Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching bulldogs losing the game today because they couldn't handle the oppo's 3 key forwards
May reinforce there list management decision to offer Barrass a long contract

Had Hawks finished 9th or 10th a straight swap of Barrass for a first rounder would have been on but now Hawks are finals bound and may make a semi final or even a prelim final, they are playing good footy and I really rate Mitchell as a coach, we likely (and understandably) will want a second rounder too.
Only then! Some off your supporters on here want pick 9 a second rounder and J Ward!!

Had Hawks finished 9th or 10th a straight swap of Barrass for a first rounder would have been on but now Hawks are finals bound and may make a semi final or even a prelim final, they are playing good footy and I really rate Mitchell as a coach, we likely (and understandably) will want a second rounder too.
Might be a future. Wont be this year. As I've said before, there's no chance we trade out of the 2nd round, should we trade our first.

Ward ain’t going anywhere coach has publicly said he will be a 200 game player for the club
Why would a player want to stay at a club if they aren't playing if another club offers them gametime? Ala Dambrosio

Why would a player want to stay at a club if they aren't playing if another club offers them gametime? Ala Dambrosio
Mass was offered a 1 year deal whilst being offered 2 from another club and is out of contract

Ward is contracted and is the next mid in

Completely different

Mass was offered a 1 year deal whilst being offered 2 from another club and is out of contract

Ward is contracted and is the next mid in

Completely different
Completely different you say? Only thing I see as different is contract situation.

Just quoting what the coach has said during the season and Sam doesn’t mix his words. Ward is a kid in and out of the side still learning his craft a pro in the way he prepares and trains ….. is clearly part of Sam’s long term plans. Don’t know if Mass had the same commitment under Brad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good players won't stay in the 2s forever when they can get games at other clubs.
And he won’t stay in the 2’s forever, it’s his 3rd year in the AFL and he has already played 40 games. It’s not like he is never getting a crack at this level.

And he won’t stay in the 2’s forever, it’s his 3rd year in the AFL and he has already played 40 games. It’s not like he is never getting a crack at this level.
Oh I'm sure he'll be back in the team. Just e general comment to the other poster about having amazing depth, because AFL standard players don't stay playing reserves.

Yeah if Hawthorn could stop winning

internet explain GIF

Think its tough to argue the premium value of trading for a contracted player and then ask for a former top 10 pick and contracted player to be thrown in.

If the Hawks continue their heater to somehow finish top 4, their first pick is 18+ with the Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako bids. I don't see the eagles being happy with 18 and a pick 30ish for Tom.

Yeah if Hawthorn could stop winning

internet explain GIF
It's a chicken and egg situation, if the current group is good enough to make finals, even win one, than trading for Barrass makes sense to give us that edge for next year.

If we drop the bag on the lead up and lose a bunch than you gotta think the group needs more time before going all in.

Also does it really hurts that much in this draft for the pick to slide 1 or 2 either way?

Good players won't stay in the 2s forever when they can get games at other clubs.
No disrespect but I value what comes out of Sam’s mouth rather than opinions on Bigfooty. Every year the list will change from retirement’s, injuries pop up, players roles change etc so Ward will get his chance. If Barrass chooses Hawks the trade won’t include Ward or Frenchie which is another name that I’ve seen pop up. These kids are the future of Hawthorn …. not BH!

No disrespect but I value what comes out of Sam’s mouth rather than opinions on Bigfooty. Every year the list will change from retirement’s, injuries pop up, players roles change etc so Ward will get his chance. If Barrass chooses Hawks the trade won’t include Ward or Frenchie which is another name that I’ve seen pop up. These kids are the future of Hawthorn

i think you're missing the point entirely. I'm also not saying Ward is likely to leave.

I'm saying that if AFL-quality players are playing in the 2s and can't crack the team and another club comes knocking with a long-term contract and extra $$$, then they're probably going to take it.

Unless you're Dev Robertson...

Never has a players trade worth grown so much in a game they never played in as it did today in GWS vs Hawthorn

1st and 2nd rounder is the deadset minimum. Otherwise im happy to see Hawks finish 9-12th in the next few seasons while the big forwards single handidly defeat them week in week out
This is already aging well.

Its aging better. If you had a tall defender youd be top 4.

You said you didnt need Barass cos you were not ready to spend the draft capital on a tall defender yet...
Pretty much every hawk fan would be happy to spend draft capital on a tall defender.

The only debate is how much we want to give up for a soon to be 29 year old with a bad back.

If he was younger and/or didn’t have the bad back their wouldn’t be much issue giving up a first or more for him.

Pretty much every hawk fan would be happy to spend draft capital on a tall defender.

The only debate is how much we want to give up for a soon to be 29 year old with a bad back.

If he was younger and/or didn’t have the bad back their wouldn’t be much issue giving up a first or more for him.
With the Hawks now looking likely to finish higher than expected even a few weeks ago I think the chances of them trading their first pick for Barrass would have increased. If you recruit him I think you'd be the Premiership favourites heading into next year. Players do physicals on request of clubs before trades are done. If your medical team thought the risk of the back injury effected his ability to play at a high level then you could back out of a trade,.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back