggestion of a 2nd rounder alone

Its up to the Hawks to come to the party here, theyve gotta find something suitable. The Eagles cant do that for them
Which is what a first pick around 9/10 is. It’s up to the Eagles to decide if they want to keep him or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawks are the ones chasing him. We are happy to keep him on his current deal.
Pick 9/10 wont get it done
Oh please it’s posturing, West coast so not want to keep him. They see this as an opportunity to accelerate the rebuild. If they want to waste his last years and get nothing for him they can go right ahead.

I understand to the Eagles Barrass is worth more than our first. However to us Hawk fans he is worth a first max.

Happy for the Eagles to keep Barrass.
If he was only worth a first rounder to the Hawks then the club wouldnt be showing this much interest. Your club knows what hes worth, and what the Eagles will expect

If he was only worth a first rounder to the Hawks then the club wouldnt be showing this much interest. Your club knows what hes worth, and what the Eagles will expect
This much interest? We met with him, you act like we are camping out on his front yard.

I understand to the Eagles Barrass is worth more than our first. However to us Hawk fans he is worth a first max.

Happy for the Eagles to keep Barrass.
Hawk fans don’t know shit then.

It won't be 1st and 2nd for Barrass it will be a pick coming back potentially 2nd round included. That's a complete fleecing what your suggesting for a 29 year old who your club wants to offer up for trade. The deal will get done if what is being reported is correct and it won't be anything other than pretty reasonable for both parties.

It won't be 1st and 2nd for Barrass it will be a pick coming back potentially 2nd round included. That's a complete fleecing what your suggesting for a 29 year old who your club wants to offer up for trade. The deal will get done if what is being reported is correct and it won't be anything other than pretty reasonable for both parties.
You think itd be Hawks 1st for Barrass and a 2nd rounder?

Are you joking?

Like Dear not being drafted or playing in the ruck 🤣.

If Barrass was around 25 years old, I’d be in with two first round picks. Fact is he is closer to 30 and has injury concerns.
Don’t be daft. Anyone worth a pinch of shit knew Dear was a long shot to be drafted until his last 6 weeks of Coates league, and he’s far too slight to play ruck, and only filled a gap there when we had no one else.

The fact is Barass is contracted, and Hawthorn are offering more money. We have to pay a trade price that makes the Eagles happy to release him and that they feel correlates to the money we have offered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back