Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Its aging better. If you had a tall defender youd be top 4.

You said you didnt need Barass cos you were not ready to spend the draft capital on a tall defender yet...
I definitely didn’t say that.

He’s worth a 1st and that’s what it will most likely be…. Maybe a sweetener thrown in but nothing crazy.

If Richmond people are bleeting about Baker being a first rounder then Barrass is worth multiple of that. And I'm not even being a nuffie about it. He's one of the clubs captains and best players still on the latter part of his prime that will make the Hawks infinitely better.

You gotta pay something for that.

If Richmond people are bleeting about Baker being a first rounder then Barrass is worth multiple of that. And I'm not even being a nuffie about it. He's one of the clubs captains and best players still on the latter part of his prime that will make the Hawks infinitely better.

There's 1st rounders and then there's 1st rounders though. Pick ~7 is not the same as pick 18. No doubt Barrass is worth more than Baker :thumbsu:

No one is arguing the bolded

I think the trade could end up being Hawks 1st and 2nd if Hawthorn ends up top 6. I think that's a fair trade as a Fremantle supporter. Barrass to Hawks would allow Sicilly to play in an intercept role and Weddle to play more forward so thats two big plusses for the Hawks. Meanwhile I could WC using the Hawks 2nd rounder and the WC second + WC 4th rounder for Brisbane 1st which could then be used to get Baker.

Last edited:
I think the trade could end up being Hawks 1st and 2nd if Hawthorn ends up top 6. I think that's a fair trade as a Fremantle supporter. Barrass to Hawks would allow Sicilly to play in an intercept role and Weddle to play more forward so thats two big plusses for the Hawks. Meanwhile I could WC using the Hawks 2nd rounder and the WC second + WC 4th rounder for Brisbane 1st which could then be used to get Baker.
Pick 22 plus pick 30 plus pick 55 for pick 15? Yeah no thanks

A 2nd rounder is a sweetner and nothing crazy though. Fighting tooth and nail for a pick in the 30s isnt something you do when you want to finish top 4
It can be when the goal is to have sustained success and not just finish top 4.

Rd 1 and 2 for a 25 yr old Steven May

Round 1 is about right
Maybe a sweetener

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 6 would be traded for pick 10 and 12 in such a draft, that’s how big a difference it is. If you jad pick 6 I’d give Barasss + 22 for pick 6 for example

The eagles won't be getting a first and second round pick for a 29 year old with a bad back. If the eagles wanted that return they shouldn't traded him 4 years ago. In my opinion, Barrass is worth a pick around 20 and a fringe player such as Denver Grainger Barrass or Ned Reeves.

The eagles won't be getting a first and second round pick for a 29 year old with a bad back. If the eagles wanted that return they shouldn't traded him 4 years ago. In my opinion, Barrass is worth a pick around 20 and a fringe player such as Denver Grainger Barrass or Ned Reeves.
Then we would keep him and move on with our lives basically.

Then we would keep him and move on with our lives basically.

And that would be fine. I think at the respective stages of their careers an athletic Sam Frost able to play on bigs and smalls offers significantly more than a geriatric Barrass.

The eagles should try and deal with Sam Power, a notorious tight arse at the trade table and see what you get.

I definitely didn’t say that.

He’s worth a 1st and that’s what it will most likely be…. Maybe a sweetener thrown in but nothing crazy.
The kicker is that he's contracted for another 3 seasons. If the Eagles have any spine at all, they will play hardball and make you pay overs. Under Don Pyke, I'd like to think the days of us buckling at the trade table are behind us.

He might be only worth a 1st and some steak knives... but being contracted for another 3 years puts that value up significantly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back